• We Love Cheese

September 21, 2010

Hi, there! I just got back from enjoying a wonderful dinner with my mom and sister atย my mom’s new home!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I snapped a couple of photos of her new place, but I’ll give you the full tour once my mom is completely settled. Here’s the dining room and part of the living room, which I am standing in as I take the photo.

Hi, Mom! ๐Ÿ˜€

The reason for our get-together tonight was, of course, to see my mom’s new home, but also to celebrate my sister’s birthday. She’s 29 now! What an old lady! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The star of our dinner this evening was cheese! But, not just any cheese: stinky Raclette cheese!! When it comes to cheese, my thinking is the stinker, the better! :mrgreen:

With our cheese, we had sliced French bread.

As well as steamed broccoli and red potatoes.

We had fun catching up and cooking dinner together in my mom’s new kitchen. It has so much more counter space than her old one! She’s happy!

Once the potatoes and broccoli finished cooking, it was time for the cheese!

_MG_8262.JPG _MG_8266.JPG

Cheese! :mrgreen:

And, if cheesy goodness wasn’t enough, we also enjoyed Caramel Turtle Cake for dessert.

Happy birthday, Sister!!! :mrgreen:

The three of us definitely have a shared love for cheese and dessert.

We finished off the cake, no problem! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I forgot to post my workout from earlier today, so here it is!

Track Workout 1

2 lap warm up, 6 X’s 400M, 2 lap warm down, 1 lap rest
    Pace based off of 5k race time

• 0.50 miles @ 6.5 mph (9:30 pace)
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.1 mph (8:30 pace)
    • 0.25 miles @ 6.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.3 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 6.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 6.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.1 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 6.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.3 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 6.5 mph
    • 0.25 miles @ 7.5 mph
    • 0.10 mile @ 4.5 mph (I needed to catch my breath!)
    • 0.40 miles @ 6.5 mph

Total: 3.75 miles in 33:53

I finished Track Workout 1 a whole 2 minutes faster than theย last time I did it! Holy cow!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Where did that speed come from!?!

I’m heading straight to bed. Good night!!

Kellie @ guiltless delicious bliss September 21, 2010 at 10:16 pm

That cake looks amazing, I’ve never tried stinky cheeses before, but I’m going to have to look into trying it out :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite September 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm

What a perfect dinner! Have a great night Tina!

The Peanut Butter Addict September 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Cheese + broccoli = so delicious! I like everything about this meal ๐Ÿ˜€ especially the cake at the end.

Chelsea September 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm

That cake looks to die for. Your mom’s new place looks adorable, as well! Glad you had a good evening with them!

Kati @ Living Well September 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm

It’s always exciting to see a faster run time! And it makes eating turtle cake more enjoyable ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rachel @ tamingthetart September 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Ooh, what is that exciting cheese-melting contraption?!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans September 21, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Isn’t it amazing when you see your hard work paying off? Congrats speedy girl and happy birthday to your sister!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 21, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Good work on your speed workout!! You are super fast!

I love cheese, but I am not so much of a fan of smelly cheeses. Though I do love flavorful cheeses like feta and parmesan. Cheese is one of the main reasons why I could never be vegan :)

Jenny @ thelittlejogger September 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Happy birthday to your sis! That cheese looks amazing- did you ever a raclette dinner when you were in Paris? My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 21, 2010 at 10:31 pm

What a cute bday celebration! I’m glad your mom likes her new kitchen. It looks very nice.

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm

omg. cheese. love!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm

You and your sis are not far apart in age! Looks like a cozy family night :)

Manon September 21, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I’m slobbering……I loooooooooove cheese, and agree, the stinkier the better!

Cynthia (It All Changes) September 21, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Happy Birthday Sis!

Everytime you post a picture of that cheese and the cheese maker thing I go back to my time in switzerland where it was dinner at least 3 times. Delicious!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 21, 2010 at 10:46 pm

oooh how wonderful! I am yet to find decent raclette in Australia (well raclette that is in my price range anyway). Mr BBB and I gorged ourselves on it when we were in Europe!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 21, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Cheese and dessert.. can’t go wrong there!

Amy September 21, 2010 at 10:59 pm

That cheese and bread looks delicious!!!

Hannah September 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Can I be adopted by your mum too? I want stinky cheese and chocolate caramel cake!!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Yay for your mom’s new home!! Looks like you girls had a fabulous time together :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) September 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm

congrats to your mom on her new home and also to your sister!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) September 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Happy Birthday to your Sister and congrats to your Mom on her new home!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Amanda@thegrainsofparadise September 21, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Ahhh 29. I think that’s the shortest year of a women’s life.LOL! Aloha

Shelly September 21, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I love Raclette! I’d pick it over fondue any time!

Julie @SavvyEats September 21, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I had raclette like that when I went to France in high school. LOVED it, but haven’t seen the mini griddles for it anywhere around here, so I haven’t been able to recreate it!

stacey-healthylife September 21, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Look at that melty cheese and you even have the right gadget for it.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 21, 2010 at 11:54 pm

I guess Mal’s speed is rubbing off on you! :)

Michelle B September 22, 2010 at 12:04 am

YUM. One of these days, I will try raclette.

B September 22, 2010 at 12:09 am

Rock on, speed demon!

Katherine September 22, 2010 at 12:10 am

I love cheese! I have 5 varieties in my fridge right now!

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life September 22, 2010 at 12:22 am

Yay for cheese! I have a whole shelf in my refrigerator dedicated to cheese. Sometimes I wonder how I was every vegan for 4 years!

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life September 22, 2010 at 12:23 am

@Rachel @ tamingthetart: yes, I’m curious too…

Michelle (The Runner's Plate) September 22, 2010 at 12:33 am

I’m not a huge fan of stinky cheese, but I’ll take a piece of the cake! I really enjoy track workouts!

The Wife of a Dairyman September 22, 2010 at 1:23 am

I LOVE cheese! The other day for lunch, I treated myself to Old World Portuguese Cheese and french bread. I can’t do that very often but it sure was nice to enjoy such a treat:) You and your sis look alike. And your mom’s new place looks very cozy:)

Helene - Happy @ Thirty September 22, 2010 at 2:00 am

Oh My, I love Raclette. I’m French so I know what I’m talking about. When I go back home, you can be sure we eat one (apart when I go back at summer time). Ive brought my machine to England but never amde one here as I cant find the proper raclette cheese :-(

jassy September 22, 2010 at 5:00 am

those cheese look delicious!!! i’m gonna eat bread with melted cheese later! :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet September 22, 2010 at 5:45 am

i want that cake!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 22, 2010 at 6:32 am

I’m a huge cheese lover too!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 22, 2010 at 7:21 am

Happy birthday to your sister!!!

Tina September 22, 2010 at 7:27 am

@Rachel @ tamingthetart: A Raclette machine.

Di September 22, 2010 at 8:01 am

What a great dinner! And cake is always a plus. :) Congrats on the speedier run!

Brianne September 22, 2010 at 8:36 am

I love cheese too! What is that thing you melt the cheese on?

Claire C September 22, 2010 at 10:59 am

I love how your Mom’s place is so cheerful.Maybe it’s because the 3 of you are together:-)cc

Beccy September 22, 2010 at 11:13 am

In Germany (where I am from), raclette is traditionally eaten over boiled potatoes. It’s really good!! You should try it.

Lisa September 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm

That looks like an awesome dinner to me! I love cheese.

Sana September 22, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Happy b-day to your sister!!!

When I was in Switzerland this past summer I SMELLED like cheese no matter how much I showered! Good thing I love it!

Cheese Fan September 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Cheese is the best thing in the world! Great post :-)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm

I need to find that kind of cheese. We love stinky cheese in this house!!

Happy birthday to your sis.

tabs September 22, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Okay, I love cheese but regret to admit that I haven’t heard of this one before. OR seen the cheese melting machine thingy that you were using. That looks amazingly fun and I am going to have to find out where I can get one…as soon as you tell me what it is. :)

shelly@campinggirlchronicals September 30, 2010 at 6:24 pm

i love rachlette!

kelsey @une-americaine in france October 17, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I went to a raclette party in Belgium last night! I had raclette my first time in France and have dreamed about it since. You can ready about my meal last night here! http://uneamericaineinfrance.blogspot.com/2010/10/let-me-introduce-you-to-what-you-didnt.html

I’m so glad I’m not the only American who knows about this delicious meal! – kelsey