• Helping Paws

January 8, 2011

The home improvement projects never end when you’re a homeowner. Poor Mal worked for hours trying to install a new faucet in our kitchen sink this afternoon.

_MG_7564 (640x426)

When we moved into our new home back in November, the nice people from Moen sent us this housewarming gift to try out.

_MG_7575 (640x426)

Unfortunately, Mal had quite a bit of trouble installing it. Actually, he struggled with UNinstalling the old faucet. He even had to run out to Lowe’s to buy a Telescopic Basin Wrench to get into the tight space behind the garbage disposal to remove the nut from the old faucet. It was a hacksaw blade that finally did the trick! Once the old faucet was out, it was a piece of cake to put in the new one. Thank goodness!

_MG_7586 (640x426)_MG_7577 (640x426)

Through all of this, the pug, of course, wasn’t far from the action.

_MG_7567 (640x426)

Murphy slowly crept in for a closer look at the project at hand.

_MG_7583 (640x426)

_MG_7584 (640x426)

Apparently, this position gave him the best view.

_MG_7625 (640x426)

_MG_7630 (640x426)

_MG_7590 (640x426)

Then, the pug tried to make himself comfortable.

_MG_7593 (640x426)

_MG_7596 (640x426)

_MG_7598 (640x426)

Eventually, he made it work.

_MG_7607 (640x426)

Weirdest dog ever.

Lunch

To refuel after this morning’s run, I ate an egg white and cheddar cheese sandwich on a toasted English muffin and drank a protein shake made with Vanilla Whey Superior Charge, iced coffee, and soy milk.

_MG_7546 (640x426)
    _MG_7548 (640x426)_MG_7537 (426x640)

As you know, I’m trying to increase my protein intake, so I’m going to incorporate whey protein into my diet. One scoop (31.8 g) has 21 grams of protein! Plus, it’s easy to mix into things that I already eat and drink, like iced coffee, oatmeal, and smoothies. I especially like this one because it’s really vanilla-y!

_MG_7532 (640x426)

Snack

After running errands all afternoon, I came home and snacked on a few Crispy Tenderswith barbeque sauce.

_MG_7615 (640x426)

And an apple with a scoop of peanut butter.

_MG_7561 (640x426)

Dinner

For dinner, Mal and I are making homemade pizza and drinking beer. Watching a movie and building a fire is also on the agenda for the evening. Sounds like the perfect Saturday night to me!

_MG_7619 (640x426)

Off to pig out! :mrgreen:

IMG_0005

Jen January 8, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Murphy is a constant source of entertainment in our house. I love showing my husband all the latest Murphy pics. We are convinced we need to get a pug to keep our sweet golden company! :)

Heidi January 9, 2011 at 12:54 am

I love Murphy because he’s so funny. I can’t believe he just sat on the lap while work was being done. Dogs will be dogs. :)

Nadine January 9, 2011 at 7:07 am

increasing your protein will really help you in a lot of ways — it may even do the trick with the sugar cravings. I LOVE the pictures of Murphy & Mal. LOVE them.

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down) January 9, 2011 at 8:04 am

Haha…Murphy is such a good helper. ;) I love the expressions on his face. :D

Jen @ Making Messes January 9, 2011 at 8:23 am

Your pug reminds me of my pug. Not sure if it’s the smooshed face or the odd places to perch….

Jennie @ Designed to be Fit January 9, 2011 at 8:25 am

My dogs do the same thing to my husband, but they are about 50 pounds each so it would make faucet installation a bit more difficult!

megan @ blackberries for jam January 9, 2011 at 8:46 am

I’m also trying to incorporate more protein in my diet. Have you ever tried Spiru-tein? It’s a blend of soy, rice and pea proteins, and the vanilla and strawberry flavors are amazing in smoothies! I order mine from Amazon.

Rosey Rebecca January 9, 2011 at 9:48 am

I just laughed SO hard at those pics of Murphy sitting on Mal. Thank you for sharing them. Makes me want a pug ten times more now. He’s so cute!

Hope you get the faucet thing figured out!

Alaina January 9, 2011 at 9:50 am

Haha, Murphy is too cute.

Sounds like a perfect evening to me! :-)

Jenni January 9, 2011 at 9:54 am

Mal is so patient to let Murphy lay on him like that!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite January 9, 2011 at 10:13 am

You have me cracking up over here with Murphy trying to get cozy on top of Mal. Too funny :) Love adding vanilla protein powder to oatmeal – it makes it taste like rice pudding!

Lisa@Smart Food & Fit January 9, 2011 at 10:13 am

Your dog is adorable!
    I too like to use whey protein to bump up my protein needs. I’ll have to try the brand you suggest, I alway use Biochem Vanilla Whey protein. You’re right it’s so easy to mix into beverages and baked goods.
    I’ll have to write a post on my whey protein chocolate chip cookies, great way to get some protein and some sweetness from the chocolate.

Gill (snaxandthecity) January 9, 2011 at 10:29 am

you guys are so cute!
    Protein powder is great in oatmeal – one thing that i found though, is that it tastes awful when cooked – so only add the powder once the oatmeal is off the heat!

Monica January 9, 2011 at 10:44 am

Cute shirts! I love anything with pigs on them, perhaps that is the Iowan in me talking though. ;)

Kelly January 9, 2011 at 11:01 am

I love how Murphy always has to be next to Mal…cutest thing ever!

Regina January 9, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love your tshirts! Where’d you get them?

Mary January 9, 2011 at 11:17 am

I was literally laughing out loud with the Murphy pictures. Thank you for that!

Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean January 9, 2011 at 11:41 am

Hah, that pug is SO adorable! My grandparents had one they named Taz (after the cartoon character) while growing up…such funny animals!

Barbara Griffin January 9, 2011 at 1:02 pm

OMG, LMAO! Those pictures of Murphy are priceless. I am a frequent reader, but have never commented before. I am a dog lover and have a Newfoundland named Yogi.

Honey January 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm

This post was so funny! I can only imagine if Murphy was walking on me, I’d be so ticklish in some parts… I would probably end up banging my head on the cabinet. I can’t believe your husband worked thru all that.
    So funny! Thanks!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Murphy is SO funny! Adorable.
    You should try Jay Robb’s Vanilla Whey Protein…OMG. Tastes like a vanilla milkshake.

Marian January 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Murphy is too cute! My cats like to “help” around the house too!

Roz January 9, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Murphy is HILARIOUS!!! I’m sure having Murphy on top of Mal helped with the installation! :)

Christina January 9, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Ha! I love how he cut his face out of the picture. And awesome that they sent you a gift for your kitchen!!

Capri January 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I nearly spewed coffee all over my computer looking at these. Murphy’s so adorable and his expressions are priceless!

m. January 9, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Hi Tina,
    A quick question (I admire you very much). I’m gonna start a blog. Not title jumps out…I’ve narrowed it to “A Cozy Place” or ” Life Actually”. Or maybe “stories and tea” or something…those don’t “do ” it for me, but am stuck.
    I kind of need a place to be open about dealing with some physical setbacks…but I also want a grateful, positive, thankful place…and a “magical” kind of place ….I like stories, reading, writing, passions like those, tea, etc. Any thoughts on those 3 above? Nay or yay or stronger liking toward one.
    Thanks muchly. Luv your blog.

Amy January 9, 2011 at 7:57 pm

your dog cracks me up!

Beverly January 11, 2011 at 5:56 am

OMG the Murphy pics made me pee my pants laughing!!!!! That dog SO owns you guys! LOL Loved it. Thanks for making my morning! I’m trying to catch up on emails and just read this one finally. Glad I did. Had a rough start to the week and needed a good laugh!

Martha Lilian January 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

I absolutely LOVE the Murphy pictures! We have a pug mix who definitely acts just like a pug and does the same exact thing. It doesn’t matter where I am or what I’m doing, he wants to be right there, snuggling up and taking a nap on me. Have to love those smushy face babies!!