• Orlando Brewing Company

August 29, 2010

On Friday, our group visited the Orlando Brewing Company, which is Florida’s only certified organic brewery. All of the beer is brewed right on the premises, so it is as fresh as can be. There are more than a dozen beers on draft in their Tap Room and even more in bottles. Free tours of the brewery are offered daily.

_MG_6695.JPG

When we arrived, Orlando Brewing Company’s President (and self-proclaimed beer snob), John Creek, offered us a beer and a personalized tour of his brewery.

_MG_6698.JPG

The Tap Room had a ton of beers to chose from, so I asked John for his recommendation. I told him that I didn’t like super hoppy beers, so he suggested the Eminent Domain, a smooth Scottish Ale. It was delicious! I was a happy gal! :-D

_MG_6700.JPG

Orlando Brewing Company is one of nine certified organic breweries in the country. This means that the ingredients used in brewing their beers are grown without insecticides, bioengineering, genetically modified organisms, sewage sludge or irradiation.

_MG_6703.JPG

_MG_6704.JPG

Orlando Brewing Company’s organic ales and lagers are already available in select bars and restaurants across Central Florida with many more coming aboard. Lucky ducks! Sadly, they don’t ship to Boston. :-?

_MG_6711.JPG

For the locals (or those visiting Orlando), the Orlando Brewing Company offers a ton of fun events, including Beer 30 when all beers are $2 on the 3oth of each month and Dogs Day Out when well-behaved dogs are invited to the brewery. I know Murphy would LOVE to visit! :-D

Kris August 29, 2010 at 9:09 am

Highly recommend local brewery tours. We did one recently of Summit Brewery, a microbrewery in St. Paul. Informative, and great opportunity to try new beers. We’re due to be in Orlando at the end of Sept. so I’m enjoying your posts.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 29, 2010 at 9:11 am

I love the Dogs Day Out idea — I hope you get a chance to bring Murphy one day.

I’ve never been to a brewery, but I’ve always wanted to. I love to see the big tanks used to store/make the beer.

Heather August 29, 2010 at 9:27 am

fun! Love all these cool tours!

Kait August 29, 2010 at 9:40 am

Fun!! I love brewery tours. I went to college in Athens, GA where the Terrapin Brewery is. They do tours from 5:30 to 7:30pm on Wed-Sat where you pay $10, get a free glass, and 8 tickets for 4oz samples…its such an awesome deal and atmosphere. I literally have 20 glasses b/c I’ve been so many times. Looks like Orlando Brewing Company is just a fun of an atmosphere!

faith @ gracefulfitness August 29, 2010 at 10:01 am

I am usually more of a wine girl but lately beer is my beverage of choice, especially a microbrew! And that Eminent Domain looks delicious!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 29, 2010 at 10:27 am

I’ve only been to one brewery which was Samuel Adams..and it was during elemetary school!! Don’t know why exactly, but they did it every year. :P It was fun except for the yeassst. Ohh how strong a smell lol

Katie (Sweets and Veggies) August 29, 2010 at 10:30 am

That’s so fun! I’ve always wanted to go on a brewery tour to see how everything is done. I also want to go to Napa Valley to see the background on making wine! I can’t wait to go!

Nicole - yuppie yogini August 29, 2010 at 10:36 am

Never been to a brewery and don’t really like beer…wish I did. But it always fun to see how stuff is made.

Marie August 29, 2010 at 10:54 am

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but your photos will not load for me since you changed the layout. I have tried reading your blog on my iPad and regular computer and the same thing happens on both. It does not happen on any other blogs or websites that I visit. The first few photos show up just fine but after that it is just the placeholder box with a blue ? in the middle and the name of the image in the upper left hand corner. Anyone know how to fix this? I really like reading CNC but without the pictures it’s just not the same.

Elizabeth August 29, 2010 at 11:03 am

I’ll be heading up to Orlando in February for the Disney Princess 5k and will have to visit the brewery. I’ve been to Orlando a ton of times and never knew about this little jem. Thanks for the info!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 29, 2010 at 11:58 am

i don’t drink but i LOVE factory tours. looks fun!

Jennifer August 29, 2010 at 5:50 pm

@Marie:
    That’s what I see when I try to read on my iPhone too.

Jennifer August 29, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Tina, I just wanted to let you know that your posts do not show up in order in Google Reader.

Molly August 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Just a recommendation on the new layout… you should see if it’s possible to display the number of comments a post has on the main page, so you can see before you click through. I don’t often read comments, but if a post looked particularly ‘popular’, I would click through. I’m guessing others are the same.

Casey August 29, 2010 at 11:07 pm

yay! I’m so glad you got to do a brewery tour. I work for Sam Adams here in Boston and you should definitely check that out sometime, it’s a blast.

Laura (Starloz) August 29, 2010 at 11:40 pm