• Here We Go

August 12, 2010

Greetings from Chicago!!! :mrgreen:

As soon as I arrived at the hotel, I was put to work stuffing swag bags. We have 225 attendees and a TON of swag, which means lots to do before early registration tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_0003.JPG

Surprisingly, stuffing swag bags is a lot of work. Luckily, we had some help from other bloggers who arrived early in Chicago. Thank you, Sabrina, Julie, and Diana!!  :-D

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG

After swag bagging for nearly two hours, I checked into my hotel room, unpacked, and got settled. The rooms at The Congress Plaza Hotel definitely have an old world charm to them.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Lunch

A little while later, the swag bag stuffing crew met up again for lunch at a small cafe down the street from the hotel. Sabrina and I shared a Margarita pizza.

_MG_5912.JPG

I ate two pieces, which were tasty and super cheesy!

_MG_5919.JPG _MG_5922.JPG

I also drank an iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts (because I’m an addict).

_MG_5915.JPG

After lunch, I headed out for a 4-mile run + 1-mile walk along the lake. Chicago is a gorgeous city!

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Dinner and a party tonight. Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

Nicole @ yuppieyogini August 12, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Nice room, yummy pizza, Dunkin Donuts…..I’d say you had a good day!

Diana August 12, 2010 at 11:14 pm

You’re welcome! Glad to help!

You guys are doing a great job with HLS…yay! :)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 12, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Awesome job with the swag bags! I can’t believe you travelled, filled the swag bags and went for a 4 mile run. You’re insane. And amazing. :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 13, 2010 at 8:52 am

Chicago looks like such a pretty place to run! I’m surprised you had the energy for that though. It sounds like you had such a busy day! :D

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 13, 2010 at 9:52 am

Whoa those swag bags are HUGE! :-P

Jessica August 13, 2010 at 9:59 am

I hope you enjoy Chicago, my home town. I’m actually flying into O’Hare tonight for a wedding. :D The hotel rooms look beautiful, btw.

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 13, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Looks so wonderful! Have a great time in Chicago!