• Going Solo

November 8, 2010

My last day in San Francisco is bittersweet. I love this city (and, of course, wine country), but I really miss my husband and my pug (who now has a doggie ear infection :-( ). I’m not one to get homesick, but, for some reason, I’m seriously missing home this time.

My flight back to Beantown is early tomorrow morning, so I’ll be home with M & m before I know it. I knew that I didn’t have much more time in San Francisco, so I took advantage of today the best that I could.

_MG_2179.JPG

_MG_2172.JPG

_MG_2092.JPG

_MG_2090.JPG _MG_2183.JPG

As soon as I checked into my hotel for the night, I headed straight to my favorite place in all of San Francisco: the Ferry Building! :mrgreen:

_MG_2084.JPG

_MG_2096.JPG

My first stop was Blue Bottle Coffee. I fell in love with their coffee at last year’s Foodbuzz Festival, so I couldn’t leave San Francisco without getting my fix!

_MG_2100.JPG

_MG_2102.JPG

I ordered my Blue Bottle Coffee iced this morning. As expected, it was full-bodied, creamy, and eye-opening! 8-O Just the way I like my iced coffee! ;-)

_MG_2111.JPG

With coffee in hand, I wandered around the Ferry Building for a good hour, windowing shopping and day dreaming. I felt totally at ease taking my time perusing the shops, snapping photos, and doing my own thing.

_MG_2162.JPG

_MG_2191.JPG

_MG_2115.JPG

_MG_2116.JPG _MG_2117.JPG

_MG_2120.JPG

When I get home, I need to deal with moving madness, so I made sure to really enjoy my downtime today. It felt great to relax and recharge by myself.

_MG_2124.JPG

_MG_2122.JPG _MG_2131.JPG

_MG_2167.JPG

_MG_2123.JPG

_MG_2129.JPG

_MG_2156.JPG

Eventually, I got hungry for lunch, so I grabbed a cheese sandwich from Acme Bread Company.

_MG_2134.JPG

The sandwich was made with Mt. Tam cheese, sweet fruit jam, arugula, and black pepper. It was quite delicious, but there wasn’t nearly enough jam or cheese for my liking. I felt like I was just eating bread, not a whole sandwich. (I later bought a chocolate chip cookie, but I never snapped a photo.)

_MG_2155.JPG

I wandered around the city for another couple of hours before grabbing a salad + sourdough for dinner. I brought it back to my hotel room and ate it while watching TV in my PJ’s. (I know. I’m crazy.)

_MG_2195.JPG

Now, I’m blogging in bed with a glass of Chardonnay and some Ghirardelli almond chocolate. Even though I miss my family, wine + chocolate seems to help. ;-)

_MG_2196.JPG

I’m hitting the hay soon. My alarm is set for 5:30 AM.

See ya from the East coast! 8-)

Carrie (Love Healthy Living) November 9, 2010 at 11:47 am

Lovely photos Tina. I was hanging out at the Ferry building yesterday too, it’s so amazing. I was too shy to introduce myself to you this weekend but hopefully I’ll catch you next year. :)

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) November 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I hope Murphy feels better soon!

Mads November 9, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Your pictures are making me crave a trip to San Fran. I’ve never been, but it looks amazing!

I hear ya on getting homesick though…nothing like the love from your hubby and puggy. :)

Lindsey November 9, 2010 at 1:29 pm

You are definitely not crazy because food, wine, and chocolate in your pjs is exactly what I would be doing after an exhilarating weekend. Safe travels!

Nicole@bodybybeer November 9, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Poor puppy… did Mal try to get some pics of trying to give ear meds/ swabs to poor pup?

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 9, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Sounds like a perfect relaxing day…definitely need those every once in a while!

Lacey @ Lake Life November 9, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Dinner in bed is awesome :-)

P.S. I LOVE the seagull photo!

Cati @ crave and create November 9, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Sometimes those hours spent wandering and reflecting are the best part of a trip for me. I hope you left feeling recharged. Your photography in this post is beautiful!

Susan November 9, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I do love the Ferry building. I especially love the farmer’s market that they have there on Saturdays (and Thursdays? I know one other day of the week). Whenever I fly out there for business, I always try to include a Saturday morning on one end of the trip (usually on the way back), so I can get some great fresh food!

Pure2Raw Twins November 9, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Hope Murphy feels better! Glad you made it back home safely. It was wonderful to meet you. You are just as wonderful in person as on your blog! I cannot wait to hang with you again.
    ~
    Michelle

Tiffany November 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Hi, Tina! I just started reading your blog, and I am enjoying it immensely. I, too, have a pug (Flora), and she just got over an ear infection as well… Hope Murphy is back to his healthy, mischievous (I assume he’s a little naughty–aren’t all pugs? :)) self!

Bradwell November 29, 2010 at 6:38 am