• All for 26.2

January 14, 2011

This is it. Mal and I are currently on our way to Phoenix to run our first marathon. If you’ve been following since August, it’s been a long time coming.

Weeks of training: 22

Fundraisers hosted on Carrots ‘N’ Cake: 8

Money raised for Team In Training: $8,014.16

Miles traveled to Phoenix: 2,634

All for 26.2.

See ya in Arizona! :mrgreen:

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Wow, when you write it all out like this, all the work you’ve put in seems even more impressive! You’re going to rock that marathon!

Amy January 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I have been following your blog for quite a while and I rarely comment. I just wanted to tell you that I am super excited for you and sending you lots of luck and good running vibes from Oklahoma!

I think it’s awesome that you have gotten to experience the whole training AND the marathon with your husband! How cool is that!?! I would love for my husband to start running with me! You guys are going to do awesome!

I cannot wait to hear ALL about it. Happy Running!

Jenna @ Eating Green, Staying Lean January 14, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Good luck!!!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 14, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Woohoo!!!!! Good luck! You’re going to rock it!

You know..out of all the times you got lost, that’s actually a really good way to add mileage! 😉

tracey January 14, 2011 at 6:33 pm

best of luck to you and Mal! Have fun and be safe!

Christine (The Raw Project) January 14, 2011 at 6:33 pm

What a training adventure! Good luck!

Katie January 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Tina and Mal I wish you guys the best! You both are going to rock this marathon! It has been so fun watching your journey training too! SO proud of you both! xoxo

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down) January 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Good luck! You have put in so much effort. So much dedication. Now it’s time to enjoy and celebrate this, with the 26.2 miles. Have fun! 😀

Naomi(onefitfoodie) January 14, 2011 at 6:48 pm

You must be SO excited!! good luck I wish you both all the best!!

Ffion January 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm

GOOD LUCK! I know you and Mal will rock it! :) I’m excited for you!

Laura @ Backstage Pass January 14, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Congrats, Tina and Mal! You guys are gonna rock this marathon! Can’t wait to hear all about it :-)

Pure2Raw Twins January 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Good luck Tina and Mal! We will be thinking of you both. You two are going to rock it 😉 HUGS

Tracy January 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Best Wishes to both of you! You will both do great! ~Have a safe trip!

Mindy January 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Good luck! Love your blog and this is the first time I have commented! You will love your first marathon as I just completed my first this year!

Marie January 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Good luck to both you and Mal tomorrow Tina! You will both do great!

Jenny January 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Tina, I wish you and Mal the very best on your race. You are such an inspiration. I love to get your daily feed! You are proving to me that maybe, just maybe, I will achieve my goal of running 26.2 someday. I hope the race is fun and don’t worry about capturing it all on film 😉 , we all can’t wait to hear all the details! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! So happy for you both. If you ever want to train for another fun, rockin’ race, the Flying Pig here in Cincinnati is a great race. Celebrate your achievements.

Betsy January 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Truly Awsome, have a great race Tina and Mel!

Becca@ Start Over From Scratch January 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Such a fun post!!! Good luck! You are gonna rock it!!!

Lisa @ Want Believe Achieve January 14, 2011 at 9:13 pm

You and Mal are going to “rock” this marathon…361 miles during training?! Amazing and truly inspirational! Good luck!

Kate January 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Good luck to both you & Mal!

Susan January 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I can’t wait to read your race report! Good luck!

Lisa@ Dishes of Mrs. Fish January 14, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Enjoy every second!
    Running a marathon with TEAM was one of the most rewarding moments of my life. Such an amazing experience.

Kristen January 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm

GOOD LUCK! I have enjoyed following your journey, and I cant wait till hearing about the race. Good luck to mal too!

Kristin January 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

such a cool post! It has been fun following along with your training :) Have a blast in Arizona!!!

Taryn January 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm

If I was ever going to be motivated to run a marathon, this is the post that would make me do it. I feel so inspired by your journey, BEST of luck!

Beverly January 15, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Good luck guys! Go get ’em and have fun doing it! Hope all goes well & best of luck to you both!

Stacy @ Stacy Eats January 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Very impressive! Good luck to both of you!!

Monica January 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm

What a cool look back! Can’t wait to hear how everything went.

Dani January 16, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Fantastic post. I’ve spent ll summer reading your blog and I can’t believe you have come so far! Hope to see you in more marathons or halfs :)