• Red Chair Affair

August 28, 2010

Tonight, I had the pleasure of attending the 6th Annual Red Chair Affair at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre in Orlando.

The Red Chair Project is a public service designed to increase participation in the Orlando/Central Florida arts and cultural community by building awareness. As a collaborative campaign involving arts and cultural organizations from Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties, Red Chair Project is the ultimate resource for learning what to do and where to go for everything cultural. A nonprofit service, the Red Chair Project strives to increase participation by providing methods to increase ticket sales, increase arts education opportunities and promote arts and cultural philanthropy.

IMG_0025.JPG

At the event, I sampled cuisine from a number of top restaurants in Orlando

IMG_0035.JPG

Featured restaurants included: Funky Monkey, The Boheme, Norman’s, and Cala Bella– all of which are participating in Orlando’s Magical Dining Month.

IMG_0026.JPG

For dinner, I sampled a bunch of different appetizers, including crab salad.

IMG_0028.JPG

Antipasto.

IMG_0029.JPG

Cheese! Lots of cheese! :mrgreen:

IMG_0030.JPG

Crackers, pasta, and marinated artichoke hearts.

IMG_0031.JPG

I also enjoyed a pork slider, topped with onions and gorgonzola.

IMG_0034.JPG

And bruschetta on a crostini, smoked salmon, red grapes, and more cheese.

IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0038.JPG

Carol and me! :-D

IMG_0044.JPG

In addition to delicious food, I also enjoyed performances from a variety of art genres and organizations, including the Bach Festival Society, Cirque du Soleil, and the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. My favorite performance of the evening was by the SAK Comedy Lab, which is Orlando’s long-running company that does short-form improv. It was absolutely hilarious!! :lol:

IMG_0047.JPG

I have a serious blog backlog, but hopefully, I’ll be able to catch up tomorrow. Right now, BED is a priority! Good night!

Jessica@tastyandtrim August 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm

What a fantastic organization! The food looks amazing as well!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 28, 2010 at 11:19 pm

It sounds like your time in Orlando has been amazing thus far! Good food, awesome entertainment, and good weather to boot! What more can we all ask for?

Thanks for all the wonderful posts while in FL! I’ll be sure to visit some of the places when I eventually visit!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm

What a great time. Cirque de Soleil that sounds amazing. Love all the fruit and cheese.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 28, 2010 at 11:44 pm

This is so lovely to read about — I love hearing about your adventures in blogging :)

Have a great night.

Sana August 29, 2010 at 12:18 am

What a beautiful evening!

Katie August 29, 2010 at 12:20 am

I’m not sure if you’re still taking opinions on the new site, but is there any chance of getting the posts all on one screen without having to click? I love your site still, but I’ve skipped a few posts!

Caitlin August 29, 2010 at 12:34 am

Improv is the best! It’s such an incredible skill.

The Wife of a Dairyman August 29, 2010 at 12:38 am

gotta love the cheese tray:) what a fun evening!

Hannah August 29, 2010 at 12:49 am

Cheese. Heaven. I want to go to there and never leave.

Pearl Lee August 29, 2010 at 1:56 am

looked like a fabulous event!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 29, 2010 at 2:01 am

G-night! Great posts from Orlando!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 29, 2010 at 2:43 am

If I was there, you’d see me digging face-first into that crab salad. lol. Looks like a great event!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 29, 2010 at 3:22 am

love all that cheese! i recently went to a similar tasting and there wasn’t enough of that!

Dee August 29, 2010 at 3:56 am

Hi Tina!
    Your new blog looks nice! : )
    Can I give you my honest and personal opinion though?
    Having the posts as ‘click to read more’ entries doesnt work for me… I liked the fact that I could browse and look at all the pics one after the other, it felt like paging through a magazine! Now, I find that just the post heading doesnt grab me enough to open the posts one by one… The photos are what grabs the attention of the reader and makes them (us) keep going and reading on.
    *just my thoughts*

Wei-Wei August 29, 2010 at 4:29 am

Ahhh, so much cheese! This looks like such a sophisticated, fun event. Glad you’re having fun in Orlando!

jassy August 29, 2010 at 7:17 am

i really love your site’s design…what are the fonts you use? :)

it’s good that orlando has its red chair project…those cheese looks plenty–nice! :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet August 29, 2010 at 7:32 am

Another amazing looking meal, you must be having the best weekend!!

Kelly August 29, 2010 at 8:19 am

I’m definitely surprised about all the amazing food you are eating in Orlando. I think I need to go back there and see beyond Disney World overpriced food and the strip malls!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 29, 2010 at 9:03 am

That looks like so much fun! And the food – yum!

Heather August 29, 2010 at 9:36 am

WOW…very swanky! i love the menu, and the venue looks gorgeous!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 29, 2010 at 10:28 am

Ohhh incredible food with a side of entertainment! :D

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) August 29, 2010 at 10:32 am

That event sounds so fun! I love the lighting and the decorations, so cool! That pork slider looks so good and I love how the appetizers are in the martini glasses :)

Mary August 29, 2010 at 10:59 am

Your carbon footprint must be quite large with all your indulgent foods/airplane travel.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman August 29, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’d be plenty happy to just sit by the cheese spread all night. Looks great!

Courtney @ Bread & Bokeh August 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Umm, could I please have your life? Umm, thanks.

But seriously, what an awesome organization and a fun night!!! :)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) August 29, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Wow…what a great spread!!! Check out all the cheese!!

Nicole August 29, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Those are some great big pieces of cheese! Holy Yum! Enjoy the rest of your trip. :)