• Pizza + Scuffins

July 28, 2010

Oops. I definitely overdid it tonight. Too much good food!!! Now my belly kind of hurts. Wahhh. 😕 But, tomorrow is a new day. Less pizza, fewer scuffins! 😉

Mal and I met Blain, my webmaster, at the Hancock Tavern for dinner this evening. Mal borrowed some computer software from Blain the other day, so we made plans to hang out and so Mal could return it.

When we arrived at the Hancock Tavern, we sat outside on the back patio.

We were chatting and enjoying ourselves when this weird, drunk guy invited himself to sit down at our table. It was sooo awkward! Our waitress saw the whole thing happen, so she politely offered to move us inside away from the crazy dude. She totally saved the day! 😉

Once (safely) inside, we placed our dinner order with our waitress. I had a garden salad with honey mustard on the side. (Somehow my salad only cost $1.95! What a deal! 😀 )

I also shared a Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Mal. Well, he ate most of it. I had 2 slices.

Mmm… my favorite kind of meal! :mrgreen:

When I got home from dinner, I headed straight to the kitchen. I had scuffins on my mind– specifically, Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffins! I saw them on Angela’s blog this morning and couldn’t get them out of my mind all day.

I followed the recipe almost exactly, but I didn’t have raisins in the house, so I substituted chopped dates. I think the dates were a nice addition! 😀

These Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffins are absolutely outstanding. I was planning to enjoy them for breakfast tomorrow morning, but I ended up eating two tonight. I could not wait until morning. The smell alone made me want to eat one ASAP!

If you’re thinking about making these scuffins, do it!! You will not be disappointed!

I’m catching up with my DVR and then hitting the hay. G’night!

Katie July 29, 2010 at 7:40 am

The pizza looks so good! So glad the waitress saved the day with the drunk guy, lol, what an awkward situation for sure!

Saw those on Angelas Blog and they do look amazing as ever!!! I like that you used dates too!

Have a great day! xoxo

Krystina July 29, 2010 at 7:49 am

Angela’s scuffins definitely sound fantastic!

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged July 29, 2010 at 7:58 am

@Evan Thomas: I totally thought the exact same thing! Although I’d probably have actually taken a shot with the crazy dude, drunk people amuse me to no end…as long as they’re not riled up!

shelly@campinggirlchronicals July 29, 2010 at 8:11 am

Looks like Murphy has already hit the hay :)

RhodeyGirl July 29, 2010 at 8:11 am

I saw those too and wanted to bake them… except I can’t bake!

Sami July 29, 2010 at 8:24 am

I saw that recipe from Ang, too! She has got some real talent concocting recipes like that! Between these carrot cake scuffins and the banana soft serve parfaits, she’s got me drooling over her foods allll the time!

ashleigh July 29, 2010 at 8:55 am

Pizza and salad is my favorite meal! Cute picture of murphy + scuffin :)

Kendel @ Eating Abroad July 29, 2010 at 9:18 am

Is the photo of you you and your webmaster…. or you and the drunk guy? Or are they one in the same? Hmm… so mysterious! (I’m going with Blain, he doesn’t look drunk or weird enough to be your unwelcome visitor.)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 29, 2010 at 9:36 am

Haha that’s so funny about that drunk guy! Being in university, I tend to have a LOT of those encounters. 😛

I saw those scuffins on Angela’s blog and I can’t wait to make them!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun July 29, 2010 at 9:42 am

Mmmm…I love your recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza, how did this one compare? 😀

Wendy July 29, 2010 at 9:52 am

I heart pizza – ordering in on Friday! Multigrain crust, easy cheese, pep, back bacon and mushroom! I can’t wait!

Kim (Imperfectly Perfect) July 29, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I noticed those scuffins on Angela’s site yesterday and can’t wait to give them a try! The addition of the dates was a great idea!!

Emily @ The Happy Home July 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm

alright, i need to know– where on earth do you find the time to bake and cook?! i come home after work (and sitting in traffic) and can barely get the energy to drag myself to my pajamas, let alone make scuffins. but they look really good :-)