• A Delayed Start

July 2, 2010

So, my long weekend got off to slow start. :-? I forgot about a few loose ends that I needed tie up before the end of the day, so I put my nose to the grindstone and busted it out!

While I worked, I watched these two clowns play in the kitchen. I’m pretty sure Murphy now knows the word for “cheese.”

IMG_0002.JPG

A little while later, it was time to enjoy the weekend! :-D I broke into a bottle of Chardonnay from Westport Rivers, a local winery in southeastern Massachusetts. I have yet to visit, but it’s on my list! My blog buddy, Meghan, highly recommends it!

_MG_3015.JPG

While sipping my glass of wine, I snacked on some Doctor Kracker Seeded Spelt crackers, which are certified USDA Organic! ;-)

_MG_3020.JPG

Mal took the reigns on dinner tonight, but Murphy and I helped a little bit too.

IMG_0006.JPG

For dinner, Mal made a wonderful recipe from Men’s HealthSeared Scallops with White Beans and Bacon.

I’m not going to lie, we were both pretty surprised how well this meal turned out. It was on par with a meal you’d get at a restaurant! So delish!

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

This recipe is definitely a keeper! :-D

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Mal and I are hanging at home tonight. We have 2012 on DVD to watch. I LOVE John Cusack, so I’m looking forward to it.

Enjoy the start of your weekend!!! :mrgreen:

joan July 2, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Great movie!

mary July 2, 2010 at 7:32 pm

WOW! I am impressed! This looks so good. I have actually never had scallops but these pictures are making me want to try them!

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) July 2, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Wow…that meal is stunning! Seriously. It’s almost too pretty to eat. :D

Enjoy the movie! I’ve been meaning to watch that one for a while now. :D

Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 2, 2010 at 7:40 pm

YUM, what a dinner!!!! Scallops, wine, a good movie, and the man you love? Does it get better? Methinks no.

Evan Thomas July 2, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Bacon makes everything better. Definitely adding it to the grocery list this weekend

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 2, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Scallops are one of my favorite foods from the sea! You got a lot of sh*t done today!!!

Lisa July 2, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Oh that looks tasty! I was telling the BF that I’ve been craving scallops for awhile now.Neither of us know how to prepare them though. We’ll try this!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 2, 2010 at 7:48 pm

I love scallops!!! They’re so much fun to eat! And you definitely didn’t get a delayed start..you got so much done today- even before most of us were even awake!

Kaz July 2, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Whoa, that looks tasty!

I did not quite care 2012, and I love John Cusack. Hopefully you enjoy it much more than I did! :D

The Wife of a Dairyman July 2, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Wow! That dinner does look like it comes from a restaurant….good job Mal. Looks SO tasty and perfect with wine I’m sure:)

Taylor @ Changing Habits July 2, 2010 at 8:00 pm

That dinner looks amazing! Great movie.

Trish July 2, 2010 at 8:04 pm

OMG! I have such a huge crush on John Cusack. And your dinner looks so amazing. WOW! You’re killing me though. I am so hungry right now and am stuck at work for another hour. I already ate my snack. I am about ready to nibble on my fingers.

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 2, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Wow, I don’t even like scallops, but the dish is mouthwatering.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Those scallops look perfect. I have such a tough time cooking those little guys.

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss July 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Dinner definitely looks like a keeper … just like Mal. ;)

Lacey @ Lake Life July 2, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Ohhh your dinner looks so delish. I have a recipe like this saved and was putting off trying it. I’m definitely going to now!!

Janna July 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Awesome dinner!….That movie is god awful lol

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 2, 2010 at 8:38 pm

That dinner looks delicious!

Hannah July 2, 2010 at 8:41 pm

There’s something about scallops that just screams “restaurant”, isn’t there? THat said, I’ve never cooked them myself :P Your dish looks amazing though!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) July 2, 2010 at 9:00 pm

love john cusack too. when my first boyfriend in h.s. broke up with me i watched “say anything” and “better off dead” about a million times.

Meghan@traveleatlove July 2, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I loooooove white beans! They are so creamy, they make everything taste decadent. What a great pairing!

Jackie July 2, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Dinner looks amazing. I have been looking for a new recipe for scallops so I’ll have to give this one a try. Your pup is too cute. We had pugs growing up, before anyone had ever really heard of them.

Amy B @ Second City Randomness July 2, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Have fun with your night in! Let me know what you think of the movie- I really wasn’t a fan… :( Which was unfortunate because I generally have no issues with Mr. Cusack….

Laura July 2, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I love Scallops, they are such a prefect ingredient!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston July 2, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I love John Cusack too and 2012 was pretty good!! Your dinner looks yummy!

Maren July 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Looks delish, can’t wait to try it.

Wei-Wei July 2, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Oh, I love scallops! Your meal definitely looks fancy-gourmet. I like it when Mal cooks ;)

Wei-Wei

Cynthia (It All Changes) July 2, 2010 at 10:22 pm

You meal looks so professional.

Murphy looks like he wants to help eat too :-)

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) July 2, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Way to go Mal! Beautiful looking dinner! Enjoy your weekend guys!

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 2, 2010 at 11:30 pm

oh my goodness…seared scallops AND white beans AND bacon?!?! what a perfect friday night meal!

Anne @ Your Kind of Salad July 2, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I LOVE Westport Rivers! Seriously, its a Mass hidden gem :) They have an amazing open house/tasting/family day the Saturday after Thanksgiving; my girlfriends and I have been going for years; and its always amazing! Enjoy your long weekend!

Mama Pea July 3, 2010 at 12:22 am

What is going on with Men’s Health? It used to be a photo depiction of “a can of chili” + “a can opener” + “a bag of chips” + “preshredded cheese” = “NACHOS!” It was the Sandra Lee of men’s magazines. I read it for the articles. ;)

Mo@MommyRD July 3, 2010 at 12:23 am

I love scallops and have made something similar in the past. I’m going to try this recipe cuz I forgot what a great combo it is. Chardonnay is the perfect pairing with scallops. great start to the weekend!

diana(mymarblerye) July 3, 2010 at 7:34 am

is it wrong that I think it’s “hott” that Mal reads Men’s Health?! hahahaha I love that you both are so healthy…and buff! ;)

Mackenzie @ Whatever, Gatsby July 3, 2010 at 8:00 am

That face. Makes. Me. Die. Everytime! I don’t know how you got so much done, especially with Murphy’s goofy face starin’ at you with those eyes. I would have succumbed to dog napping or something, hahahaha!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

That dinner looks so gourmet! I wish I weren’t allergic to scallops. :(

QuarryLaneFarms July 3, 2010 at 8:49 am

nice crust on the scallops. Good job.

Rebecca July 3, 2010 at 9:36 am

That wine looks good! Your dinner does look like something you’d see in a restaurant!

Mari July 3, 2010 at 9:43 am

That meal looks great!! Love seeing pics of Murphy on your blog! He’s so cute!!

Marissa July 3, 2010 at 9:57 am

I’ve always thought that its funny that the year I’m graduating high school is the year the world is going to end! Hah, and what’s even funnier is that part of me really does believe it… :/

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt July 3, 2010 at 10:36 am

Oh! That looks wonderful! If it even tastes HALF as good as it looks then it is a keeper.

Sarah R July 3, 2010 at 11:28 am

That dish looks fantastic! You could have told me you went out to dinner and I would have believed it for sure.

Pam (IIN Health Coach) July 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Wow the meal looks so gourmet, big points for Mal!!
    It’s great having a man who can cook!

Brynne July 3, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Yumm I love scallops! And Murphy :0)

Lindsay July 8, 2010 at 9:29 am

Hi! I made this recipe last night. I am not much of a cook, but figured it was an easy enough recipe to follow. Of course yours looked much better than mine (I should have torn apart the spinach and my beans got a little mushed). But it did taste pretty good! I might try to make it again, but with a few changes… I made it for my boyfriend and his brother and they both said it tasted good!