• A New Friday Tradition

January 7, 2011

Happy Cookie Friday! :mrgreen:

I enjoyed a light lunch today, but for good reason!

My salad included romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, celery, carrots, green bell pepper, balsamic vinegar, and leftover Pasta with Tuna and Black Olive Vinaigrette.

On the side: banana slices with peanut butter.

After lunch, I left the house covered in pug fur.

My destination: Starbucks!

I decided to start a new Friday tradition of visiting Starbucks with my laptop to work.

As you probably know, I write a weekly post for Health.com. Usually, I wait until Sunday night or even early Monday morning to write it. (It’s due Monday at 9:00 AM.) I’m not one of those people who works well under pressure, so I’m sometimes unhappy with what I submit to my editor. Let’s just say some posts are better than others! So, instead of waiting until the last minute, I want to tackle my weekly post on Friday and have the weekend to edit it. I figured getting out of the house would help me better focus, and what better place to be than Starbucks on a Friday? It’s perfect way to celebrate Cookie Friday!

While working on my Health post, I enjoyed a Double Fudge Mini Donut, a Petite Vanilla Bean Scone, and an iced soy latte. Happy Cookie Friday to me!

Date night is on the agenda for this evening!

TGIF! 8-)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm

That’s a good tradition! You can’t go wrong with Cookie Friday and Starbucks :)

Katherine: Unemployed January 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm

is that a baby donut? I’ve never seen

Hannah January 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm

This post has made me *so* envious about not having Starbucks here in Canberra, Australia! I feel like my PhD might actually happen if I had soy lattes and vanilla bean scones to help me along with it…

Mabelle @ dance, love, dine January 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That mini donut looks soooo good. I agree is good to get out of the house and get some fresh air! Have fun on date night :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 7, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I love working in Starbuck’s! I always feel so cool.

Kelsi January 7, 2011 at 9:57 pm

A Friday Starbucks tradtion sounds great! It reminds me of when I was in college and my friend and I had a Frappacino Friday date at Starbucks every Friday.

Lisa@Smart Food & Fit January 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I love Starbucks it’s a great place to get some work done. When my husband and I were dating we use to always go to Starbucks to study or write papers… miss those days. Now, it’s a bit different we go to Barnes and Noble cafe (Starbucks in the store) with our three boys and just hang out in the kid section! We get lattes, the boys get steamed milk and a cookie….funny thing is we usually go every Friday!
    Enjoy your new cookie Friday tradition!

Alaina January 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Those baby pastries are so cute. I have yet to try one but they do look delectable. :-)

Lacey @ Lake Life January 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I think your new tradition is a great idea and will definitely take the dread out of Sunday night/Monday morning!

CMae January 8, 2011 at 7:34 am

I always leave the house covered in dog fur! I gave up on lint brushes long ago. When you love your pooch, you just learn to accept some imperfections in appearance.

Tiffany January 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Tina,
    Those jeans that you have on (with the pug fur), are they specifically for tucking jeans into boots? I’ve never seen anything like that but it’s a fantastic idea. Where did you get them?
    Thanks!

Tina January 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Marshalls.

Julie @SavvyEats January 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I love going to coffee shops to work once or twice a week. Sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference!

Ali January 8, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I just got a $25 gift card to Starbucks and am so excited to use it. It’s such a fun treat, but one that I don’t usually like spending the $$ on if there is a cheaper option.

Rochel January 8, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Cute background pic on your laptop.

jeremy January 9, 2011 at 12:29 am

cool

CampingGirl January 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I love working at Starbucks! I often take a pile of marking there and work for hours.

Jenna January 9, 2011 at 9:32 pm