• Tortilla-Crusted Feta-and-Broccoli Quiche

July 20, 2010

Don’t you love it when recipes turn out so better than you expect? I had high hopes for tonight’s dinner and it definitely surpassed them. It was an egg-cellent meal! 😉

Tortilla-Crusted Feta-and-Broccoli Quiche

Recipe inspired by Rachel Ray’s Tortilla-Crusted Goat Cheese-and-Asparagus Quiche

• Four 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
    • 1 cup broccoli florets
    • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
    • 4 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
    • 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
    • 1/2 cup feta crumbles
    • 3 eggs
    • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375* F. In a greased 9-inch pie plate, overlap the tortillas to make a crust; place on a rimmed baking sheet. (I used tortillas from Maria and Ricardo’s Tortilla Factory.)

Meanwhile, steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 1 minute in the microwave. In a skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli; season with salt and pepper.

Spread evenly in the tortilla crust, then add bacon and crumble the feta on top.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and yogurt and season with salt and pepper; pour into the tortilla crust.

Bake on the baking sheet until just set in the center and lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

Delicious!!! And, this quiche will be great for breakfast tomorrow morning!

Mal and I are seeing Inception in about 30 minutes, so I have a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie in my hand and we are out the door!

Enjoy the night, folks!

susan July 21, 2010 at 8:51 pm

This is an amendment to comment #100. My actual website address is susanmurphyrd.com. The name of my blog is Chocolate Covered Cherries.

Susan July 25, 2010 at 11:41 am

Wow! I came across a link to this recipe from SparkPeople, and I’m so glad I did. Not only does this particular recipe look great, it also looks like a great template for many, many ideas! Thank you!

JEANNE July 25, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Pam July 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm

this recipe sounds and looks great! I will try it!

Tamara July 26, 2010 at 10:11 am

What is the calorie content and serving size? Before making a recipe I like to know that information.

I do like to make quiche or put a mix like this in muffin tins and back so there is no crust used.

Will give this a try

Katie July 26, 2010 at 10:25 am

Just made this last night. Since I’m preggo I substitued mozzarella and parmesan for the feta and spinch for the broccoli (broccoli is grossing me out at the moment). It was great! Thanks for sharing. I loved that it was easy, not time consuming and yummy!

marti July 26, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Would have appreciated the nutritional elements included with the recipe.

Christine July 27, 2010 at 3:52 pm

This sounds really quick and tasty.
    And I just happen to have a packet of tortilla wraps in the cupboard – so dinner tomorrow…. I’ll need to use frozen broccoli.

Lindsay July 29, 2010 at 4:36 pm

So I made the Quiche last night and it was a HUGH SUCCESS!! My boyfriend and I loved it, and just to make sure we weren’t one-sided I took it to some girls at work and they loved it too!! Thanks for all your great recipes, they always seem to be a hit in my kitchen!!

Margaret August 1, 2010 at 10:12 pm

i made this quiche tonight and it was fantastic!!! thanks so much for posting, i love your blog!

Heidi October 2, 2011 at 11:10 am

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 150.8
    Total Fat: 8.9 g
    Cholesterol: 117.4 mg
    Sodium: 238.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 10.9 g
    Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
    Protein: 11.6 g

Tappinc100 January 29, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Yummy , very tasty thanks !

Mariah November 13, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Wow! This looks amazing! I LOVE quiche, and this looks like a quick and simple recipe for the mornings. Actually, I had quiche for lunch today and it was fabulous as usual. I love having quiche for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but this recipe looks perfect for when you want a smaller quiche, and quick preparation. The quiche I make takes about 25-30 minutes, but I make a large pan and use a lot more veggies. I’m working on posting the recipe, so I’ll let you know when it’s up. :)

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! God bless you always!