• Welcome to Philadelphia

June 4, 2010

I’m lovin’ Philly! What a cool, little city! :-D

So, first things first, THE HOTEL!! As you know, I am a tad obsessed with all things hotels. I can’t help but take photos and blog about them. Maybe my next blog will be a hotel blog?! ;-)

_MG_1591.JPG

We’re staying at the fancy-schmancy Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia. The hotel lobby is swanky, sophisticated, and modern.

_MG_1586.JPG _MG_1594.JPG_MG_1588.JPG

My room is similarly funky and fun.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

I LOVE the huge shower in the bathroom!

(Yep, I’m totally obsessed.)

IMG_0007.JPG

Lunch

After we checked in to the hotel, Sabrina, Jenna, Anne, and I headed to lunch at Di Bruno’s, an indoor farmers’ market and eatery. The place was basically a foodie’s paradise.

_MG_1595.JPG

_MG_1596.JPG

After wandering around for awhile, checking out all of the options, I finally decided on a Cheddar-Jalapeño Bagel.

_MG_1598.JPG

And, on the side, I had some grilled veggies.

_MG_1600.JPG

I also drank a can of grapefruit-flavored seltzer with lunch. I really enjoyed eating outside and chatting away with the girls.

_MG_1613.JPG

Sabrina tricked me into drinking decaf iced coffee this morning, so, by afternoon, I was plagued with a serious caffeine-withdrawal headache. So, I took a pit-stop at the ING Direct Cafe for a caffeinated iced coffee with soy milk. Apparently, I have a caffeine “problem.” :-?

_MG_1617.JPG

Then, we strolled over to Rittenhouse Square, where we took some fun photos! :-D

IMG_8264.jpg

Our final destination of the afternoon was Phileo Yogurt for a blogger/reader meet-up.

_MG_1654.JPG

_MG_1655.JPG

I’m not sure what I was expecting at Phileo, but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It’s make-your-own fro-yo with toppings. Loved it! :mrgreen:

_MG_1622.JPG

_MG_1624.JPG

_MG_1627.JPG _MG_1628.JPG_MG_1637.JPG

I filled my bowl with Cake Batter, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, and Oreo Cookie-flavored fro-yo and then added peanut butter chips, cookie dough chunks, chocolate spinkles, and white chocolate chips. It was so delicious. I really wished I had filled my cup more!

_MG_1641.JPG

A fabulous group of women came out for the meet-up this afternoon. I loved chatting with everyone!

_MG_1652.JPG

_MG_1646.JPG

_MG_1647.JPG

_MG_1653.JPG

Now, Jenna, Anne, and I are enjoying a glass of wine from the hotel’s happy hour while blogging. It’s not a bad way to end the afternoon! ;-)

_MG_1662.JPG

Cocktail party and dinner next!

P.S. Exciting news!!! I’m one of the three winners for the Stonyfield Barnstorming Tour!!! I’m absolutely thrilled! :mrgreen: I can’t wait to share my adventures with all of you! Many thanks for those of you who voted for me!

Amy June 5, 2010 at 12:56 am

I love the guy in the background of the ING building! What a snazzy looking hotel!

Fi June 5, 2010 at 2:11 am

No I love hotels too! My dream job would involve visitng lots of cities around the world and living in lots of hotels. I love going into a new hotel and “discovering” everything, the hidden refridgerator in the TV cabinet, the thick silky sheets, flicking through the hotel service book (and menu!), exploring the facilities (pool/spa/sauna!!) jumping on the bed (at least a little) and checking out the view! I would totally be a major fan of the new blog, at LEAST as much as this blog!

amanda June 5, 2010 at 4:39 am

I love the hotel too. Also congrats on being a winner for the contest

MelissaNibbles June 5, 2010 at 6:52 am

Looks like fun. I love hotels and travel too. I know you’re always looking for new blogs, you might like this blog http://thejetpacker.com/ It’s about two friends who try to travel high class on a middle-class budget. It’s my fave travel blog to read and no, I’m not affiliated with them in any way. I just like their blog :)

sarah (the SHU box) June 5, 2010 at 9:15 am

loved the recap except for one thing — as a philly native, i have to point out that philadelphia isn’t ‘little’ – it’s bigger than boston :) looks like tons of fun!

Annie June 5, 2010 at 9:15 am

Looks like so much fun…. you are so lucky to get trips like this!! Congrats on the Stonyfield contest, that sounds amazing :-)

Marissa June 5, 2010 at 9:29 am

Don’t worry; my favorite part about traveling ever since I was a little kid was always the hotel! I just find them so relaxing and comforting. And I’m THIS close to making a special, out-of-state trip to find a self-serve frozen yogurt place! It looks so good!

Casey @ Chasing Casey June 5, 2010 at 11:04 am

What a fun afternoon. Congrats on the stoneyfield contest! That hotel looks awesome. Hope it’s a great place to stay. And I’m totally jealous of all those flavors of fro-yo! My local places only have 5 max!

Mari June 5, 2010 at 11:53 am

Congratulations on the Stonyfield contest!! I love reading your blog every day so I’m glad to see that you were selected!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers June 6, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Definitely the coolest hotel room ever! Congrats on the Stonyfield Tour!! I can’t wait to hear all about it :)

Alex @ IEatAsphalt June 6, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you on Friday! I hope you enjoyed your weekend in Philly. You definitely got to see some great places.