• Lunch (On The Go)

August 13, 2010

I’m on the go, so just a quickie recap of lunch!

After yoga, I quickly showered and met up with a group of blog friends for lunch in the city. We wandered around the streets of Chicago for quite awhile before deciding on The Berghoff Restaurant.

_MG_6013.JPG

_MG_6017.JPG

I was star-ving, so, as soon as we sat down at the table, I dug into the bread basket.

_MG_6020.JPG

For my entree, I ordered the Roasted Sweet Potato Panini, which was supposed to be served with fig confit, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, arugula, and caramelized cipolline onion, but my sandwich only had sweet potato, roasted red pepper, lettuce, and tomato on it. I’m not going to lie, I was bummed about the fig confit. :-?

_MG_6043.JPG

I also shared a beer with Meghann!

IMG_6039.JPG

Then, we grabbed fro-yo for dessert! :-D

_MG_6059.JPG

I shared a chai latte fro-yo with Kath. Mmm!

_MG_6063.JPG

HLS early registration and the cocktail party are up next!

tracy August 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Visit Club Lago restaurant, if you get a chance. My college classmate owns it, is an Chicago staple, and has been know to have celebrity visitors. Not a health food joint but a good food joint. http://www.clublago.com/

Heather August 13, 2010 at 5:29 pm

yum looks great. Have a great time!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Sorry the sandwich didn’t live up to itself- seems like it’d still be good though! Never had a SP sandwich before :)

Christie {Honoring Health} August 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Looks like you are having a great time so far, have a great time. Wish I could be there but we leave for vacay this weekend!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write August 13, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Roasted sweet potato panini sounds amazing. I’ve never had anything like that. Ever since I uprooted and moved my butt to California, I’ve been in love with Fro-Yo places. Back then in Indiana, it just wasn’t the rage. Here in San Diego, it’s huge. Cool to see Fro-Yo is making a name in MidWest. They need better snacky options! :) Have so much fun!

Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! August 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Chai latte froyo? Sweet potato panini? This food sounds out of this world! I would have been bummed about the fig confit, too…enjoy your night out on the town!

Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) August 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I think self-serve froyo places are my adult version of heaven. I get as giddy as a kid when in one of those establishments.

Your panini looks delicious! Roasted peppers on a sandwich are always a win.

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

WHOA holy bread basket! what a way to start the lunch! you’re my kind of blogger Tina ;)

Tina August 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Can’t wait to see all the official HLS stuff.

That stinks the sandwich didn’t have what you were hoping for. They should have mentioned that when you ordered. Still sounds great though.

Erica August 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Glad you’re having so much fun so far. Love the tank- is that banana? I think I have it in a different color. The yogurt looks amazing. Hope the HLS is a huge hit (I’m sure it will be ;))

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 13, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Lots of good food! I would have been disappointed with the sandwich also. Couldn’t they have brought you some fig confit on the side at least? Sounds like you got someone else’s table order:(

Lisa August 13, 2010 at 6:11 pm

It’s supposed to be 90 degrees today in Portland (95 tomorrow)…Frozen yogurt would really hit the spot!

Tiffany August 13, 2010 at 6:22 pm

The HLS looks like it is going to be a blast, I just looked at the links from last year/ Yummy looking bread basket as well as fro-yo, :).

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 13, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Yeah, I would have been bummed about that too! The fig would have been nice on that! The frozen yogurt definitely would have made up for it though!

Chicago Cuisine Critique August 13, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I love fro yo. :) That place looks great. I saw on Courtney’s page as well. I’m going to have to check it out.

tanyas daily August 13, 2010 at 6:45 pm

I want the frozen yougurt!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 13, 2010 at 6:51 pm

i’d be upset about the missing figgy goodness too!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 13, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I LOVE fig! I would be upset about that too!

Courtney (delightful devours) August 13, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Oh I love frozen yogurt! It looks great!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 13, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Dumb about the fig? Did you just not want to hassle the waiter about it?

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 13, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Too bad about the fig — that sounded delicious!

Have a great night Tina!

Jessica August 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Aw man, the fig confit against the goat cheese is the best part! I’d be bummed too!

if you get a chance and want to venture into a different neighborhood, there is a killer tapas bar called Iberico on LaSalla — http://www.cafeiberico.com/. If you go, the marinated mushrooms are To.Die.For.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 13, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Thew frozen yogurt looks like one of the best I have seen.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 13, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Reading all of these blog posts about Chicago are making me nostalgic!! I’ve been to Berghoff lots of times (particularly when I was a kid) and the food was usually good. Sad to hear that your sandwich was disappointing..

Enjoy the weekend :D

Hannah August 13, 2010 at 8:03 pm

The froyo epidemic in America is KILLING me. We have nothing at all like it in Australia, and I keep seeing peanut butter/chai/marshmallow/chocolate/caramel/cookie dough frozen yogurt on blogs, and *sob* Ah well, at least I know such things exist somewhere…

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) August 13, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I love Chicago!!! The food there is amazing!! Hope you get some deep dish pizza! :)

Chelsey August 13, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Looks like a fun night!

alanna migliacci August 13, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I hope you ladies are having tons of fun in Chicago – it is one of this NYC girl’s favorite cities. I wanted to recommend a great restaurant, since you seem to be in need. Gioco’s on Wabash Ave – I had the most amazing brunch of my life and a delicious lunch salad as well. It’s probably a hike from your hotel, but totally worth it.

Have fun! Alanna

Jessica @ The Process of Healing August 13, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Beers should always be included in lunch ;)

Wei-Wei August 14, 2010 at 3:29 am

I JUST read about this lunch on Kath’s blog. I love how everyone ordered the panini and only Kath ordered the salad :D And the fro-yo looks so yummy! Nom nom nom. :)

Wei-Wei

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 14, 2010 at 8:22 am

Aw man, the fig confit sounds like it would have been the best part! What a bummer!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 14, 2010 at 10:10 am

I am dying to go to a self-serve fro-yo place but there are none around where I live! Hmph. :-?

mbt sheos August 16, 2010 at 4:19 am