I never blogged about dinner last night because I was waiting (im)patiently for it to finish cooking!
Crockpots are amazing, but if you wait until the afternoon to start your dinner, you’re not going to eat it until nearly 9:00 PM. Oh, well. I’m still a Crockpot Rookie. Live and learn, right?
So, what was I waiting for all night?
Coffee-Braised Brisket with Potatoes and Carrots!!! Coffee-braised meat?!? Sign me up! Yes, it’s as delicious as it sounds! 😀
I’m actually sort of obsessed with this meal. Here’s why:
- It was so easy to make! Just throw everything in a crock pot, stir a few times, and wait 7 hours.
- It was budget-friendly! Brisket is a very affordable cut of meat””even at Whole Foods! I was pleasantly surprised.
- There weren’t too many dishes to clean. Crockpots rule.
- It tasted amazing! I still can’t get over the flavors and texture of the brisket. Holy yum!
I loved this meal, but there’s always room for improvement. Here’s what I would change:
- Stronger coffee flavor. Next time, I’ll use a coffee with a more bold flavor. I used Eight O’clock Coffee, which was good, but I think a brand like Starbucks or Peet’s would give the meat more coffee flavor.
- Crusty bread. I wish I had some bread to sop up the delicious sauce! I totally dropped that ball on that. Clearly, I’m a Crockpot Rookie.
The photos above are from last night’s dinner. I ate the leftovers for lunch today.
I had a bowl of Coffee-Braised Brisket with Potatoes and Carrots and a Carrot Cake Muffin on the side.
Murphy, of course, kept a close watch on my food.
Off to work on my taxes. Boo.