• Let the Fun Begin

August 5, 2010

Wow-wee!! I can already tell that this trip to New York City is going to be a blast. There’s so much packed into it!!

After breakfast and my adventures at the TODAY show, I went to my hotel for the night with the hopes of checking in early. I ended up with a room right next to the elevator, but I didn’t really care. I just wanted to get settled and take a shower!

As always, here are a few shots of my hotel room at the Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City. As you probably know, I am obsessed with hotels! ;-)

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

It’s pretty basic, BUT when I checked-in, I was handed a warm chocolate chip-walnut COOKIE with my room key!! :-D

IMG_0008.JPG

Best hotel ever! :mrgreen:

IMG_0009.JPG

Once I got settled in my hotel room, Sabrina and I visited to the Women’s Day offices to meet with a few of their editors and discuss some ways that we can work together in the future. Everyone we met was really nice and so down-to-earth. (They might even have convinced me to run the Philly Half Marathon in November!?)

IMG_0017.JPG

While there, Sabrina and I also got to see the Women’s Day test kitchen!

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

And sample pumpkin cheesecake made with gingersnap-pecan crust! Can you say holy yum!?! (FYI: The recipe will be published in the Thanksgiving issue of Women’s Day magazine.)

IMG_0014.JPG

Then, Sabrina and I grabbed a quick lunch at Dean & Deluca. I had a lemonade and a piece of mushroom pizza. It was tasty, but definitely over-priced.

IMG_0020.JPG

I just got back from a fun event put on by Hanes. Recap coming soon!

Tina August 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Oh deliciousness! The cookie, the cheesecake, and that test kitchen.

How cool to find ways to work with such an awesome magazine. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 5, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Looks like you are off to a great start to your trip! Enjoy your evening!

kristy @ ksayerphotography August 5, 2010 at 5:10 pm

That cookie looks SO good!
    Enjoy your trip Tina! I’m wishing I was you

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs August 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Wow they know how to treat you in NYC! Cookies and cake – love it!

Dorry August 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Such beautiful brunettes! I would love to visit Women’s Day – how cool!

Emily @ The Happy Home August 5, 2010 at 5:16 pm

when i was in college, i got to visit the conde nast building in new york– i wanted to work there the second they spilled the beans that the gourmet test kitchen was in the building! gourmet’s no longer, but the idea of a test kitchen makes my heart flutter. that cheesecake looks DIVINE!

Evan Thomas August 5, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I love seeing my favorite bloggers meet up. All the better when food’s involved

Alexis {Mission: Ambition} August 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Your trip is off to a great start! Have fun :)

Kim August 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I hope to run the Philly 1/2 in November too!

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm

i think we should all have a test kitchen, no? :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm

So jealous you got to poke around in the test kitchen!! I really hope you do sign up for Philly- it will be a lot of fun, I promise :) Enjoy your night here!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) August 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Wow…there are ton of mushrooms on that pizza!! :)

The test kitchen looks fun…I would have loved that!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman August 5, 2010 at 5:28 pm

The way to a girl’s heart is with a warm cookie, right? I think so.

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness August 5, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Nothing scream ‘Fall’ and ‘Holiday Season’ to me like Pumpkin Cheesecake.. yummm :)

The Wife of a Dairyman August 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I feel all the excitement of NYC! A great day for you:) But how can it not be, surrounded by such a supportive group, right?! Cheers!

Amanda @ Vegacious August 5, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I love anything pumpkin! <3

Paige @Running Around Normal August 5, 2010 at 5:48 pm

That pumpkin cheesecake looks and sounds amazing! Must make!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm

oooh what a lovely room!

Courtney (delightful devours) August 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm

You are so lucky. That test kitchen is beautiful. I girl can dream right…

Carly (Swim, Run, Om) August 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Girl, I just had to tell you that thanks to you I am now going through a serious addiction to ICED COFFEE.

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write August 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but that pizza doesn’t look appetizing at all! lol.

How fun to see the Women’s Day kitchen!!!!! Have so much fun in NYC!

Theodora @ Losing Weight in the City August 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. We were so glad to have you! And I was glad for an excuse to stop in our test kitchen again :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 5, 2010 at 6:28 pm

COOOOKIEEEEE

everytime i think of dean and deluca i think of felicity.

tanyasdailyproductreviews August 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm

lot’s of good food and fun

Erin August 5, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Such a fun weekend! :D I love hotel rooms, too, especially after traveling so much and staying at really dodgy, dirty hotels. It makes me appreciate decent hotels even more.

lisa August 5, 2010 at 6:49 pm

your hair looks awesome! and your dress is so cute

marie @ marie would August 5, 2010 at 7:11 pm

your dress. omg. also, that cookie. omg.

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss August 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

What a gorgeous hotel room! And the cookie? Mmmm … Makes me wish I hadn’t just had dinner.

amanda August 5, 2010 at 7:54 pm

My dermatologist office actually has “to go” cookie bags. They contain 2 otis spyunkmyer cookies.

Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul August 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Definitely do the Philly Half! So much fun!

ashleigh August 5, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I love the hotels you stay at!! I need to travel more. Wicked cute dress in the Woman’s Day pic!

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine August 5, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Everything looks so yummy! :) esp. the pizza. I love mushrooms on pizza!

Good luck on the half if you decide to do it! :)

Hannah August 5, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Ohhhh, pumpkin cheesecake! I can’t even get pumpkin pie in Australia, let alone Pumpkin cheesecake!! I hope they put the recipe online for us non-American folk!

Nikki August 5, 2010 at 10:53 pm

It’s interesting to see the test kitchen for Woman’s Day. I work at the test kitchen at Rodale. (creator of such magazines like Women’s Health and Prevention). We just finished up testing the recipes contestants submitted for Organic Gardening Magazine’s contest to win a spa vacation!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm

oh my goodness! the pumpkin cheesecake looks sooooo good!

Becki @ Hike, Bike, Eat August 6, 2010 at 1:23 am

I love hotels! My favorite one is in Half Moon Bay, CA. I’ve been back to visit it three times – it’s THAT awesome!

Melanie August 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

Hi Tina! I love your polka dot dress! Can I ask where you got it? I love polka dots!! Enjoy your trip!!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 6, 2010 at 8:27 am

Pumpkin cheesecake is a combination of two of my favourite desserts ever! I need to make this!

Kelly August 6, 2010 at 10:24 am

Ooooh I’m doing the philly half in november! Should be perfect weather, fingers crossed!

Amber K August 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I love Woman’s Day! And a hotel that gives you a free cookie that looks that good? Now that’s good stuff in my book!

Sara August 6, 2010 at 7:26 pm

That pizza looks really good! I hate over-priced food, though :-/ Swanky hotel!!