• Wine and Cheese Bridal Shower

August 1, 2010

My bridal shower was so, so, so amazing!! It surpassed all of my expectations and so much more! :mrgreen:

My sister, who is my maid of honor, and my mom (with the help of my godmother and grandmother) went above and beyond to make my shower a very special event. They know me so well and planned a wonderful wine and cheese tasting for my guests and me.

n1603404_34810103_4324

Before my bridal shower, I was so nervous. I hate being the center of attention, so attending an event just for me totally stressed me out. I was excited, but nearly sick to my stomach. :-?

n1603404_34810093_5726

Thankfully, my fiance gave me a pep talk and assured me that I would have a nice time.

n1603404_34810094_6018

My sister really outdid herself with my bridal shower. The event looked like it was professionally planned with the wine-themed decor, beautiful presentation, and overall attention to detail. My shower guests actually joked that my sister should go into party planning! :-D

n1603404_34810102_4060

At the shower, guests sampled three different red wines and three different white wines– all of which were selected by my sister. She labeled each of the wines with a framed image and corresponding description. Pretty fancy, huh?

n1603404_34810105_4864

n1603404_34810095_6278

The food at the shower was out of control! All of it was delicious!

n1603404_34810101_3781

There was every type of cheese imaginable at my shower. My sister said she purchased 10 different kinds!

n1603404_34810106_5142

Here’s just a sampling of the delicious eats:

Date-nut cream cheese sandwiches and peanut butter-banana sandwiches.

n1603404_34810107_5417

Goat cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes with basil.

n1603404_34810143_8949

Hawaiian chicken and pineapple skewers.

n1603404_34810144_9249

Cheese “pinwheels.”

n1603404_34810145_9557

Holy yum! :mrgreen:

n1603404_34810146_9858

For dessert, my aunt, Linda, bought an amazing cake. Gorgeous, right? The frosting on top says “Best Wishes Tina & Mal.” Inside was vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and even more frosting!

n1603404_34810148_466

The favors for the shower were wine glasses with “Mal and Tina July 12th, 2008″ engraved on them and a couple of chocolate truffles inside, which were made by two of my aunts. I looovvvveeeee these favors!

There were a couple of wine glasses left over, so Mal and I have our own set at home now! ;-)

n1603404_34810154_2299

Here’s a shot of the sea of gifts that I (nervously) opened in front of a room full of people. (I think our registry is officially empty now!)

n1603404_34810104_4600

My family.

n1603404_34810155_2618

My friends.

n1603404_34810108_5703

n1603404_34810140_8057

n1603404_34810141_8342

n1603404_34810149_770

n1603404_34810151_1379

Mal and his buddy, Jon, crashed my shower right at the end when things were wrapping up. I think they were scavenging for food! Oh, boys.

n1603404_34810150_1080

My bridal shower was amazing in every way possible. It was easily one of the best days of my life. Thanks, sister!!

Originally posted Monday, May 26, 2008

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston August 1, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Looks like a great time!! Was July 12, 2008 when you and Mal got together? I’m a newish reader and thought yall were already married :)

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 1, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Sis did a great job! It’s always fun to relive those special times isn’t it?
    Loved that she had a description of the different wines :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 1, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I am glad you are re-doing these posts since Go Daddy blows. I love re-living things like this!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 1, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Oh Tina, I’m so glad you were able to recover your wedding shower photos! Boo GoDaddy…yay CNC!

You looked stunning 2 years ago and you do now too :)

Mandy A August 1, 2010 at 11:01 pm

What great memories! You looked beautiful, as always!

Hannah August 1, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Oh, what a fun retrospective post! Has your sister ever seriously considered being a party planner? Cause I’m joining the chorus – she should! :)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life August 1, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Awww, I love looking back on old memories! I feel like I remember reading this the first time around, but loved seeing it again. :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 1, 2010 at 11:37 pm

oooh what a beautifully organised event!! LOVE IT!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 1, 2010 at 11:49 pm

I was confused for a moment when I read this but then remembered you were doing a repost of some of your favorite posts. I loved seeing this since I wasn’t a reader until after you got married. It looks like you had a wonderful shower! I loved your sister having place cards for all the wines and all the food looked delicious!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 2, 2010 at 12:26 am

What an absolutely beautiful bridal shower! I don’t like all the attention on me either, but you were a glowing bride!

Joanna August 2, 2010 at 1:17 am

Beautiful pictures as always. You are so stunning and glow-y :)

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write August 2, 2010 at 1:25 am

I had no idea you guys weren’t married! How exciting! You looked great!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write August 2, 2010 at 1:26 am

Ahh… Repost. Okay!!! I get it now. I seriously was like, WHAT?!?

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 2, 2010 at 1:52 am

wow! my bridal shower consisted of a sleepover with my best friends, where they made 7-layer dip (and it ended up on the floor!)

Jess August 2, 2010 at 3:08 am

Love love this post! I’ve only been reading your blog since September last year so it will be cool to see some of your older posts redone. :) You looked fantastic, by the way. ;) (Not that you don’t now :) )

Wei-Wei August 2, 2010 at 3:17 am

I can see the difference now between your old camera and your new DSLR… everything is so glowy! Your bridal shower seems like so much fun. (The people who think that Mal and you aren’t married yet amuse me :P)

Wei-Wei

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales August 2, 2010 at 3:53 am

What a beautiful day, you looked gorgeous!

Lynna August 2, 2010 at 6:14 am

July 12 is a GREAT day to have a wedding. My husband and I were married on July 12, 1975.

Tiffany August 2, 2010 at 6:41 am

What a simply gorgeous day! Everything looks amazing. =)

Lauren August 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

I agree with your guests! Your sister did an amazing job. Can’t wait to hear about the next party she plans…….

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

Wow she did do a great job, and look how happy you guys have been since then.

Katie August 2, 2010 at 7:49 am

The cake looks so beautiful! What a beautiful bridal shower all around!!!!!!

Love this post!!!!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries August 2, 2010 at 8:11 am

I didn’t start reading until after you were married, so this was great to see!! Thanks for sharing (again)!

Heather August 2, 2010 at 8:18 am

what a gorgeous shower! i didn’t ever see a lot of the wedding stuff from your wedding and i’m so glad that i get to now!

Janna (janna's keeping it real) August 2, 2010 at 8:21 am

Oh yay! So glad you’re re-posting these! :0) it must be fun for you, too!

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews August 2, 2010 at 8:39 am

What a nice bridal shower! For my shower, I was so nervous too because I hate everyone looking at me the whole time!

Kelly August 2, 2010 at 8:43 am

YAYY Tina, I’m so glad you got the pictures back from your bridal shower :) Maybe its a blessing because now you get to relive the whole experience haha!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 2, 2010 at 9:21 am

Nice blast from the past!! Even tough it wasnt *too* long ago, it’s still very sweet :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 2, 2010 at 9:21 am

What a beautiful shower! I never had one, I too hate being the center of attention and told my mother in law that I didn’t want a shower. She respected my wishes, but sometimes I wish she had pushed it and thrown me one anyway.

I love going back and seeing old posts by bloggers, thanks for making it easy!

Rachel August 2, 2010 at 9:39 am

Your shower was absolutely beautiful! I’m sure it will stay forever in your memories, but what wonderful pictures you have to remember it by too. Looks like you had an amazing spread of food too!!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 2, 2010 at 9:46 am

When I started reading this I was confused. Didn’t Tina already get married? But then I remembered that some of your entries got deleted and you were reposting. You look especially pretty in this pictures, must be the pre-wedding glow. I love your blue dress, very cute! :-)

Angela August 2, 2010 at 9:50 am

I was so confused when I saw this post. I thought maybe you never had a real shower and this was to make-up for it. Glad that that wasn’t the case. You looked beautiful that day. And the food looks great – it was very well done. Thanks for reposting and bring back some history!

Paige @Running Around Normal August 2, 2010 at 10:04 am

Aww, what a fun post! The set up looks amazing and your sister really outdid herself!
    You look beautiful as well – that color works excellently with your skin tone!

jassy August 2, 2010 at 10:05 am

wow…you do love wines :)

Chicago Cuisine Critique August 2, 2010 at 10:53 am

This is a great idea! I’m glad I get to relive your old posts with you since I am a fairly new reader. Looks like you had an awesome time.

Chicago Cuisine Critique August 2, 2010 at 10:53 am

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 2, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Glad you are re-entering some of the old pictures! That dress looks so beautiful on you!