• BeaverDash 5K

September 18, 2010

Happy Saturday! :-D

I just got back from running the BeaverDash 5K with Chandra and a bunch of her friends. I’m crazy and decided to do it late last night while I was in a drunken stuper! :lol:

IMG_0287.JPG

Chandra was definitely more energetic than me this morning!

IMG_0286.JPG

The race route went through the scenic (and adorable) residential area Beaverdale and finished in the downtown area. The route was nice and flat, so I thought I might be able to break a PR, but my wine hangover got in the way of that goal. :-? I finished in 26:30, which isn’t a bad time, but it wasn’t pretty. I felt terrible and gross, but I learned my lesson!

IMG_0285.JPG

After the race, we headed to breakfast at a nearby restaurant. I ordered eggs with bacon and toast. Eating made me feel so much better!

IMG_0292.JPG

I also did some “day drinking” after the race, but it was really tough to get down my beer. It did not agree with me. :-?

IMG_0288.JPG

Recap of yesterday coming soon!

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 18, 2010 at 2:25 pm

That beaver is TOO cute!!!
    Well done on the 5k :D Especially with a hang over!

Kim @ Simply Starving September 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

So jealous you got to run this. I grew up in Beaverdale and it seems every year since I started running I have class the morning of this 5k! Hope you had a blast! By the way – never knew they had an actual beaver mascot! Hysterical to me!!! :)

The Wife of a Dairyman September 18, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Maybe a tomato beer for the morning after might work a little better than just straight beer:) Congrats to you finishing the race after drinking wine….I don’t think I could have done it!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Dang woman…you are tough running a race with a hangover. I hope you feel better later!

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) September 18, 2010 at 2:46 pm

any race is worth it when a breakfast like that is the reward! i totally run races for the free bagels after.

steph@stephsbitebybite September 18, 2010 at 2:46 pm

You’re a champ! I don’t know if I coulda done it! Hope you’re feeling better :)

Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 18, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I’m impressed you managed to run at all with a hangover, so don’t worry about not beating a PR! Hope you’re feeling better now though.

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 18, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Awesome! Agreeing to a last minute 5k the night before is totally something I would do. Good job!

Lisa Paige September 18, 2010 at 2:59 pm

that’s awesome that you decided last min to do the 5K.
    I want eggs and bacon now. YUMMM!!

Sana September 18, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Awesome time hangover and all ;)

Nicole September 18, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Looks like you’re having a great time and that’s a great time after a night of drinking :)

Jen September 18, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I was there running this am & in the parade!!! Glad u enjoed beaverdale :)

Kati @ Living Well September 18, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I love that you decided to run a 5-K the night before :) That’s awesome! I am already getting the itch to train for something…I’m thinking post baby, next summer!

Caitlin September 18, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I can’t even run a 5k without a hangover!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I know the feeling after running at that time!! It’s not fun..but an accomplishment none the less :)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 18, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Good for you for running the race with a hangover! Don’t think I could have.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black September 18, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Good for you running hungover! But oh boy… poor you!

Brenda September 18, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Congrats on the run! Sounds amazing!
    I have been reading your blog for a few months and your posts are always so inspiring. So much so that you have inspired me to start a blog of my own!
    Just wanted to give you a huge thank you! Made my first post yesterday!

Cynthia (It All Changes) September 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Yeck sounds like wine and running don’t mix. But at least you got a great breakfast and fun experience to tell about later. Although I’m sure it doesn’t feel so fun right now.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) September 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Your hungover time would beat my normal time! :) Good for you!

Jaime September 18, 2010 at 4:59 pm

love your blog and have read it for awhile. I live in des moines and it is fun to see your recaps of some of the places i like to go to (smokey row, beaverdale, court ave brewery) Hope the rest of your trip is fun…minus the hangover!

Lizzy @ LBBakes September 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Ughh, I can’t imagine running a 5k after 4 glasses of wine. Speed and alcohol to not mix! Good for you.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 18, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Congrats on the great run Tina!

Ugh, drunk decisions are never good :)

AllieNic (Frisky Lemon) September 18, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Ha! Bacon makes EVERYTHING better!

Good job in the race! Way to rally!

Jessica@tastyandtrim September 18, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Hope you’re feeling better now! Your time was really good, 26:30 is much faster than I ran in my 5k!

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) September 18, 2010 at 5:28 pm

That sounds like such a fun race!! That beer and coffee combo does not look too good haha

Tina September 18, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Sounds like a fun day!

Heather September 18, 2010 at 6:23 pm

You’re such a trooper, I could have never run a 5K hungover!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 18, 2010 at 7:13 pm

At least you ran the race considering how you were feeling! I can’t even run that far! The beaver is too cute by the way. :)

Hannah September 18, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Wowzers! Congratulations! I guess that’s definitely a better drunk decision to have made than what other people decide to do when drunk… :P

Heather September 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm

you run faster than me hungover than I run normally lol! good job

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Go you! I can’t run even when I’m NOT drinking!

Liz September 19, 2010 at 12:34 am

Totally agree that your hangover time beats my normal time! :) Love that you tried to day drink afterwards as well. You’ve got stamina!

Maria runningcupcake September 19, 2010 at 4:11 am

Hey well done on the run- looked like fun and I love the cute beaver!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun September 19, 2010 at 9:04 am

Wow! Signing up for a 5K on a whim and still getting a decent time. Way to go Tina! :-)

Lisa September 19, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I think it’s worth doing the race just for a t-shirt with the race name on it. LOL

stacey-healthylife September 19, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Way to seize the moment.

Di September 20, 2010 at 7:43 am

You still ran the 5K faster than I would’ve without a hangover, hehe. Great job!

whitney September 20, 2010 at 7:59 am

Not always but on special occasion’s hangover’s actually help my running haha.

Good job on manning through it.

Marija September 20, 2010 at 3:16 pm

SO proud of you that you did the 5k! My plan is to do one this spring..after losing a bunch of weight, I’m still not a runner, but would like to become one! At least I’ve got plenty of time to get my booty in gear!