• Oatmeal Raisin Bars

August 10, 2010

Reposted from August 18, 2008

Yum! Even my husband liked these Oatmeal Raisin Bars! Usually, he thinks my baked goods taste too healthy– not enough fat and sugar for his liking– but I finally made a healthy-ish treat that he really loves!

Oatmeal Raisin Bars

Makes 9 bars

• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
    • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup canola oil
    • 2 eggs
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1 cup raisins

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Spray 8″ X 8″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients until smooth.
    4. Spread batter in prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through.
    5. Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting.

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm

yes please…so glad you re-posted, i’ll be making these this week!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life August 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm

YUM! I already have these in my recipe binder from before…they’re awesome! :)

Laura August 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

So glad you re-posted this! I was just looking for an oatmeal raisin bar recipe, and this was re-posted with perfect timing! :)

Mishy August 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

could you substitue the raisins with chocolate chips? …and maybe add some icing.

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm

I love oatmeal cookies and these look like they would be a healthy alternative:)

Emily @ The Happy Home August 10, 2010 at 7:41 pm

stealing! just impulsively bought oatmeal at the grocery store; now i have a project!

Kristy August 10, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Hehhe I usually the same feedback too. 😉 too bad the Mr. does not eat raisin – maybe i could sub chocolate chips… Hmmm

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 10, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I remember these, they looked good the first time and even better the second.

Heather August 20, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I am in the process of making these right now – you gave me inspiration! I substituted oats for a whole-wheat/multigrain oatmeal mix, and instead of raisins, I used cranberries. I also added goji berries, sunflower seeds, and pistachios (and some honey). They’re probably less healthy now than the original recipe, but they look and smell tasty! We shall see when they come out of the oven!

Annie September 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm

These are so good! I just made a batch for some friends and snatched a corner piece for myself. Good thing, too; I’m sure I would have devoured the entire pan by myself! Another great, simple recipe! Thanks for posting!

Lindsay October 3, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Just made these – YUM! i didn’t have canola oil, so I used vegetable oil and i added chocolate chips (just because!) and they are so good! thanks for the easy recipe :)

Allison October 9, 2010 at 9:36 pm

They are delicious! I added about 1/8 cup shredded unsweetened coconut and the bars turned out great. Thanks for the recipe!

hollywood insider December 10, 2010 at 10:04 am

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner January 31, 2011 at 6:22 pm

OHMYGOSH!!! These look SO GOOD!!! I want to eat them RIGHT NOW!!! :)

jan October 27, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I made these and love them and know exactly what is in them.

nancy November 27, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Cool website, nice recipes. But I can’t print without printing a bunch of ads and pictures, wasting lots of ink. What am I doing wrong?

Ri July 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I just made these today. I also added 1/2 cup sliced almonds. They are SO good, easy to make, and healthier than a lot of the other recipes out there. Will definitely make again. Thanks!

Safa October 2, 2013 at 11:10 am

I made these today and I was surprised at how amazing they turned out. I used 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chocolates. Someone needs to hide them away, before I finish it all in no time!

Tina October 2, 2013 at 11:31 am

So glad you liked them! :)

mobile games April 11, 2014 at 8:13 am

It’s an amazing piece of writing in support of all the
    online people; they will get benefit from it I am sure.