• Pho 88

August 28, 2010

After a big breakfast at Bull & Bear, we headed to Pho 88 in the Vimi district for lunch.

_MG_6562.JPG

Pho 88 is a family-owned restaurant that offers a huge selection of authentic Vietnamese dishes. By just browsing the menu, I knew we were in for a treat. I just had to make some room in my stomach! ;-)

_MG_6565.JPG

We started with a bunch of appetizers to share among the table.

_MG_6590.JPG

We had Spring Rolls with Shrimp and Pork, Grilled Pork Rolls, Beef Rolls, Charbroiled Meatball Rolls, and Shrimp Paste on Sugar Cane Rolls. It was a ton of food!!

_MG_6569.JPG _MG_6575.JPG

_MG_6579.JPG _MG_6585.JPG

Even with full bellies, we were still excited to snap some photos! ;-)

_MG_6593.JPG

Then came the main course! 8-O

_MG_6604.JPG

After trying all of the appetizers, my end of the table was pretty stuffed, so we decided to share some entrees. We tried the Spicy Beef Noodle soup and the Rice Vermicelli stir-fried with beef, onion, and cilantro. Both were very delicious, but I could only manage a few bites of each.

_MG_6599.JPG _MG_6601.JPG

But, of course, I had room for an iced coffee! ;-)

_MG_6619.JPG

This one was made with condensed milk. It tasted just like a coffee milkshake! :-D

_MG_6617.JPG

_MG_6608.JPG

It was a great meal. I just wish I could have eaten more of it! ;-)

Michelle (Delightfully Dietetic) August 28, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I used to live in Orlando… why didn’t I go here? Haha say “Hi” to the mouse for me! I used to work there!

Love the new layout too :D

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 28, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Ahh, I love fresh springrolls!

&& that iced coffee — what a treat! mmmm.

M August 28, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Hi Tina!

Sorry to bother you….are you going to be changing the format so we don’t have to click “to read more”?

That would be awesome if you would reconsider that?

I personally won’t click to read posts ,but I understand if
    you are not willing to change it.Just sending my two cents worth ‘and wishing you the very best! ;)

Kris August 28, 2010 at 1:16 pm

What is the VIMI district? Love, love, love Vietnamese iced coffee! Definitely a dessert splurge.

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) August 28, 2010 at 1:24 pm

That food looks so great!! I love fresh spring rolls like those. I like them a lot better than the ones that are fried. Fried foods don’t sit too well in my stomach anymore.

Veggielady4life August 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I have to say… I’m liking your new design. I particularly like the way the pictures pop up as you scroll. Did you design this or do you have a web designer? Just curious what nifty little coding trick creates that effect. It seems to improve overall site loading time.

Kelly August 28, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Love the new format! Love the blog! I have a quick question for you. What kind of camera do you use? Your pictures are great and you seem to carry it with you everywhere, even when you are running.

Tina August 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm

@M: No, I’m not. I’m sorry to lose you as a reader.

Tina August 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm

@Veggielady4life: My web guys designed it, but feel free to contact them. Their link is at the bottom of my blog.

Tina August 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm

@Kelly: Check my FAQs! :)

Lisa @ Want Believe Achieve August 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm

a food tour sounds like fun! Getting to try all sorts of apps, entrees, and desserts at all those restaurants must be amazing! Just curious, is there any kind of food you wouldn’t try?!

Tina August 28, 2010 at 2:46 pm
    holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm

What a wonderful lunch — those spring rolls look so delicious!

I have heard about making iced coffee with condensed milk, a coffee milkshake sounds so good!

Sana August 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Condensed milk is sooo yum! I bet it tastes wonderful in coffee :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 28, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I’ve never actually eaten Vietnamese food, but I’ve always wanted to try spring rolls like those!

Kelly August 28, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info on the cameras. As soon as I posted that question, I checkd up to and felt like an idiot. :) Your pictures are great and again, I love the blog. Thanks!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 28, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Mmmm love spring rolls!! Looks like an incredible time! :)

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm

The food looks really interesting and I agree with Mary, yumm spring rolls!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm

You hang in there eating champ. :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm

vietnamese food is ah-mazing! when i was there two years ago i saw chelsea clinton!

Laura (Starloz) August 28, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I love when small family owned & run businesses produce great food, sometimes the smaller places are perfection. looks like another delicious meal!

Kristy August 28, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Food looks great! Love all the pics!! :)

Maissa August 29, 2010 at 1:37 am

Hey! I love the new design, and i really don’t mind the clicking thing (not sure why ppl are so annoyed by it??)

That being said, since you changed your site your text hasn’t been showing up in my google reader, just the pictures. I re-subscribed to your feed but it’s still wonky, then when I come to your site half the pictures don’t show up. It makes me sad because I love your blog but I seem unable to read your posts properly lately :(. Anyway i thought i would let you know, maybe your tech people know what’s wrong (or my computer could just hate me…)

Ps. The meal looks wonderful!

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear August 29, 2010 at 4:13 am

I’m drooling over the pictures of those rolls, mmmm!

The Italian Dish August 29, 2010 at 11:34 am

This makes me weak in the knees. I’m not kidding. The food looks outrageously good!

Stefanie August 29, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Everything looks delicious! That coffee with condensed milk looks so good. Isn’t it funny how’s there’s always room for coffee??

Ashley September 2, 2010 at 3:25 pm

YUM!! I love Pho!! Soooo good!