• Pugs + Teachers

July 29, 2010

Two things I really love in life: pugs and teachers– specifically Murphy and Mal! ;-)

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

Serious pug love.

IMG_0026.JPG

(Mal didn’t want to be on the blog today. :-?)

Snack

After my weirdo massage, I spent the afternoon catching up with emails and working on my various freelance articles for the week. While working away, I snacked on a Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffin. (It was really tough to do, but I saved the last scuffin for my husband! ;-))

IMG_0007.JPG

Dinner

For dinner, I whipped up a quick homemade pizza using a Boboli pizza crust, which I love despite what the nutrition panel says on the packaging. Hands down, Boboli is favorite pizza crust on the market. Just saying.

IMG_0009.JPG

Tonight’s pizza toppings included: marinara sauce, lots of shredded cheddar, sliced turkey, and green bell pepper.

IMG_0010.JPG

After eating a big slice of pizza, I enjoyed a small slice of toasted Fennel, Fig, and Flax Manna Bread with Barney Butter smeared on top. It hit the spot.

IMG_0015.JPG

After dinner, Mal and I met up with a bunch of his teacher friends at the Union Brewhouse in Weymouth.

IMG_0032.JPG

Umm… why have I never been to this place?!? It rules! :-D

IMG_0035.JPG

The Union Brewhouse is a total dive bar, but the beer menu is amazing and the price is right! :mrgreen:

The food menu looked pretty decent, too. It’s your typical bar food, but with Buffalo Chicken Nachos on the menu!! I need to get my hands on them ASAP! ;-) And, there’s a patio out back. Seriously, why am I not here all of the time!?!

IMG_0036.JPG

While at the Brewhouse, I ordered three beers, but drank only two of them. I started with the Ithaca Flower Power, which I tried back in May. I remember loving it, but, tonight, it was much too hoppy for my liking. :-? Mal offered to drink my pint of Flower Power, so I ordered a Haverhill Whittier White instead. I liked this beer, but I didn’t love it. (I drank it anyway.) My final beer of the evening was a Berkshire Steel Rail Ale, which was medium-bodied, not too hoppy, and easily my favorite of the night. At least, I ended the evening on a high note! ;-)

IMG_0037.JPG

Drinking lots of water, making overnight oats, and then heading straight to bed.

G’night! :-D

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 29, 2010 at 11:03 pm

if i had that adorable pug to come home to each day i would feel better than a million bucks <3

stephanie@Avocado Nation July 29, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I love Boboli. I used to eat it like all the time as a kid. So delicious. I think you’ve inspired me to buy some at the store the next time I am there.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Haha ‘weirdo massage.’ I saw a pug in Southern Living magazine today and it was nowhere as cute as Murphy. Not even close!

Tina July 29, 2010 at 11:07 pm

@Allie (Live Laugh Eat): It’s hard to be as cute as him!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 29, 2010 at 11:09 pm

OMG we used to LOVE Boboli! I forget about it all the time but my mom made it almost every weekend growing up.

Laura July 29, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Oh beer, nachos & a patio, perfect summer nights.

Shanna July 29, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Murphy looks like he wants some eats in that first picture ;)

Cynthia (It All Changes) July 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Teachers are a great group and a lot more fun than they let their students know. And all puppers are great. Murphy poses so well for you.

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle July 29, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Holy pizza!!! That looks so delish! haha I’ve been craving pizza like no other the past few weeks

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 29, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Wow…that pizza looks awesome!!! Sounds like you guys had a great night!!

The Wife of a Dairyman July 29, 2010 at 11:45 pm

What a cute pub! The bar menu looks Good….I’d be all over those nachos:)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) July 29, 2010 at 11:50 pm

That pub looks awesome!!! Perfect for spending a warm summer evening :)

Rebekah July 29, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I just made some overnight oats as well. It seems as if I never want to make them at night when I am tired, but I always appreciate so much in the morning when I wake up and breakfast is ready and waiting.
    p.s. the pizza looks great!

Chelsey July 30, 2010 at 12:10 am

i <3 pugs too. my sisgter has one – we are always joking around she is so ugly that she's actually cute!!!

I have almost the exact paint color on my master bedroom walls – i was scared of it at first, but now I absolutely love it!

Kerri@Kerri B Turns Into a Zombie July 30, 2010 at 12:43 am

I like the blue paint of the building. So bright! It makes you want to stop in.

Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 30, 2010 at 12:43 am

what an adorable brew house! i wanna pinch its cheeks.

Hannah July 30, 2010 at 1:10 am

I love that photo of you with Murphy! You really captured how much he means to you :)

Val July 30, 2010 at 1:42 am

Your pizza looked delicious!
    Have you tried Trader Joe’s pizza dough?
    It comes in white or whole wheat and I think it is super yummy.
    If you find yourself at a Trader Joe’s, I highly recommend you give it a try. It just might give the Boboli a run for its money.

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 30, 2010 at 4:39 am

Looks like a good night. Ain’t Murphy just the cutest!!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) July 30, 2010 at 4:51 am

Aaaah, that cheesy pizza is killing me! So want :D

Jenn

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 30, 2010 at 7:16 am

Always good to see Murphy. Looks like a good local brew pub.

Emily @ Beyond The TextBook July 30, 2010 at 7:18 am

I didn’t realize Mal was a teacher….yah teachers! What grade does he teach?

megan July 30, 2010 at 7:18 am

You should try the Allgash White next time – one of my favorites!

Tina July 30, 2010 at 7:36 am
    Tina July 30, 2010 at 7:37 am

@megan: It’s one of my favorites too! :) I wanted to try something new last night.

Julie July 30, 2010 at 7:37 am

The Brewhouse!!! Love that place! They have great beers and good bar food. If you drink all 100 beers (I think it’s that many…) you get a plaque!

Rosey Rebecca July 30, 2010 at 7:39 am

I love big beer menus at restaurants. I went to Publik House last year, per your suggestion, and was so excited to see their book-length beer menu!

As always, Murphy pics are great! Is he going to be an Operation Beautiful cheerleader next week, too!? I hope so! :-)

Sara July 30, 2010 at 8:00 am

Olala, buffalo nachos?! Sounds like something up my alley ;-) Did you watch the new Jersey Shore?? LOL so funny!

Janna (janna's keeping it real) July 30, 2010 at 8:01 am

Murphy is so cute!

Ok, it’s official. Enough of just drooling over them. Time to get down to business…Must.make.scuffins this weekend! I have an abundance of zucchini though, think that would work?! I’m going to give it a whirl.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) July 30, 2010 at 8:04 am

Yay ithaca! I went to Ithaca college! The apricot wheat is the best!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman July 30, 2010 at 8:10 am

That statuesque close-up of Murphy makes him look like an old English man, like Mr. Belvedere. Love it.

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) July 30, 2010 at 8:13 am

There aren’t any dogs in my house at the moment, so Murphy’s pictures are the next best thing. :mrgreen: Love it!

Carla July 30, 2010 at 8:14 am

Hi Tina! I know that you get bombarded with a million comments and emails…but I was wondering if you could tell me what that beautiful color on your walls is called!?!?! I know that it’s so off topic (nothing to do with pugs or teachers) but I love that color!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 30, 2010 at 8:16 am

I usually like white wheat beers. I find them very smooth. Keith’s White is my favourite.

Paula July 30, 2010 at 8:32 am

Tina I just love Murphy! I am a beagle girl and have owned them all my life (just about) but would definitely consider getting a pug! Adorable. Thanks for posting the pics! They make my day!

Tina July 30, 2010 at 8:42 am

@Carla: It’s called “Sweet Blue” from Behr.

Trish July 30, 2010 at 9:34 am

OMG!! I used to live in the apartments right next to the Brewhouse. I used to go there all the time. :-)

Jenny July 30, 2010 at 9:42 am

So I saw a couple walking TWO pugs yesterday, one of them looked like Murphy, and the other one was all black. I could not help but think of you guys! :)

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun July 30, 2010 at 10:20 am

Murphy is soooooo cute!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write July 30, 2010 at 11:52 am

It’s funny Mal didn’t want to be on the blog. My husband says that all the time. “Not today, babe.”

Ananda July 30, 2010 at 12:10 pm

LOL, what’s up with your comments on BeeraDay.net?

Emilyeatsclean July 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Pug love….how adorable!! :)

Amber K July 30, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Boboli is definitely tasty, but I haven’ thad it in years because of the crazy chemical-filled list. I just don’t think I could enjoy it anymore!

Red Head, Yellow Dog July 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm

mmm I see allagash white on the menu! one of my faves!! i’m kind of craving one now..too bad it’s 1:30 and there’s work to be done :)