• Saturday in Burlington

July 18, 2010

This morning, I woke up smiling thinking about all of the fun I had yesterday. Seriously, why don’t I just live in Vermont?!?

After breakfast, Mal, Marie, Dave, and I drove into downtown Burlington. We walked around Church Street, did a little shopping, and then hit the farmers’ market.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

At the farmers’ market, everything looked so fresh and delicious. I pretty much wanted to buy one of everything, including this Buddha pug bag. I was so close to buying it, but the last thing I need is another bag!

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

After the farmers’ market, we visited some of our friends at their new townhouse. Murphy had a blast playing with their French bulldogs, Sophie and Hannah. I think Sophie had a little crush on Murph! ;-)

IMG_0017.JPG

A few hours later, we headed home to grab a quick lunch. I had a ham and cheddar wrap with spicy mustard.

IMG_0019.JPG

And a chocolate chip cookie!

IMG_0020.JPG

Then, we headed back into Burlington for the evening. Our first stop was Breakwater! Love this place!

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

At Breakwater, Marie and I split a Maple Mudslide.

IMG_0029.JPG

Holy yum! :-D

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

We spent a couple of hours at Breakwater and then walked over to the Vermont Brewers Festival, which was the main event of the weekend for us.

IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0046.JPG

There were so many amazing beers to try. Quite a few of them I had never even heard of.

IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0058.JPG

The event was packed!!

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

BBFs! :mrgreen:

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

After sampling quite a lot of beer, Marie and I got the munchies, so we shared a bag of kettle corn at the festival. Kettle corn is really delicious! Why don’t I eat it more often!?

IMG_0072.JPG

The final stop of the evening was Metronome for 80′s Night. Yep, we totally acted like we were in college last night! :-D

IMG_0084.JPG

Dance party!!!

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

We never really ate dinner, so we stopped by the Kountry Kart Deli for a “Rise and Shiner” after 80′s Night. The “Rise and Shiner” is a bacon, egg, cheese, and hash brown sandwich on a sub roll. Obviously, it was a very nutritious dinner.

IMG_0117.JPG

What a day! It was rather indulgent, but totally worth it.

I love Vermont! :mrgreen:

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health July 18, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Ahh, breakfast from KKD. Love it :)

I’ve thought about moving to Vermont as well. Whenever I visit there I’m just so HAPPY! It’s a great place full of great people.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I love 80′s themed nights! Especially when there are ridiculous costumes and dancing involved. :D

Hannah July 18, 2010 at 10:21 pm

You should absolutely move to Vermont! Think of all the maple syrup! :D

Emilyeatsclean July 18, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I can’t believe you didn’t buy that bag….too cute! :)

Kate July 19, 2010 at 12:14 am

Tina, we had almost the exact same evening on Saturday! I was the PM Brewfest, 80′s night AND Kountry Kart for a Rise n Shiner… I can’t believe I didn’t spot you!

Wei-Wei July 19, 2010 at 9:25 am

Buddha pug bag!!! Man that is the cutest thing ever. And the Maple Mudslide sounds great… You’ve had a wonderful night! :)

Wei-Wei

Amy July 20, 2010 at 11:36 am

The Buddha Pug bag is made by a friend of mine! You can see it and her other designs on her Etsy page:

Joanne Kalisz / Happy Fantastic Designs July 20, 2010 at 12:57 pm

OMG!!! One of my friends in MA follows your blog and she recognized one of my Happy Fantastic Buddha Pug tote bags on it! So COOL!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip to VT.

Oh! and it you or anyone is looking for the Buddha Pug tote or other cool stuff check out my website http://www.happyfantastic.com and etsy store http://www.HappyFantastic.etsy.com. Or in person at the Burlington Farmers Market. Plus I will be at “A Taste of Stowe” July 30, 31, and August 1. Whew! That was a lot of PR for me!!! :)

Ryan Allendorf May 21, 2011 at 11:26 am

Hey blogger,

I was searching for a picture of a rise n shiner from KKD for my website, and yours was the only one that came up on google. I don’t think I can take a picture of one myself because it would be in my stomach too fast! Was wondering if i could use that picture, and also thought you would like my website about burlington vt (www.burlingtonbucketlist.com)

My email is ryan.allendorf@gmail.com

Thanks

Tina May 21, 2011 at 11:32 am

@Ryan Allendorf: Sure, feel free!