• Le Coq Au Vin

August 29, 2010

My second day in Orlando was a busy one. It started with breakfast a Bull & Bear, followed by lunch at Pho 88, chocolate-making at Farris and Foster’s, beer-drinkin’ at the Orlando Brewing Company, and it concluded with a lovely dinner at Le Coq Au Vin.

_MG_6719.JPG

Le Coq Au Vin offers a fresh twist on traditional French cuisine by implementing new world flavors with classic dishes. They utilize the philosophy “from farm to the table” by using many products that are indigenous to Florida. The chef/owner even grows all of the herbs (and some of the produce) that he uses in his cooking outside of the restaurant.

_MG_6715.JPG

Our meal started with a number of appetizers, which we shared among the table.

We had Escargot in garlic butter.

_MG_6729.JPG

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese.

_MG_6731.JPG

Souffle au Fromage (Gruyere cheese soufflé with grits).

_MG_6738.JPG

Grilled Ahi Tuna and Boudin Noir and French Style Garlic Sausage Combo (traditional blood sausage, French-style garlic sausage, and caramelized onions topped with applesauce).

_MG_6741.JPG

I tried all of the appetizers, but, of course, the escargot was my favorite. What can I say, I have a thing for snails! ;-)

For my entree, I selected the Le Poisson Bronze.

_MG_6744.JPG

Le Poisson “Bronze” was Bronzed Fish with toasted pecans and citrus beurre blanc coated with 10 spices, cooked in a cast iron skillet, with chayote butternut squash and Creole plantain. Doesn’t that sound delicious? The menu description immediately caught my attention– and the actual dish did not disappoint! The chayote butternut squash and Creole plantain were to die for!

_MG_6746.JPG

Just before dessert, the chef owner, Reimund Pitz, sat down at our table and chatted with us. It was Friday night, so the restaurant was quite busy, but he still made the time to talk with us and answer all of our questions. Chef Reimund was a super nice guy.

_MG_6752.JPG

For dessert, the table shared six souffles in three different flavors: Grand Marnier, Chocolate, and Raspberry. I wasn’t hungry at all, but I tried a few bites of each souffle and pretty much finished off the Grand Marnier one myself! ;-)

_MG_6764.JPG

What a day! I’ve definitely never eaten like that before! :mrgreen:

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 30, 2010 at 10:31 am

Ooh, the Souffle au Fromage looks absolutely delicious! What can I say? I am a cheese and grits kinda gal. :-)

Megan (Braise The Roof) August 30, 2010 at 11:00 am

Lobster mac ‘n cheese. Be still my heart. Looks like it was a really fun trip!

Trish August 30, 2010 at 11:07 am

@Marnie:

I have to agree about not liking recent posts. I actually live in Florida but I am a little over all the sponsored type of posts. I honestly would rather you be back home and relating the details of your day-to-day life. I find it more useful learn about how you deal with real life. I’ve been skipping over all this sort of content lately.

And yes, still not a fan of the new layout.

Amber K August 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm

The dessert sounds amazing!

Kelly August 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Looks delicious! It appears as though you’ve been enjoying tons of fabulous food since being down there. I love seeing all the pics!

Tania August 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I used to live in Orlando and Coq au Vin was one of my absolute favorites. I still crave their Gran Marinier Souffle.

Jillian August 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Whoa, did some readers basically just tell you they want you to go home and stop eating at restaurants they don’t care about..because you didn’t pay for the food yourself? Go home and eat oatmeal again, Tina- I need you to be AT HOME figuring out more ways to amuse me with pictures of oatmeal. Enough of this fun bull****- stop TRAVELING!! And change your layout back so I don’t have to click through posts!!!
    DO AS I SAY OR ELSE!!!!1111111111

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself ;)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear August 31, 2010 at 3:24 am

YUM! escargots are SO good! :)