• Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria

August 27, 2010

Even after enjoying a huge meal at La Luce, I woke up with a grumbling stomach the next morning. Luckily, my first meal of the day was a hearty one. I enjoyed a wonderful steak and eggs breakfast at Bull & Bear in the Waldorf Astoria.

_MG_6449.JPG

The Waldorf Astoria was gorgeous inside!

_MG_6450.JPG

I absolutely loved the color palette of the lobby parlors.

_MG_6460.JPG

_MG_6461.JPG

And the peacock rug!! I want one in my apartment! ;-)

_MG_6459.JPG

As soon as our group arrived at the Waldorf Astoria, Keith Salwoski, Director of Public Relations, greeted us and invited us into Bull & Bear for breakfast.

_MG_6466.JPG

Before the meal began, the Chef de Cuisine, David Sears, introduced himself and provided us with a brief overview of what was in store for breakfast.

_MG_6481.JPG

Handsome devil, isn’t he? ;-)

_MG_6489.JPG

We started with fresh squeezed juice.

_MG_6490.JPG

We had the choice of Carrot-Ginger, Apple-Pear, and Watermelon juices. I tried the Carrot-Ginger and Apple-Pear flavors and loved them both. The Carrot-Ginger had a slightly spicy kick and the Apple-Pear was light and refreshing.

_MG_6494.JPG

We also enjoyed an amazing selection of pastries, including house-made Monkey Bread, truffle scones, and croissants.

_MG_6501.JPG

The Honey Truffle Butter that accompanied the pastries totally knocked my socks off.

_MG_6503.JPG

I spooned a thick layer on each of the pastries that I tried.

_MG_6508.JPG

I also drank a cup of coffee with breakfast.

_MG_6506.JPG

The “main course” of the meal was a 28-day dry-aged, USDA certified, Angus prime beef Tomahawk Ribeye steak. Sounds intense, doesn’t it?

_MG_6510.JPG

Well, it was! Look at this bad boy!! 8-O

_MG_6511.JPG

_MG_6515.JPG

Along with the steak, I had some eggs.

_MG_6527.JPG

_MG_6528.JPG

And, on the side, I had a stack of mini potato pancakes.

_MG_6539.JPG

They were so soft and fluffy, but full of flavor. Delish!

_MG_6547.JPG

We finished the meal with fresh fruit, mango sorbet, and lemon sponge cake with a house-made yogurt.

_MG_6552.JPG

It was the perfect way to end such a heavy meal.

_MG_6557.JPG

My goodness was this meal impressive! I truly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Obviously, the food tasted amazing, but the staff at the Bull & Bear truly enhanced the dining experience. Everyone was incredibly friendly and accommodating.

1 post down, 4 to go! Stay tuned! :-D

Katherine August 28, 2010 at 12:30 am

that potato pancake looks delectable.

Sana August 28, 2010 at 12:31 am

Omg! What a beautiful location and a lovely meal to go with it :)

Wei-Wei August 28, 2010 at 12:31 am

What an amazing, indulgent breakfast! Can’t wait for the other posts :D

I’ve been noticing some discrepancies in Google Reader and your blog… As in, the post appears on Reader, I click on it to view it in your blog and then it says this post doesn’t exist on your blog? Strange. (I saw the chocolate post in Reader, by the way, but it’s not here anymore!)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) August 28, 2010 at 12:36 am

Breakfast of champions!!

Dee August 28, 2010 at 12:36 am

I am so intrigued by all the juices! I would have tried them all! LOL. But I’m greedy like that. ;)

Mimi August 28, 2010 at 12:40 am

I love that you had a “course” breakfast! It looks delicious… and they eye candy doesn’t hurt.

Wei-Wei August 28, 2010 at 12:42 am

Sorry – I saw the chocolate post and also Pho 88. Might want to look into that with your awesome web people! :)

Hannah August 28, 2010 at 1:25 am

Honey truffle butter and that peacock rug would be my order for the day, for sure! You look to be having a wonderful time!!

Sarah August 28, 2010 at 1:46 am

I want some monkey bread….!

Pearl Lee August 28, 2010 at 1:48 am

wow! what did the honey truffle butter taste like? it looks amazing (everything else does, too, but that one really stood out to me cause it was so pretty)!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 28, 2010 at 1:56 am

I’ve never seen such an elaborate breakfast! It looks absolutely amazing. And that chef is quite the handsome devil :) I’m definitely having a little blogger envy!! :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 28, 2010 at 2:35 am

The lightening in these photos make the food look 100x tastier – wow!!

The Wife of a Dairyman August 28, 2010 at 3:02 am

Oh wow, monkey bread and potato pancakes….both look SO good! All the food looks good but those two stand out to me right now…..although it may have something to do with just arriving home from a Sacramento River Cats game after eating ballpark food and having some beer. I shouldn’t be hungry….but I am now!

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) August 28, 2010 at 3:20 am

Wow! That place must be fancy!! I’ve never heard of a 3course+ breakfast – and a stunning looking one at that!Lukcy you..:)

Laura (Starloz) August 28, 2010 at 3:39 am

What an incredible breakfast.

amanda August 28, 2010 at 6:33 am

OMG I love monkey bread!! Also that meat looks soooo delicious!

Lauren at KeepItSweet August 28, 2010 at 7:13 am

lol that is an intense breakfast! i would have just wanted to eat monkey bread.

Barbara(Blood, Sweat and Heels) August 28, 2010 at 7:28 am

Deja Vu..I just stayed at the Waldorf but didn’t get to eat at Bull & Bear:(. Next time fo sho:)

It looks VERY yummy!!!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 28, 2010 at 7:53 am

Wow everything is so fancy and pretty.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 28, 2010 at 7:56 am

That melon is so beautiful!

Angela (ohsheglows) August 28, 2010 at 8:27 am

Wow what a breakfast!!! Everything is so beautifully presented. I could go for some carrot ginger juice now too.

Chelsey August 28, 2010 at 8:28 am

That is an INTENSE breakfast!!! :)

I love watermelon juice – it’s really good!

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 28, 2010 at 8:36 am

Holy moly Tina, that looks delicious! It looks like a ton of food though — did you each get your own big steak?

caitlin August 28, 2010 at 8:43 am

i am stuffed just reading this post!

Tina August 28, 2010 at 8:45 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a nice breakfast! What a satisfying way to start the day.

allie August 28, 2010 at 9:04 am

wow, that looks beautiful! breakfast is my favorite meal and that is breakfast done right!

Liza @ Health Nutting August 28, 2010 at 9:04 am

Wow!!! Everything looks so beautiful! I love fancy restaurants not only because the food is usually excellent but because the presentation is always gorgeous!

Lindsay August 28, 2010 at 9:32 am

Oh I love the Waldorf! When I was 15 I was in my cousin’s wedding there (I live about 40 minutes outside of the city). I loved everything about the place… for awhile I thought all weddings were like that.. haha. As I am starting to think about my own wedding, I realize that the Waldorf is top notch..and very expensive! Glad you enjoyed it!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 28, 2010 at 10:00 am

Whoa, steak for breakfast is INTENSE.

Courtney @ Bread & Bokeh August 28, 2010 at 10:55 am

That hotel is GORGEOUS!!! And the food looks so delicious too!!! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!!! Yum!!!

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) August 28, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Woahhh that was breakfast?!? What a heck of a meal. Definitely the breakfast for champions. It looks really delicious though, jealous!!

Elizabeth August 28, 2010 at 1:48 pm

This post did not show up in my Google Reader…after visiting your site, it looks like only a few of the posts over the past few days are in my Reader. Strange.

Heather August 28, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Ha, as soon as I saw the first pic of the chef I thought, “wow, he’s hot” and then I scrolled down a bit more and saw how you said he was a handsome devil. Definitely a cutie!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Wow that is one intense breakfast! I think I would have made the mistake of stuffing myself with those yummy pastries and then being too stuffed for everything else. :P

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 28, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I feel like I just ate that fabulous meal seeing all those great pictures! How beautiful!