• All I Want For Christmas

December 8, 2010

Mid-morning, I drove to NuVal for the annual “state of the union” meeting, which happen to have a little holiday flair thrown into the mix.

If you’re wondering, I still work for NuVal. I just do the majority of my work from home. I blog Monday through Friday at Trading Up Downtown and manage NuVal’s Twitter accounts (@NuVal & @TinaTradesUp), so my boss lets me work from home.

I actually prefer to work from home, but I definitely miss my coworkers. It was nice to see everyone today and catch up. I might have to visit the office a little more often!

When I arrived at NuVal, everyone gathered in the conference room to hear the head of the company give a presentation, which summarized NuVal’s successes over the past year as well its goals for the coming years.

Since this time last year, NuVal has expanded from 3 retailers to 14 retailers!!  NuVal is on the move, baby! (FYI: There are only 11 retailers listed on the NuVal website, but there are more to come!)

After the presentation, we enjoyed lunch from the The Chateau in Braintree. Holy yum! Good pick by our Office Manager!

I loaded up my plate with mostly veggies (raw, marinated & roasted), a little bit of meat (Italian sausage & meatballs), and a piece of buttery garlic bread.

As always, I left plenty of room for dessert! 😉

We also received Christmas presents at the meeting. In Boston, ya can’t go wrong with Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards! 😀

Once the lunch ended, I headed home to find a special package on my front porch: Mama Pea’s Holiday Dough Balls. Yes, you read that correctly. I have the authentic Dough Balls in my possession.

This is truly all I wanted for Christmas. For real. My in-laws recently asked me for a Christmas list, and I could not come up with a single thing that I wanted. Ok, well, I wanted Dough Balls and cold hard cash, but nothing else. I eventually came up with a hand blender that I saw on Ellen! 😉

Feel Great Weight

My sleep schedule has been so messed up lately. I finally made the connection between sleep and what I chose to eat: Why a Lack of Sleep Is Ruining My Diet.

What’s on your Christmas list this year?

Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 8, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Ahhh SO JEALOUS! I’m dying for those dough balls!

Alaina December 9, 2010 at 12:14 am

I really want a garmin forerunner, cold-weather running gear and a food processor. :-)

meemsnyc December 9, 2010 at 1:30 am

That lunch does look good, especially the desserts!

Mads December 9, 2010 at 2:03 am

Mama Pea’s Dough Balls are exploding on the internet! Why don’t I know who this Mama Pea person is?!?
    I really need to get on it and start whippin up a batch of dough balls.

Dana Haidan December 9, 2010 at 6:20 am

Hi Tina,

I can’t express enough how much you inspire me. Your blog broke the vicious cycle of yoyo dieting i was trapped in for years. Thanks to your blog, i finally learned for once and all how to balance between my workout routine and eating habits without making my weight loss goal to take over my life and feel like a burden. You taught me how to live healthy and enjoy life, and i can’t thank you enough for that.

jen December 9, 2010 at 7:06 am

NuVal is at Meijer and I love it!

Yummmm. Balls.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 9, 2010 at 8:38 am

So jealous of the authentic dough balls! 😀 I’ve been wanting to make these, but I’m sure mine wouldn’t taste anywhere near as good as Mama Pea’s!

I’m asking for some Lululemon clothes and a Garmin 305!

Heather December 9, 2010 at 10:58 am

Oh those goodies look super tasty! But what’s with that hideous tablecloth???? GO BEARS 😉

Angela (the diet book junkie) December 9, 2010 at 12:15 pm

oh yeah, dough balls are now on the list, other than that i have absolutely no idea. and i haven’t even thought about what i’m getting anyone else either. christmas shopping is so much more fun in theory. sigh… :)

kate December 9, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Theres a Chateau in Chelmsford too. My parents love it, I wonder if its the same owners!

Lacey @ Lake Life December 9, 2010 at 6:57 pm

So glad you got your Christmas wish :-) That lunch looks awesome!

Mauimandy@The Grains of Paradise December 9, 2010 at 8:56 pm

We are planning on going back to Tahiti this year (in May ) so we are holding off on Christmas and Birthday presents once again ( We always do this…..exotic plane tickets for 2 are always the best presents anyway! )

Grace December 9, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I love using Nuval, it’s so helpful when trying to decide between two different brands as well as reminding me whats more nutritious. I go to Big Y and most of the items have a NuVal score attached but I find myself getting frustrated when there is none (because I really want to know). Also, it’s been a great way to help explain to my boyfriend the types of food he should be investing in without getting too technical. Thanks Tina!

Jennifer (Savor) December 10, 2010 at 6:51 am

Go NuVal – here is to continued success!

Julia December 15, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I am a new fan of Nuval! Just spent an hour in BigY looking at all the values for food when I was there to buy one apple. I think it is great! I love that it shows common “low” calorie or 100 calorie pack foods are not as healthy as people think. It’s great to have a genuine program that is based on the nutrition as a whole not calorie counting or a fad diet!