• All I Want For Christmas

December 8, 2010

Mid-morning, I drove to NuVal for the annual “state of the union” meeting, which happen to have a little holiday flair thrown into the mix.

IMG_0016

If you’re wondering, I still work for NuVal. I just do the majority of my work from home. I blog Monday through Friday at Trading Up Downtown and manage NuVal’s Twitter accounts (@NuVal & @TinaTradesUp), so my boss lets me work from home.

I actually prefer to work from home, but I definitely miss my coworkers. It was nice to see everyone today and catch up. I might have to visit the office a little more often!

IMG_0001

When I arrived at NuVal, everyone gathered in the conference room to hear the head of the company give a presentation, which summarized NuVal’s successes over the past year as well its goals for the coming years.

Since this time last year, NuVal has expanded from 3 retailers to 14 retailers!!  NuVal is on the move, baby! (FYI: There are only 11 retailers listed on the NuVal website, but there are more to come!)

IMG_0007

After the presentation, we enjoyed lunch from the The Chateau in Braintree. Holy yum! Good pick by our Office Manager!

IMG_0008

IMG_0009

I loaded up my plate with mostly veggies (raw, marinated & roasted), a little bit of meat (Italian sausage & meatballs), and a piece of buttery garlic bread.

IMG_0010

As always, I left plenty of room for dessert! ;-)

IMG_0013IMG_0015

IMG_0012

We also received Christmas presents at the meeting. In Boston, ya can’t go wrong with Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards! :-D

IMG_0006IMG_0004

Once the lunch ended, I headed home to find a special package on my front porch: Mama Pea’s Holiday Dough Balls. Yes, you read that correctly. I have the authentic Dough Balls in my possession.

IMG_0018

This is truly all I wanted for Christmas. For real. My in-laws recently asked me for a Christmas list, and I could not come up with a single thing that I wanted. Ok, well, I wanted Dough Balls and cold hard cash, but nothing else. I eventually came up with a hand blender that I saw on Ellen! ;-)

IMG_0021

Feel Great Weight

My sleep schedule has been so messed up lately. I finally made the connection between sleep and what I chose to eat: Why a Lack of Sleep Is Ruining My Diet.

What’s on your Christmas list this year?

Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 8, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Ahhh SO JEALOUS! I’m dying for those dough balls!

Alaina December 9, 2010 at 12:14 am

I really want a garmin forerunner, cold-weather running gear and a food processor. :-)

meemsnyc December 9, 2010 at 1:30 am

That lunch does look good, especially the desserts!

Mads December 9, 2010 at 2:03 am

Mama Pea’s Dough Balls are exploding on the internet! Why don’t I know who this Mama Pea person is?!?
    I really need to get on it and start whippin up a batch of dough balls.

Dana Haidan December 9, 2010 at 6:20 am

Hi Tina,

I can’t express enough how much you inspire me. Your blog broke the vicious cycle of yoyo dieting i was trapped in for years. Thanks to your blog, i finally learned for once and all how to balance between my workout routine and eating habits without making my weight loss goal to take over my life and feel like a burden. You taught me how to live healthy and enjoy life, and i can’t thank you enough for that.

Best,
    Dana

jen December 9, 2010 at 7:06 am

NuVal is at Meijer and I love it!

Yummmm. Balls.

Jen

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 9, 2010 at 8:38 am

So jealous of the authentic dough balls! :D I’ve been wanting to make these, but I’m sure mine wouldn’t taste anywhere near as good as Mama Pea’s!

I’m asking for some Lululemon clothes and a Garmin 305!

Heather December 9, 2010 at 10:58 am

Oh those goodies look super tasty! But what’s with that hideous tablecloth???? GO BEARS ;)

Angela (the diet book junkie) December 9, 2010 at 12:15 pm

oh yeah, dough balls are now on the list, other than that i have absolutely no idea. and i haven’t even thought about what i’m getting anyone else either. christmas shopping is so much more fun in theory. sigh… :)

kate December 9, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Theres a Chateau in Chelmsford too. My parents love it, I wonder if its the same owners!

Lacey @ Lake Life December 9, 2010 at 6:57 pm

So glad you got your Christmas wish :-) That lunch looks awesome!

Mauimandy@The Grains of Paradise December 9, 2010 at 8:56 pm

We are planning on going back to Tahiti this year (in May ) so we are holding off on Christmas and Birthday presents once again ( We always do this…..exotic plane tickets for 2 are always the best presents anyway! )

Grace December 9, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I love using Nuval, it’s so helpful when trying to decide between two different brands as well as reminding me whats more nutritious. I go to Big Y and most of the items have a NuVal score attached but I find myself getting frustrated when there is none (because I really want to know). Also, it’s been a great way to help explain to my boyfriend the types of food he should be investing in without getting too technical. Thanks Tina!

Jennifer (Savor) December 10, 2010 at 6:51 am

Go NuVal – here is to continued success!

Julia December 15, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I am a new fan of Nuval! Just spent an hour in BigY looking at all the values for food when I was there to buy one apple. I think it is great! I love that it shows common “low” calorie or 100 calorie pack foods are not as healthy as people think. It’s great to have a genuine program that is based on the nutrition as a whole not calorie counting or a fad diet!