• Beer 101 for Chicks

December 6, 2010

I spent my afternoon learning about and tasting new beers! :mrgreen: Check out the video on FiterellaTV!

I only said a few weird things! ;-)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin December 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Sounds like a pretty amazing afternoon – especially for a Monday!!

Amanda (Eating Up) December 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I’m loving that guy’s UT Austin t-shirt. Those are a lot of beers! Can’t wait to watch the whole video!

Heather (Heather's Dish) December 6, 2010 at 4:00 pm

LOVE this! what a great way to start the week off!

Liz @ BLog is the New Black December 6, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Very cool- great Monday!!

caitlin December 6, 2010 at 4:08 pm

hahah i love the parental advisory.

Stacy @ Every Little Thing December 6, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I wish beer wasn’t seen as a “man” thing! It’s so great, and I love when I hear women drinking good beer :) Great video!

gabriella @ embracement December 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Awesome way to spend your monday afternoon, Tina! Found some new beers to try, definitely.

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 6, 2010 at 4:31 pm

What a fun way to spend you Monday! This would have made me week! : )

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) December 6, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I wish I loved beer, but sadly I just have not found one that I like YET…I still hold out hope though.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) December 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I just don’t like beer. Oh well, more wine for me! :)

Ella December 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm

The sound on the video is AWFUL! :( I’m having such a hard time hearing you & Mike – without turning my speakers all the way and then being deafened by Jacqueline! Oh well.. it seems like a great video :)

suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] December 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm

yum, beer tasting! :) lucky for me, the gals I hang out with definitely are into good beer drinking. my friend melanie even has a beer blog!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 6, 2010 at 4:41 pm

How cool is that?!

Cristen December 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I learned a LOT of useful information by watching this. I am one of those girls that always thinks it’s too bitter. Now I’m armed with some new and useful information! Beer maybe getting another try. Thanks Tina!

Katy (The Singing Runner) December 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Haha… I loved the viewer discretion!

Fitarella December 6, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Tina – Thank you so very much for coming on, it was a pleasure having you with us!!

@Ella – sorry about the sound, we were having some mic issues. We’re working on it :-)

Amy December 6, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I’m disappointed there weren’t any IPAs! I love my beers hoppy and bitter… might have something to do with being surrounded by them in the pacific northwest! :)

Lisa December 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm

You did GREAT!!!

Laura (Starloz) December 6, 2010 at 5:59 pm

the sound is terrible but the video is great, very informative.

K December 6, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Oh my God, can I be you for a day??!! (writing this while drinking a Berkshire Brewing Co. River Ale)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 6, 2010 at 7:41 pm

how fun! what a great way to spend some time! :)

Kris December 6, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Long ago I had to hold my nose to drink beer. Now I much prefer it to wine, and the darker, more flavorful, the better. I love going on brewery tours and visiting beer bars.

Erin December 6, 2010 at 9:34 pm

You were adorable! I’m a beer loving chick too. ;)

Michelle (Delightfully Dietetic) December 6, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Haha oooooh yeah hottie pattotie! You did wonderful :) The sound on this is crappy though…

dahli22 December 6, 2010 at 10:56 pm

you did great and didn’t say anything weird!

dahli22 December 6, 2010 at 11:50 pm

you’re going to do okay judging from your tv thing today. you have a lot of people behind you, supporting you whether you win or fail!

trang December 7, 2010 at 1:08 am

Is there a way to list the beers, specifically the last one? I would love to try it. Thank you!

Kristy December 17, 2010 at 10:09 am

Sounds like you had fun! I work for BitterSweet Partnership, a company set up by Molson Coors to bridge the gap of female beer marketing in the industry. Beer tastings are a great way for women to discover new beers and to gain a wider understanding of the range of ingredients that goes into each beer. Pairing beer with food is another way to identify the unique flavours in beer and this is something we’ve looked at on our website. You can see it at http://www.bittersweetpartnership.com – it’d be great to hear your feedback!