• BlogHer ’10: Part 4

August 7, 2010

I feel like a million bucks after drinking some freshly squeezed juice! Who knew it would have that effect!?

This afternoon, my blog buddy, Ashley, treated me to an apple-carrot-kale juice, which instantly revitalized me and took away my cranky-pants. Now, I feel like a new woman! πŸ˜€

After the final BlogHer session of the day, a group of us met for a juice date followed by an afternoon power walk through Central Park.

Three cheers for fresh juice! :mrgreen:

We walked for close to an hour through the park, chatting away and getting to know one another better. I must say, there are so many wonderful bloggers in this community! πŸ˜€

Central Park is pretty!

Lunch was incredible this afternoon. There were lots of nutritious options to choose from, including grilled veggies, roasted potatoes, an assortment of breads and rolls, various cold salads, chicken breasts, salmon fillets, sandwich meats, cheeses… there really was something for everyone.

And, once again, there were plenty of desserts!

_MG_5585.JPG _MG_5576.JPG

I loaded my plate with a little bit of everything, including a bunch of greens, veggies, beans, seafood salad, and an Italian sprinkle cookie. It was an awesome lunch. Satisfying and delicious.

Heading to dinner with some blog friends next.

Meg August 7, 2010 at 7:27 pm

SO cool! I’ve never had juice like that before, I’ll have to give it a try πŸ˜€

Everything looks amazing Tina, I am super jealous that you get to hang with all those sweet bloggers, and I’m jealous THEY get to hang out with YOU! :) Enjoy your evening!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) August 7, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Freshly squeezed juice really can make you feel like a whole new person :)

tanyasdailyproductreviews August 7, 2010 at 7:35 pm

looks like you are all having such a good time!

Sarah August 7, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I’m getting so jealous reading all the blogher posts, it looks awesome! The fresh squeezed juice and walk through central park seems perfect!

Marilou @ Mostly Healthy August 7, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Nothing beats a healthy dose of vitamins when you get cranky! Blogher seems really nice!

Chelsey August 7, 2010 at 7:47 pm

mmm fresh juice!!! looks delicious!

That lunch spread looks delectable – i almost drooled.

Run Sarah August 7, 2010 at 7:48 pm

The juice bar looks awesome, as does the lunch buffet. Love the roasted vegetable offerings!

Wei-Wei August 7, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I’m so jealous! This is the second time seeing this lunch spread, and man it looks even better the second time around. πŸ˜€

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life August 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm

That lunch definitely looks like I would have trouble not mounding my plate with a little of everything. WOW! What a delicious spread. You guys definitely had a beautiful day to enjoy the weather walking around Central Park. Have fun at dinner! :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 7, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love all the insane juice options in the city. They feel so refreshing.

And Central Park is one of my favorite places to walk. Hunni and I went on our mini honeymoon to the City and walked around the park and did the touristy thing of taking a carriage ride.

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

ah, central park and a dessert buffet – what could be better?!?!

Janna (janna's keeping it real) August 7, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Oh what fun! I hope to meet up with fellow bloggers at some point! It’s nice to have that common denominator amongst each other!

Angela August 7, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I’m so jealous of all the fun all you bloggers are having! Nothing better than some fresh juice to lift your spirits!

Amy @ Amy Starts to Run August 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm

With all the parties and events you’ve been going to, this looks like a wonderful casual gathering! How fun!

Estela @ Weekly Bite August 7, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I love walking through Central Park!! My husbands family lives just a couple blocks away from it. I love walking over there! Its such a treat!

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana August 7, 2010 at 8:36 pm

What a healthy juice drink! I love it!

I wish all salad bar / buffets looked like that one. That’s something I could not walk away hungry from!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 7, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Central Park is so pretty- the 6 mile loop is the perfect length and terrain for a challenging run. I’m already excited to register for BlogHer next year, it looks like so much fun!! Hope tonight is great!

theemptynutjar August 7, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Wow. That seems so fun. Wish I could meet you guys (though I think I am intimidated by a lot of you…a bit shy of me).

Kristy August 7, 2010 at 8:55 pm

The juice looks delicious and the pics of central park are so pretty! Enjoy your night!

Rhea (Greek Feaster) August 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Three cheers for juice and walks with friends!

TK August 7, 2010 at 9:05 pm

You are having a blast there! Juice really can heal the world and bad moods. πŸ˜€

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 7, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Love the roasted veggies on the lunch menu…..yum! How fun to walk through Central Park with friends! Have a great dinner tonight:)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I spot some caprese salad! Yummm! I love juice! Juice date and a walk through central park just sounds absolutely amazing.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 7, 2010 at 9:28 pm

That lunch spread looks unreal!

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 7, 2010 at 9:46 pm

What a fun day! I loved walking through Central Park when I visited New York.

Have a great night!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 7, 2010 at 9:53 pm

This BlogHer event looks so nice!! That spread of food is pretty impressive. I have to give you credit for not taking every one of those desserts. I definitely would have!

jenna August 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm

holy yumm! those desserts look soooo good :)

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) August 7, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Wow! That’s one crazy decadent lunch spread!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 7, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Sounds like a fun afternoon! I hope you enjoy your evening! I love New York!

ash bear August 7, 2010 at 10:31 pm

I had a great time gulping juice and brainstorming NYC ideas! If you all need a break and want a drink on the house stop by tomorrow evening!

Emilyeatsclean August 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm

WOW that juice bar looks awesome…..I bet that juice is delic! And what a fun way to hang out with other bloggers!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 7, 2010 at 10:41 pm

That juice sounds really good!! I think only health food junkies would think so, though πŸ˜›

Glad you had such a good time meeting all those bloggers!

Lizzy @ LBBakes August 7, 2010 at 10:46 pm

amazing lunch! by the time i scrolled to the desserts, i had to get up and fix myself some ice cream. sometimes i have no self-control. πŸ˜‰

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 7, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Have fun at dinner! Love your shirt!

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 7, 2010 at 11:36 pm

i can honestly say i’ve never had fresh-squeezed juice before, but it looks and sounds so great!

Bekah August 7, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Great hanging out with you today Tina! You’re so sweet. Good luck with HLS next weekend, and enjoy it!

Jill@MySoCalledHealthLife August 7, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I pretty much love anything with sprinkles, so send one of those cookies my way!!

Looks like you are having a fab time at the conference!

Alexa@Living La Vida Pura August 8, 2010 at 12:51 am

Kale in your juice? That must have been a unique flavor…

Laura August 8, 2010 at 12:51 am

Ohhh, fresh juice is pure joy. incredible

meemsnyc August 8, 2010 at 12:53 am

The food looks amazing!

Hannah August 8, 2010 at 1:05 am

I love that pretty sprinkle cookie! I’m craving sweets something rotten right now… which probably means I should eat some veggies instead πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your dinner!

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) August 8, 2010 at 7:09 am

So fun! I love when dinner is filled with so much variety. It’s always so satisfying. πŸ˜€

Amber K August 8, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I have never had freshly squeezed juice before; I’m going to have to try it!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 8, 2010 at 4:30 pm

The food at the event looks amazing.

Liz August 9, 2010 at 1:25 am

Looks like you had a great time! is there any way to share what you learned in some of the sessions? It’d be great to hear about the information you got out of the event!

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss August 9, 2010 at 2:43 am

Looks like a fantastic experience. Wish I could have gone … maybe next year. Then again, I’d have had a tough time saying “no” to all those yummy-looking desserts, so it’s probably best I wasn’t there.

Tina August 9, 2010 at 7:58 am

@Liz: I took a bunch of notes. I’ll blog about them after HLS.

michele August 9, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Looks like a great time!

Liz August 9, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Cool Tina! Thanks so much – I’m looking forward to it!

Kristy August 9, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Jealous a serious understatement! I wish there were more bloggers around here. BooHoo! You lok like your enjoying your self. πŸ˜‰