I had planned to go for a serious power walk after work today, but the rain messed up my plans. Boooo! Instead, I got my bootay moving in the kitchen! 😉
I whipped up a batch of Cherry-Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. Oh, yes, I did! 😀
Cherry-Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Makes approximately 10 cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Use a tablespoon to portion cookies on a greased baking sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
I love that these cookies aren’t too sweet. The dried cherries, dark chocolate, and maple syrup add just enough sweetness without going overboard. Mmm! Trust me, these cookies are really good! I’ve already eaten three!
I ate lunch at my desk at NuVal while working away. I had a big arugula salad topped with Buffalo Tofu and Athenos feta crumbles. On the side, I had a chocolate chip granola bar, a peach, and another iced coffee with Almond Breeze.
Mal and I are going to our friends’ house for dinner night. See ya later! 😎