• Color Clash

December 3, 2010

I know that I’m eating a nutritious meal when my food clashes with the majority of my place mats! I had to use a neutral-colored one to photograph my lunch today. All of my colored place mats were just too much! 8-O

_MG_4254

For lunch, I enjoyed a soup & salad combo: Winter Lentil Soup and a homemade arugula salad topped with crumbled feta.

_MG_4256

Feta makes it betta! :mrgreen:

_MG_4261

After lunch, I did a little baking while listening to the Rockin’ Holidays radio station on Pandora, which I am loving! I pretty much like all holiday music, but I prefer the upbeat (aka rockin’) songs. The Rockin’ Holidays station weeds out the slow stuff and it rules.

Ok, back to baking!

So, I have half of a bag of apples that need to be used up ASAP. They’re already past the “snacking” stage (i.e. the skin is getting wrinkly), so now they can only be incorporated into recipes. It’s now or never!

_MG_4246

So, I used a bunch of them to make my favorite Apple Crisp recipe.

_MG_4275

It really is THE BEST!:-D

_MG_4287

Once they came out of the oven, I had a few bites, but I’m saving the rest for dessert this evening.

_MG_4266

Did you enjoy Cookie Friday today?

Please tell me that you did! :-D

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two December 3, 2010 at 1:39 pm

The Apple Crisp looks delicious! I just made mint chocolate chip cookies :) Found it in a “Christmas Cookies” magazine and they turned out great…and green!

Sarah for Real December 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I bought a piece of pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting along with my coffee this morning, but have yet to eat it. For some reason it’s not screaming my name yet… Maybe this afternoon!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 3, 2010 at 1:51 pm

My cookie Friday will be coming this evening, when I have my favorite dessert ever :) So excited!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I prefer the slower, religious songs. I find the pop Christmas songs just aren’t as good.

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 3, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Not yet, but by the end of the day, I am sure I will have enjoyed cookie Friday! : )
    I need to look up that rockin’ Christmas station on Pandora. We have been playing just the Christmas station and there are some pretty terrible songs that play!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin December 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Wow that crisp turned out awesome! I have had more of a jelly bean friday than cookie friday. :)

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations December 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Isn’t apple crisp so comforting? It looks wonderful.

Kacy December 3, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Haha, that’s a good way to gage a meal’s health factor.

I haven’t had a cookie, but I had a few bites of cinammon roll this morning and there are cupcakes in my future tonight! Close enough?

The Healthy Apple December 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Love love love apple crisp…mmmm…looks delish, Tina…there’s something amazing about a warm, cozy ‘crisp’ that I just love during these chilly months…warms ya right on up with a cup of hot coco..
    Enjoy your weekend.

Laura December 3, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Last night I made the “Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie” recipe off of Eat. Live. Run. and they are making for a delicious Cookie Friday! I’ve already had two today. :-)

sweeter salt December 3, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Ohh cookies! I want one now!

Love apple crisp too!

Laura

Angela December 3, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Oooh yummy!! I love apple crisp. I’m not really a big dessert person, but that’s one I won’t pass up! :)

Amanda (Eating Up) December 3, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Peaceful Holidays makes good brain music for studying for me. After next week, I will definitely be ready to rock though!

jen December 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Feta really does make everything betta!!! ;)
    YUMMY looking apple crisp too!!!

Have a great weekend.

Jen

Estela @ Weekly Bite December 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I love making little individual desserts like that :)

Sharon December 3, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I Love apple crisp too. If ever you’re in the mood for a slight twist give Martha Stewarts recipe a try from her site. It uses one of your favorite ingredients, Oatmeal.

Erin W. December 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Thank you for telling us about this Pandora playlist. I’m listening to it right now – it’s so fun!

Megan (Braise The Roof) December 3, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Haven’t had a cookie today yet, but I bet I will later! I’m going to a Christmas party (for BC alums here in Chicago- wee!) tonight and I’m sure they’ll have a spread. :)

RhodeyGirl December 3, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I want that soup delivered to my front door thanks.

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 3, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I had a cupcake today!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm

That apple crisp looks amazing! :) Yummy!

Alaina December 3, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I have some apples to be baked. I tried my hand at apple walnut bread. Didn’t come out as planned. I’ll have to try the crisp!

jennifer December 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm

just opened my pandora to the holiday hits! AWESOME! LOVE HARRY CONICK!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 3, 2010 at 3:25 pm

It’s funny you ask about Cookie Friday because I just put a batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven!

Paula December 3, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I just had a blondie with my coffee on my afternoon break. Not a cookie, but better!

Cate @ My Running Ambition December 3, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Love that lentil soup, it looks great!! Plus its cookie friday, what could be better? Yum!!

Liz @ BLog is the New Black December 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Yum, your crisp looks delish and cozy! I am baking and enjoying cookie Friday!

Lauren at KeepItSweet December 3, 2010 at 3:57 pm

after eating 3 big holiday cookies in the office yesterday i’m trying to use some self-control today! although i definitely see some baking in my near future….

grocery goddess jen December 3, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I did have a cookie today, but I forget it was even cookie Friday! I’d rather have some of that apple crisp, actually!

Shanna, like Banana December 3, 2010 at 4:10 pm

No cookie Friday for me, but I am making my own applecrisp tonight for the hubby ;)

Carly December 3, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Yes… at the moment I’m enjoying the Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies that I made for our blogger cookie exchange last night. They are 100% addicting :)

Angela December 3, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Had a 4-cookie Friday oops!

Mabelle December 3, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Your lunch looks pretty :D funny how it was clashing with your placemats! hehe
    PS: Thanks for the tip on the pandora station. The one I was listening to kept playing really sloooooooww songs from like the 1930s! lol So, im happy I can finally listen to some upbeat songs yeyyy!!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite December 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I’m so happy you mentioned the Rockin’ Holiday station! I am doing generic Christmas and some are great and some are duds. Can’t wait to switch on over!

Hannah December 3, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Oooh, gorgeous colours! And I celebrated chocolate Friday… but then again every day is chocolate day for me…

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I looked in the fridge to realize I’m all out of butter, so cookie Friday has been postponed to cookie Saturday. :P

Although now I’m rethinking my plans to make cookies because that apple crisp looks sooo tempting!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 3, 2010 at 7:04 pm

No cookies yet today – I’m baking tomorrow though!!!

Krystina December 3, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Sadly no, but I have some cookie dough chilling in the fridge! I’ll be baking it tomorrow. :)

Pure2Raw Twins December 3, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Yes we had lots of chocolate chip cookies today :) Cookies make everything better!!!

I hope you have a great Friday!!

~Lori

Stacy @ Every Little Thing December 4, 2010 at 9:55 am

feta definitely makes everything better! i put it on tons of things.