How’d you sleep last night? I woke up totally exhausted this morning, but I have no idea why. I don’t remember having a rough night of sleep and I went to bed at my normal bedtime. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It’s strange how that happens, huh? I’m just glad to have my morning iced coffee in hand!
Once again, I rocked the overnight oats for breakfast this morning. I know, I’m obsessed. I wonder if I will continue to eat them once the weather turns cold? Remember what happened with me and hot coffee? I wonder if the same thing will happen with oatmeal? We shall see.
In the mix:
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze
- Chia seeds
- Dried cranberries
- 2 scoops of Barney Butter
Breakfast also included a yummy batch of iced coffee. Starbucks sent me some of their new Natural Fusions coffee to test out. I love flavored coffee, especially as iced coffee.
The Starbucks Natural Infusions are made from arabica beans and blended with real ingredients– spices, botanicals, and other good stuff. I tried the vanilla flavor first. The smell of the coffee grinds was incredible!
Last night, Mal brewed the iced coffee while I got ready for bed and brushed my teeth. Before he poured the coffee grinds into the filter, he insisted that I smell them because the aroma was sooooo amazing. Mal even brought the bag of coffee into the bathroom for me to smell! What a nut. Apparently, he was really excited about this coffee!
The taste of the coffee was great– nice and strong, not at all bitter, with a subtle vanilla flavor. With a splash of vanilla soy milk it was perfectly sweet. I’m a fan. (Mal, too!)
Which Side Do You Think With?
The other day, I read a really interesting article in Real Simple magazine about Organizing for Your Personality. Basically, the article covered strategies to help you get (and stay) organized whether you’re innately tidy or not.
Right off the bat, I assumed I was a left-brainer. I mean, I like everything neat and organized, and I find it satisfying when things are orderly and put away. But, then, I took the Real Simple quiz, which really surprised me. Here are just some of the questions with my responses:
- When I’m finished using an item, I put it away immediately. Hardly ever. Just ask my husband!
- I like to move around my furniture a few times a year rather than stick with the same arrangement. Yep.
- Keeping current projects where I can see them is a must. Yes, so I stay on track!
- On my computer, I often have multiple windows open at once. Totally.
- My desk is filled with piles of papers, sticky notes, and business cards. I’m surprised I get anything done.
- I’m fine with other people making last-minute changes to plans. I go with the flow.
Woah. This quiz sort of blew my mind. I had no idea that I would have so many right-brain responses! Who knew? I also said ‘yes’ to a lot of the left-brain questions:
- I love being surrounded by vibrant colors. Yes! Love them!
- I often wear the same jewelry every day. Yep.
- I always bring a shopping list to the grocery store. Always.
- I love having a designated spot for each item in my closet or drawers. Yes, it just doesn’t always look pretty.
So, I guess I’m a mix of right and left, but with a lean toward the right? I’m totally facinated by this, especially since I was so sure that I was a left-brainer. Even still, it’s neat to know that I can benefit from organizing strategies for either type. Maybe that’s why I let my messes linger for so long before I obsessively clean them?
Question of the Day
Are you a right-brainer or left-brainer? Or a mix of the two?
P.S. Check out my contribution on WomenDay.com: 10 Better-for-You Comfort Food Recipes!