• Hair Help

November 19, 2010

Wahoo! It’s Friday!! 😎

Mal and I have a date night planned for this evening, so last night was the final sandwich of Sandwich Week. I hope you enjoyed all of the recipes! I know some of them will definitely become favorites in our house. If you missed any of the sandwiches, here they are:

Next week, I’ll feature a new cookbook as part of my Cookbook Challenge. I’m actually sort of excited about it. But, I guess that was the point of the Challenge, right? 😉

I never realized how much I like muesli! It’s like rolled oats, but BETTER! 😀

There was a little bit of Greek yogurt left after yesterday’s lunch, so I turned it into overnight oats. In the mix: Greek yogurt, oats, Ambrosial muesli, soy milk, and a scoop of peanut butter.

As always, I enjoyed a glass of iced coffee with breakfast.

I’m finally geting my hair cut today!!! It’s been a long time coming. Have you seen how long it’s gotten?! It’s actually kind of ratty at the ends and I want a change, so I’m thinking about cutting it shorter. Right now, my hair goes down to the middle of my back, but I think a shoulder-length cut would look more stylish and put-together.

I’m also debating getting bangs– either “real” bangs, like Mandy Moore’s (below), or long, side-swept bangs, like Ashley Greene’s.

Or maybe no bangs at all, like Kelly Ripa’s hair?

I need help. What should I do with my hair?!

P.S. I’m hosting a giveaway for 5 flu shot gift cards (worth $29.95 each, redeemable at any CVS/pharmacy). If you’d like to enter, click over to this post.

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston November 19, 2010 at 9:59 am

I think you would look great with Mandy Moore’s look!

Ash November 19, 2010 at 10:02 am

Dang I like all of them! I know that’s not helpful at all haha. I like Mandy Moore’s and Ashley Green’s the best though.

Beth @ DiningAndDishing November 19, 2010 at 10:05 am

I’m a huge fan of bangs! I love Mandy Moore’s bangs in the picture above – side swept but still short enough to look like real bangs. Can’t wait to see the results! :)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) November 19, 2010 at 10:14 am

I could see bangs on you for sure! I would do the side swept style!

Katy (The Singing Runner) November 19, 2010 at 10:15 am

I like the long swept bangs. :) I think they would look great on you! :)

Sarah November 19, 2010 at 10:23 am

I love Ashley Greene’s look, but I have found I am always disappointed when I go in with a picture. Lately I have just trusted my stylist and it has looked great. I will be honest, this is only the second stylist I have been able to trust like that, the first being a friend.

I can’t wait to see pictures of your new cut! And, have a great date night!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic November 19, 2010 at 10:24 am

Hey Tina, you have beautiful hair! I would advise to get bangs (like Mandy Moore’s) – I have bangs myself and am very committed/attached to them!! I have to say though, that they do require a bit of maintenance so you might want to keep that in consideration. But, I still LOVE bangs and I think you should try having ’em too!

Kristy@shortordermama November 19, 2010 at 10:25 am

I like the longer side-swept bang. I’ve had some version of all three cuts you’ve got posted at one point or another. Right now, I have no bangs and I feel like there’s no “shape” to my hair…it’s gotten so long and I’m feeling sorta Marsha Brady-ish (clearly time for a cut myself!). I’ve done the shorter bang and it annoyed me when I was working out…you have to pin it back and when it’s super short like that, the bangs like to pop out of headbands, pins, etc. Just a few extra inches on the bangs make all the difference in the world in that department!

Wendy November 19, 2010 at 10:31 am

no Kelly ripa do!

Kelly November 19, 2010 at 10:36 am

Shanna @ shannalikebanana.wordpress.com November 19, 2010 at 10:38 am

Side swept or the Mandy Moor style (hers aren’t super in your face either!)

How fun =)

Tab - Just Weighing In November 19, 2010 at 10:41 am

I vote for long bangs – love Ashley Green’s hair

Kelsey Geist November 19, 2010 at 10:54 am

I love the Ashley Green look!
    So cute!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite November 19, 2010 at 10:58 am

I struggle with the same debate! I want the Ashley Greene look, but am worried I won’t be able to make it look good on my own. I have been thinking about going big and getting it done at Bumble & Bumble to ensure a good cut.

Jess @atasteofconfidence November 19, 2010 at 11:05 am

I think I like some kind of bangs- either Mandy or Ashley:)

Janna November 19, 2010 at 11:20 am

Mandy Moore’s aren’t super fringe-y. They’re side swept a bit too – I think side swept bangs would be super pretty on you!

Lisa November 19, 2010 at 11:34 am

I vote for either of the “bangs” options – don’t see a huge difference between the two – but the look is so much softer than Kelly Ripa’s. My two cents.

Tara November 19, 2010 at 11:36 am

I took a picture of Ashley Greene to the salon for my hair and it turned out AMAZZZZINNG – I would DEFINITELY recommend Ashley’s!

Natalia - a side of simple November 19, 2010 at 11:37 am

I’ve always been a fan of Mandy Moore’s look. I always forget how much I love mueslie, too! Have a great Friday :)

jessica November 19, 2010 at 11:43 am

couldn’t find your email, but saw this earlier today and it made me think of you… http://blackandwtf.tumblr.com/post/1582962367/february-1955-lena-horne-feeds-her-pug-named

Tracey November 19, 2010 at 11:45 am

I like both Mandy and Ashley’s hair. If I could pull of the bang look I would do it. Unfortunately I have a cowlick that ends up making bangs stick straight up. Not a good look.

I think you would look good with either Mandy or Ashley’s hair.

Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! November 19, 2010 at 11:45 am

I love the side-sweep bangs look, especially with dark hair. I think you’d look great with the Mandy/Ashley look!

Katherine November 19, 2010 at 11:48 am

I love side swept bangs and have had them for years!

Amy November 19, 2010 at 11:50 am

I actually just got my hair cut this morning too with a bang similar to Mandy’s, after having the Ashley look. My problem with the Ashley look is that it looks funny if you wear your hair back if that makes sense? There was just a whole lotta hair in my face… I had my stylist blend my bangs, so now I’ll be able to wear it back without it looking off!

Can’t wait to see your new do!

Leah @ Why Deprive? November 19, 2010 at 11:51 am

I think bangs would look really good. And if you get sick of them you can always pin them back.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers November 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I’m not sure that the first 2 pictures are any different….but I like mandy moore’s :)

Dorothy November 19, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Mandy Moore’s hair is so cute & would be perfect for you.
    I have similar bangs and love them!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 19, 2010 at 12:32 pm

i think everyone should get “real” bangs at least once! i did that for a movie role and it didn’t look so great but i don’t regret it – at least my curiosity is satisfied!

hope you’re feeling better, tina!

jen November 19, 2010 at 12:34 pm

no bangs!!!

Ali (food, fitness, fashion) November 19, 2010 at 12:34 pm

After having bangs for 5 years and finally growing them out- I will say I am kind of “over” bangs. I vote for the no bangs.

alanna November 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I seem to be totally out-voted, but I think that the Kelly Ripa style would look way better on your face than the other two. The cut that Ripa is sporting in the pic you selected above is so soft and flattering. The layers around her face are really light. You seem to have think, heavy hair and the other two cuts seem too blunt for you. I’m afraid they’ll overpower your face.

corinne November 19, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I think Ashley Greene’s hair/bangs would look stunning on you!! Cant wait to see which you choose!

Lindsay November 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Mandy Moore!

Dee November 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I think Kelly’s cut would be rockin’ on you!

ps. I hope you’re feeling better. :)

Elisabeth November 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I really like Mandy’s hair in that picture!

the blissful baker November 19, 2010 at 3:26 pm

i’m excited to see your new hair style!

Alyssa November 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I think def Mandy Moore’s or Ashely Greene’s look. I love bangs!

Angela (the diet book junkie) November 19, 2010 at 6:09 pm

all those women are gorgeous, but Ashley might have my vote :)

Hannah November 19, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I love muesli and granola with yoghurt too, though here in Australia we don’t have the same variety on offer in stores. Which is fine, because it means I make it myself… whch means I get to pu tlots of chocoalte in the mix 😉 Can’t wait to see what you did with your hair!