• Stella

June 3, 2010

Tonight, Sabrina, Anne, Jenna, and I were treated to a wonderful dinner at Stella.

IMG_0025.JPG

Stella is an upscale pizzeria in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia.

_MG_1550.JPG

The menu included a unique selection of pizzas– from your basic Margherita to more interesting varieties like Pistachio and Tartufo.

_MG_1561.JPG

_MG_1549.JPG

_MG_1563.JPG

While deciding what to order for dinner, we ordered a round of drinks. I went with the house white wine.

_MG_1569.JPG

I started our meal with a Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad, which was served with orange slices and shaved parmesan. The beets were fresh and perfectly prepared. I <3 beets, especially when I don’t have to cook them! ;-)

IMG_0001.JPG

For the main entree, the four of us split three pizzas.

Margherita
    San Marzano tomato, buffalo mozzarella, and basil

IMG_0008.JPG

I love dining with food bloggers! :mrgreen:

IMG_0009.JPG

Pistachio
    Red onion, pistachios, fontina, and extra virgin olive oil

IMG_0011.JPG

I absolutely loved the Pistachio pizza and did not stop talking about it all night long. Toasted pistachios on pizza = holy delicious! :-D Who would have thought?! The fontina cheese was a seriously delicious flavor compliment to the pistachios.

IMG_0015.JPG

Tartufo
    Black truffle, fontina, egg, parmesan

IMG_0018.JPG

The Tartufo pizza was also something special. Before we dug in, our server broke an egg on top and spread it over the pizza. The combo of black truffle + parmesan cheese was to die for. Loved this one too!

IMG_0019.JPG

My dinner dates!

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

1.jpg

I love these ladies!! It’s crazy to think that we all met over the Internet. Well, ok, I guess it’s not that weird now-a-days. ;-)

Time to face-plant into bed. I’m exhausted!

Amanda@lessonsinmoderation June 4, 2010 at 9:41 am

That Tartufo pizza looks amazing! Pizza for lunch and pizza for dinner…that’s what I’m talkin’ about! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 4, 2010 at 9:43 am

hhh a pistachio pizza! That must have been incredible! Glad to see you’re havin a rockin time with the blogger meet up so far :)

Stacy (StacyGrowsHealthy) June 4, 2010 at 9:52 am

Those pizza’s looks great. That must have been interesting having the egg over the pizza.

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 4, 2010 at 10:19 am

that’s hilarious that the blondes and the brunettes were sitting on separate sides of the table…i don’t know why, i just thought it was cute :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 4, 2010 at 10:25 am

Holy wow.. those pizzas sound amazing!!!! And is it just me or is Jenna practically GLOWING in those photos?

Kelly June 4, 2010 at 10:28 am

Welcome to my city! Have fun, wish I could get out of work to meet you!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) June 4, 2010 at 11:12 am

I LOVE pizza. It is quite possibly my favorite food. That restaurant looks amazing!

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy June 4, 2010 at 11:54 am

Mmm..pistachio pizza! I should try that one at home!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear June 4, 2010 at 2:37 pm

You all look so funny with your big cameras :D my boyfriend thinks I’m bad with my tiny pocket camera, I would like to see his face if I would have a real camera with me, hahaha.

kirsten June 4, 2010 at 2:40 pm

you ladies are all gorgeous! :)

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble June 4, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I love the picture of all of you with your cameras! Too cute! Looks like you all are having a blast!

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged June 6, 2010 at 8:06 am

Pistachio sounds so unique! Everyone makes fun of me for putting slivered almonds on my pizza when we make it at home, but seriously…nuts belong on pizza. It’s a winning combo.