The marathon is getting so close!! I can’t believe that it’s a little over two weeks away. I feels like we were just signing up for it! It’s getting real, people!
A special box with all of our Team In Training gear arrived in the mail today.
Inside was our uniforms, t-shirts, emergency bracelets, dinner and party tickets, flight and hotel information, etc.
Wow, it’s really starting to hit me. In 17 short days, I’m going to run a 26.2 miles (in a row). I’m nervous, but so excited! We’ll be in Phoenix before I know it!
Thanks for everyone’s music suggestions on this morning’s post. Check out the marathon mix that I created tonight:
- Whataya Want from Me 3:47 Adam Lambert
- More Than A Feeling 4:47 Boston Boston
- Born to Run 4:30 Bruce Springsteen
- Short Skirt, Long Jacket 3:28 Cake
- Evacuate the Dancefloor 3:28 Cascada
- Lost! 3:57 Coldplay
- Made Up My Mind 3:44 David Gray
- Hey Hey 3:06 The Elms
- Whatcha Say 3:43 Jason Derülo
- Run This Town 4:28 Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Don’t Stop Believin’ 4:11 Journey
- Teenage Dream 3:48 Katy Perry
- Firework 3:48 Katy Perry
- Tik Tok 3:20 Ke$ha
- We R Who We R 3:25 Ke$ha
- Let It Rock 3:51 Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
- Bad Romance 4:54 Lady GaGa
- Alejandro 4:34 Lady GaGa
- Monster 4:09 Lady GaGa
- Speechless 4:31 Lady GaGa
- Dance In the Dark 4:49 Lady GaGa
- Telephone (feat. Beyoncé) 3:41 Lady GaGa
- So Happy I Could Die 3:55 Lady GaGa
- Teeth 3:41 Lady GaGa
- Just Dance (feat. Colby O’Donis) 4:02 Lady GaGa
- LoveGame 3:36 Lady GaGa
- Paparazzi 3:28 Lady GaGa
- Poker Face 3:57 Lady GaGa
- Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) 2:55 Lady GaGa
- Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 2:52 Lady GaGa
- The Fame 3:42 Lady GaGa
- Money Honey 2:50 Lady GaGa
- Starstruck (feat. Space Cowboy & Flo Rida) 3:37 Lady GaGa
- Boys Boys Boys 3:21 Lady GaGa
- Paper Gangsta 4:23 Lady GaGa
- Brown Eyes 4:03 Lady GaGa
- I Like It Rough 3:22 Lady GaGa
- Summerboy 4:14 Lady GaGa
- Disco Heaven 3:41 Lady GaGa
- Bad Romance (Starsmith Remix) 4:56 Lady GaGa
- Paper Planes 3:24 M.I.A.
- Hung Up 5:38 Madonna
- Man In the Mirror 5:19 Michael Jackson
- P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) 3:46 Michael Jackson
- All the Right Moves 3:58 OneRepublic
- Raise Your Glass 3:23 P!nk
- Disturbia 3:59 Rihanna
- Only Girl (In the World) 3:55 Rihanna
- Dynamite 3:24 Taio Cruz
- You Belong With Me 3:51 Taylor Swift
My marathon mix includes 50 songs (heavy on the Gaga) and lasts 3.2 hours. I’ll hear songs more than once, but there’s enough variety that I won’t get sick of listening to them.
Tonight’s dinner was a romaine salad with leftover quinoa, roasted brussels sprouts, baked tofu chunks, homemade croutons, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar.
On the side, I had a serving with parsnip chips.
I did it! :mrgreen: I went all day without any sweets, so I enjoyed two small bowls of Half Baked FroYo and a pint of coffee-chocolate porter. (The beer was my husband’s idea!) Both treats were totally worth the wait!
I’m actually surprised how ‘easy’ it was to hold off those sugar cravings throughout the day. I definitely experienced them, but knowing that I could enjoy a special something at the end of the day was really all of the motivation that I needed. (Who knew?!) Tomorrow’s another day. Let’s hope that I can do it again!
Mal and I are running 10 miles with our team tomorrow morning. It’s the last run with the people training for the Disney Marathon & Half Marathon, which is NEXT weekend!!