• BlogHer ’10: Part 3

August 7, 2010

A Funfetti cupcake is part of a well-balanced breakfast, right? ;-)

IMG_0041.JPG

Ok, maybe not. But, it sure tasted delicious! Funfetti + cream cheese frosting is awesome! :-D

IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0038.JPG

This morning, I had the pleasure of attending a special event sponsored by Unilever at the ultra-chic Royalton Hotel in midtown Manhattan. Here’s the invite that I received:

Before a busy day of networking, meet with a celebrity hairstylist for a consultation then “strike a pose” for the cameras.  Indulge your senses with spa treatments designed to invigorate while catching up with friends over fabulous fare (created by the brands already stocked in your pantry!). Dying to know how to create frizz-free curls? Seeking for the secret to perfect pasta?  Get “in the know” with Unilever’s approachable and knowledgeable team of beauty and food gurus.

It sounded good to me! And the event did not disappoint. I especially enjoy the foot massages! ;-)

IMG_0002.JPG

After being on my feet all day at BlogHer and walking around the city yesterday, a foot massage was totally welcomed and appreciated. It was 10 minutes of pure bliss.

IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

After our foot massages, Sabrina and I headed to the “Design Your Own Flip-Flops” station. How fun!

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

I went with a simple design.

IMG_0012.JPG

Clearly, we should design flip-flops for a living. ;-)

IMG_0014.JPG

If you couldn’t tell already, this morning’s breakfast was really random. Check out my eats:

IMG_0017.JPG

Coffee with cream.

IMG_0018.JPG

Cranberry-Ginger scone.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

PF Chang’s Sweet & Sour Chicken. (I told ya it was random! ;-) )

IMG_0030.JPG

A fortune cookie.

IMG_0034.JPG

And a mini vanilla milkshake. Got milk?

IMG_0042.JPG

Another busy day ahead at BlogHer!

P.S. Mal is on his way to NYC right now. Yay! :mrgreen:

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs August 7, 2010 at 11:08 am

Design-you-own-flip-flop station?? Oh crikey, I SERIOUSLY wish I was at that conference!
    Enjoy the day :)

Meg August 7, 2010 at 11:09 am

Haha I love the flip flops and PF Changs! Have a great day and yay for Mal coming :D

Chicago Cuisine Critique August 7, 2010 at 11:13 am

Wow, too many awesome things to comment on. Looks like you are having a great time. :)

kathleen August 7, 2010 at 11:13 am

Ok. I have a question: I know there are many events like this on the East Coast, which if I could afford the travel I’d be there in a heart beat, How fun! Are there any events like this on the West coast that you know of? Thanks!

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) August 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

Such fun!!!

And I love the got milk picture, along with the flip flop making station. :D

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 7, 2010 at 11:15 am

Great job on the flip flops….love um! And I’m loving the Got Milk booth….but I’m biased;)

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 7, 2010 at 11:17 am

@kathleen: There is a BlogHer San Francisco but they are sold out……I was too late in trying to attain tickets.

Tina August 7, 2010 at 11:19 am

@kathleen: BlogHer Food is in San Francisco this fall, but I’m pretty sure it’s sold out. The Foodbuzz Festival is the first weekend of November in SF as well. Tickets haven’t gone on sale yet.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 7, 2010 at 11:20 am

Fun morning! Have fun with your hubby!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) August 7, 2010 at 11:20 am

perfect bfast!

Whitney @ Whitinspired August 7, 2010 at 11:22 am

This conference looks like such a blast! I love your random breakfast, there is nothing wrong with a cupcake and pf changs for breakfast. Nothing I tell you!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Starting your day with a foot massage and cupcake sounds pretty darn amazing to me!! Hope you have a great day with Mal!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Such a fun morning!! I love the flip flops, you should definitely go into business ;) You’re sportin’ that milk mustache, too!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is August 7, 2010 at 11:24 am

That flip flop station is such a cool idea! Love that!

Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) August 7, 2010 at 11:38 am

Looks like you’re having a spontaneous, good time at BlogHer. I love that you incorporated sweet and sour chicken into your breakfast.

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 7, 2010 at 11:44 am

I love Funfetti cake! Looks like BlogHer is a great time. Enjoy! :-)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 11:54 am

hahaha that is one of the most random breakfasts I have seen, but thats awesome!

Lizzy @ LBBakes August 7, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Cupcakes for breakfast are never a bad thing! All in moderation. :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 7, 2010 at 12:09 pm

foot massages!!! omg im so envious, i want in :)
    hope you’ve been having a blast, clearly seems like it haha <3

sam @ holding onto healthy August 7, 2010 at 12:11 pm

P.F Changs is the best addition to breakfast… :)

tanyasdailyproductreviews August 7, 2010 at 12:13 pm

you are being spoiled, enjoy!

Emilyeatsclean August 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Ahhh sounds awesome!! Foot massages, cupcakes, and create your own flip-flops…..it doesn’t get any better than that! :)

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 7, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I hope Mal has a safe trip to NYC!

I would have loved a foot massage this morning — I’m sure you needed it! What a fun time. You are definitely making me want to go to Blogher next year!

Wei-Wei August 7, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Wow, does it cost you to be at BlogHer? I’m guessing you’re there cos you’re just an awesome blogger :D It certainly looks like a hell of a great event!

Wei-Wei

Heather August 7, 2010 at 12:49 pm

love the flip flop idea, too cute!!!
    and the foot massage sounds heavenly!

Dorry August 7, 2010 at 1:01 pm

The icing on that cupcake looks ridiculously yummy. So cool to see all the different sponsors and events – thanks for sharing!

Heather August 7, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Sometimes there is nothing better then a random breakfast!

Cold pizza is my favorite random breakfast. Enjoy the rest of the conference – looks like a lot of fun!

Angela (The Lady Loves to Eat) August 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

A cupcake in the morning sounds perfect! Looks like you are all having fun!

Rachael August 7, 2010 at 1:50 pm

It sounds like a pretty fun set-up! As someone who lives in flip-flops (snow be darned), I’m in awe of the flip-flop making station!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 7, 2010 at 1:51 pm

A funfetti cupcake is definitely a part of a balanced breakfast. At least you would get a variety of colors in your meal. lol

That flip-flop station looks cool! I’d want to be at the event just for that.

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) August 7, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Have fun with Mal in the city!!

Heather August 7, 2010 at 3:21 pm

oh, i’m so glad mal is going with you this time! i bet you guys are going to have a blast hanging out and enjoying the city together!

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 7, 2010 at 5:17 pm

That istotally random but some days you just need to have fun.

amanda August 7, 2010 at 5:47 pm

That is so cool that you got to design your own flip flops. Also I would totally gain like 15 pounds at this blog event with all that yummy looking food everywhere!

Janna @ Janna's Keeping it Real August 7, 2010 at 6:18 pm

“the best part of waking up, is a cupcake in your tummy”…..

Jaclyn August 7, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Mmmm, yummy bfast of random eats! I love the cupcake for bfast idea, why not, right?!
    *Continue* having fun! I’m super jealous, maybe next year I’ll get to go!

Kristy August 7, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Perfect way to start the day with a cupcake, a foot massage and designing flip flops! Love the random eats, enjoy your time with hubby!

Mac August 7, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Designing flip flops… what a great idea! And P.S. I would love to eat Chinese food any day of the week for breakfast :)

Sabrina August 7, 2010 at 10:50 pm

My flip flop flowers stayed on…

…is it wrong that I kind of wish they hadn’t????

Hannah August 8, 2010 at 1:01 am

Looks like a breakfast of champions to me ;) I’d never heard of funfetti cake before I started reading American blogs… I want to try one!

kathleen August 8, 2010 at 5:13 pm

@Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman: Thank you I’ll check it out!

kathleen August 8, 2010 at 5:14 pm

@Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman: Bummer, wish I would have known.

Dee August 11, 2010 at 1:50 pm

oh my yum! I’m just now catching up on posts! I love your flip flop! :)