• Blogger Dinner at Audubon Circle

September 9, 2010

I’m lucky to live in a city like Boston where there’s a fabulous food blogger scene. I feel like there’s always an event or get-together for us foodies on practically any given night of the week.

Tonight, I enjoyed a lovely dinner with a group of food bloggers at Audubon Circle in the Fenway area. I’ve probably driven (and walked) by Audubon Circle hundreds of times over the years, but I’ve never thought to stop in. It’s literally steps from the T and not more than a 5-minute walk from Fenway Park, but it’s just enough off the beaten path, that’s it’s never at the top of my mind. But, this will likely change in the future! 😉

Audubon Circle is owned by the same restaurant group as Cambridge 1, Miracle of Science, Middlesex, and Tory Row (remember my dinner there last week?) Jayne, the company’s Events and Communications Manager, reached out and invited a group of us bloggers to dinner at Audubon Circle this evening.

Audubon Circle is a really cool place. It’s decor and atmosphere reminds me of Tory Row.

IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

But, Audubon Circle has a sweet patio out back! :mrgreen:

Dinner started with a round of drinks. I ordered a glass of Chardonnay from Napa.

Then, we tried practically one of everything from the menu! No joke. We shared at least 20 different plates among the table. Here’s just a sampling:

artisanal cheese selection with seasonal jam

white bean purée with grilled bread

Pam and Elina in action! 😀

beef shin quesadilla

“Food… lots of food.”

grilled scallops with creamed corn

asian potsticker box

mussels with garlic, spicy tomato, and grilled bread

watermelon, feta, micro greens, sherry vinaigrette

pressed turkey sandwich with bacon, swiss, and asian slaw

local heirloom tomato napoleon with fresh mozzarella and basil

pappardelle bolognese with pecorino romano and garlic toast

chevre cheese cake with oreo crumb

Highlights of the evening for me were the New England crab cakes with chipotle aioli (not pictured) and the white bean purée with grilled bread. Both were excellent.

Some of the bloggers left before we remembered to snap a photo of the group, so here’s the remaining crew (l-r): Athena, Elina, Jayne, Liz, and me.

All in all, it was a great meal with wonderful company. I must say, however, I’m a bigger fan of Tory Row– that Bacon Flatbread and those salads… and the beer list… holy amazing! I want to go back!

Good night, folks!

Jennifer(Savor) September 9, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Dang it, I need to move closer. Somehow one state over is too far with BOS traffic. Think I need to sleep with someone at Amtrak. Whoops, did I ‘say’ that outloud?

Leianna September 9, 2010 at 10:31 pm

What a fun evening, I wish I lived in a city, PERIOD. I live in dull Iowa where restaurants are steakhouses and holes in the walls!

amy September 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I love Audubon. I happen to try it accidentally one day in the summer but it’s so good. I am also a huge fan of Cambridge 1. If you haven’t tried Cambridge 1 yet, it’s awesome :)

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston September 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Looks so fun! Boston is definitely one of my “it” cities to visit! JetBlue is actually having some awesome end of summer sales and I noticed Boston on it a lot — JetBlue must like you! (They don’t like Cleveland, boo).

holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I love the looks of all that grilled bread — delicious!

Restaurants with outdoor patios are the best — especially this time of year when it is nice and cool in the evening.

Estela @ Weekly Bite September 9, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Oh my!! That’s quite a dinner!! Looks delicious!

Shannon September 9, 2010 at 10:42 pm

The watermelon salad looks amazing! I had one just like it when I was in Boston last summer for the festival in the north end! I crave that and the chocolate ravoli from Boston…. simply AMAZING :)

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 9, 2010 at 10:42 pm

It looks like you had such a fun evening! :) And the food looks amazing. Especially dessert! YUM!

M September 9, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hi Tina!

Any chance you could have your newest post not be one you have to click to read more….could you have it like Kath’s blog,where the newest post is on the page fully,but the rest of archived posts are clicks?
    I would be so grateful for that!
    Thanks for reading this,all the best.

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 9, 2010 at 10:45 pm

what a fun night! seriously i started drooling more and more at each dish…yum!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 9, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I’d be most interested to try the watermelon and feta salad. I love the mix of those two.

Tina September 9, 2010 at 10:50 pm

@M: No, sorry. I like the new layout.

Georgia September 9, 2010 at 10:52 pm

You make me want to move to Boston!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 9, 2010 at 10:57 pm

my oh my – it all looks so wonderful!

Kim @ Simply Starving September 9, 2010 at 10:59 pm

This looks awesome! Never been to Boston, but I am certain I would love it! My only big hurdle would be all the fabulous restaurants! I’m not sure my thighs, stomach, toosh, etc., could take living there! 😉

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 9, 2010 at 11:00 pm

All the food looks so good! I especially would want to try that watermelon plate!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 9, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Mmmm! That white bean puree is calling my name. I wish I could dine with you in Boston.

Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 9, 2010 at 11:01 pm

The watermelon and feta salad looks delish. Actually everything looks great! This makes me want to go out for dinner this weekend hehe

renee September 9, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I’m new to the whole blogging world and I’m curious as to how you meet/find other bloggers in your area! Sounds like so much fun! :)

Brian @ A Thought For Food September 9, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Looks like a truly fantastic meal! And great company indeed!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 9, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Wow that place sounds incredible!!!

Wei-Wei September 9, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Food, GLORIOUS food! I have a love/hate relationship food-overload posts like these. I love it cos, well, it’s FOOD, but I hate it because I can’t concentrate on one single course. 😛

Sana September 9, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Ohhhh that garlic toast with cheese looked so awesome!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) September 9, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I love how wonderful the Boston blogger&food community is and reading about it! Love the color of your shirt 😉

Jessica@tastyandtrim September 10, 2010 at 12:05 am

Everything looks delicious and the presentation is amazing! I’d love to get my hands on that cheesecake with oreo crumb :)

The Wife of a Dairyman September 10, 2010 at 12:08 am

What a great night and some fantastic looking food! I just had a post about Spring Hill Old World Portuguese cheese….have you ever tried it? It’s a hard, table cheese with a nutty flavor….SO good!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 10, 2010 at 12:25 am

I’m only about 3 hours from Boston, I need to come up there for a blog get-together; the food looks AMAZING!! Wow! 😯 I love the variety, excellent choices!

Hannah September 10, 2010 at 12:35 am

There’s only one thing that could possibly be prettier than that watermelon salad – and that’s the oreo cheesecake. Oh, and you, of course 😉

Amber K September 10, 2010 at 12:51 am

So lucky to live in such a cool place filled with fun bloggers! Looks like a really fun time.

Miho September 10, 2010 at 12:52 am

The food looks sooo good! Boston would be a cool place to visit, especially for foodies!! 😀

I wanted to tell you that I gave you an award, so please (if you have time, of course) come check it out. Thank you! I love reading your blog everyday!

Katherine September 10, 2010 at 2:24 am

aww blocks from my old fenway apartment. Love seeing my old hood!

Lauren September 10, 2010 at 6:13 am

Wow – what a great spread of food! I live about 5 minutes from Audubon Circle, and have only gone once. I think I’ll need to go again soon! Wish I had known about this blogger get-together… would have loved to join you all :).

Lizzy September 10, 2010 at 6:19 am

Tina! Great post! It was so nice to meet you- lets definitely plan a run soon : )

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 10, 2010 at 6:31 am

That looks like SUCH a great dinner!

Lauren September 10, 2010 at 6:57 am

What a fantastic night! The crab cakes sound out of this world!!!

stacey-healthylife September 10, 2010 at 7:16 am

Wow that’s a lot of food. It all looked really good. Love the display on the potstickers.

whitney September 10, 2010 at 8:06 am

I have never been to Boston nor had the urge to go but ever since reading your blog I want to visit

Elina (Healthy and Sane) September 10, 2010 at 8:11 am

Good recap – there was so much good food :) And now I’m thinking about running long distance again. Great. lol

A Boston Food Diary September 10, 2010 at 8:53 am

Audubon is one of my favorites for a great casual meal! So glad you ladies had a good time!

Alaina @ Jogging Concierge September 10, 2010 at 8:54 am

I love Boston <3

Looks like a great restaurant to check out!

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) September 10, 2010 at 9:02 am

That sounds like so much fun! All of that food looks delicious! I can just picture a whole table of food bloggers and the amount of photos being taken, hehe! I wish I lived in Boston where I can meet yall!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 10, 2010 at 9:10 am

I keep on seeing watermelon paired with feta in salads but I’ve never tried it. It sounds like a really interesting combination!

Michelle September 10, 2010 at 9:20 am

It looks like a fantastic event – I was sorry to have missed it!

Lauren @ Running Examiner September 10, 2010 at 9:40 am

Watermelon and feta salad is one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations. Especially when you throw in some mint and a squeeze of lime juice! :)

Looks like a great night. I have SO many restaurants on my list to visit next time I’m in Boston.

The Healthy Apple September 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm

This was one of my favorites spots in college; I lived right across the street!!

Lisa September 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm

The food looks excellent. I love the outdoor patio too. Those are the best!