• Bright and Colorful

June 16, 2010

I love bright, bold colors, especially when it comes to fresh flowers! :mrgreen:

IMG_0010.JPG

I also love these colors when it comes to decorating my home as seen here, here, and here. However, when it comes to what I wear, I often pick neutral colors. I typically wear black with gray, hunter green, and navy thrown into the mix. But, ever since Murphy came into my life, I’ve tried to expand my color pallet.

If you own a pug, wearing black is a total disaster. They shed like crazy! Sometimes, not even a lint brush can help me! So, lately, I’ve incorporated brighter colors into my wardrobe as seen here and here. I didn’t realize it at first, but wearing bright colors makes me happy! :-D

Breakfast

Now that there’s Barney Butter in my house, it’s the only thing I can think about eating. As soon as I got out of bed this morning, I headed straight for the kitchen to get my BB fix. This stuff is trouble! ;-)

IMG_0004.JPG

I topped a toasted Sandwich Thin with Barney Butter and banana slices.

IMG_0005.JPG

I also enjoyed a glass of Birthday Cake iced coffee with soy milk.

IMG_0009.JPG

Feel Great Weight

I receive a lot of questions about how I am able to enjoy the “bad” foods so often and not gain weight. This week’s post is about how I balance my choices: Go Ahead and Indulge! 3 Sneaky Ways to Plan for Diet Splurges.

ThinkFood

Exciting news, guys! One of my recipes is published in a real live cookbook! :-D

ThinkFood_Cover.jpg

My recipe is published in a cookbook called ThinkFood, which features 50 brain-healthy recipes from bloggers around the globe. The cookbook features snacks, appetizers, sides and salads, main course and desserts. I’m sure you can guess which type of recipe I contributed! ;-)

Starting today, you can sign up for the Recipe of the Week, which will give you access to all 50 of the recipes in the cookbook for free. Every Wednesday, you’ll receive one recipe from the ThinkFood cookbook in your email inbox. Each recipe includes a photo, blogger bio, and information about its brain-healthy ingredients. (If you’d like to purchase a hardcopy of the ThinkFood cookbook, they’ll be available in mid-July.)

And, if having my recipe published in a cookbook wasn’t enough, guess who’s recipe is kicking off the Recipe of the Week campaign?! Yep, my recipe!! So, be sure to sign up to receive a printable version of my (cookie) recipe! :-D

What colors do you incorporate into your life? Your home? Office? Attire?

Kellie June 16, 2010 at 11:32 am

I usually wear black, but I went shopping this weekend to find dresses to wear to vegas and I am so proud of myself. I picked hot pinks and bright colors. I am really blonde and fair so bright colors look so much better on me. I am making an effort to not buy so much black.

Laura (BFoxyFitness) June 16, 2010 at 11:56 am

Ooooh! Love the flowers–so summery! I lean toward borderline-tacky-bright colors (esp. hot hot hot pink!), but when I decorate I try to keep it contained to a modern “pop” of color (e.g. bright wall here, bright frame there). My extravagant color tastes do tend to show up in my workout wardrobe, however. Nothing like a bright tank top to get you amped for the gym :) Congrats on the cookbook!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) June 16, 2010 at 12:09 pm

HAPPY 30th TINA!!! Awesome job having a recipe in Think Food!

Wei-Wei June 16, 2010 at 12:13 pm

O_O You’re in a COOKBOOK! You’re awesome, Tina! The cookbook looks awesome. :) Have a great day today! :D

Wei-Wei

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly June 16, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Congrats on the cookbook…I saw those cookies and they look wonderful!

ashleigh June 16, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Congrats on being in a cookbook, way to go!

I love wearing bright colors.. especially pink!

Andrea @ Sweet N Green June 16, 2010 at 12:31 pm

That’s awesome about the cookbook! So exciting! :)

Beth @ DiningAndDishing June 16, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I’m blonde with pale skin so I really like to wear colors and patterns. I think it helps me not look blah! My favorites are pinks and purples :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 16, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Congrats on being in the cookbook! That is so exciting!

I wear a lot of gray, black and navy in the winter but I add a lot of colour in the summers. I love corals and fuschias!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 16, 2010 at 12:39 pm

My wardrobe pretty much consists of three colors- black, the staple; blue, which I look best in; and pink, which is my favorite! I tend to wear a lot of black just because it’s so easy to match and always flattering, but bright colors make me happy too- it’s always a good day when I’m decked out in something cheery!

Jo June 16, 2010 at 12:49 pm

These days it seems my wardrobe is all black and white. I always say I’m going to add more color then I go shopping and come home with a black dress and/or top. Ridiculous. When I do add color, it’s always some shade of purple. I seriously need a wardrobe makeover!

Julie @ Pickley Pear June 16, 2010 at 12:53 pm

That’s so cool! I just printed the recipe. The cookies look SO good! So glad you like Barney Butter – it’s tough to find but there is one store near me in Detroit that carries it!

Tina June 16, 2010 at 12:55 pm

I’m signed up for the recipes. Bloggers always have the best recipes so I know these are going to be good to get.

And I think you look great in brighter colors! I loved you in the pink top you just wore in NY.

Megan June 16, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Hey Tina! This has nothing to do with today’s post, but I had to share my newest Oatmeal addition…Baby Food! I dont know if you’ve tried it, but I used some banana flavored baby food for my oatmeal pancakes one day when I didn’t have Cottage Cheese. It turned out so well, I bought a few jars of different flavors for future recipes. I grabbed another banana one this morning to put in my Oat Bran/Oatmeal concotion and it was soooo yummy – tasted like Banana Nut Bread!! I’m going to try Guava tomorrow =)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear June 16, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Good news, congrats!

I used to wear bright colours and still occassionally do but black is my favourite, has always been. I also use brown, dark green and now in summer sometimes pastel colours.

Lisa June 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I wear an insane amount of purple. I can’t really wear pastels or bright colors with my skin tone. I stick to dark/cool colors.

Heather @ Junk Food Break Up June 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Congrats on making it into the cookbook! And great article too :-)

When I need a pop of color I can never go wrong with a nice, bright red…that and pink are probably my favorite cheerful colors.

Debbie June 16, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I just finished making your cookies and they are awesome! Congrats :o)

Brittany June 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm

So exciting that you are featured in a published cookbook. I signed up for the weekly enewsletter and your recipe looks fabulous!!

Jo June 16, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Well my laptop is purple! But I generally like blues and bright colors in my room. I’m getting a new apt soon and I’m really excited about actually putting a real room together then.

Hannah June 16, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Mmm, I brought one jar of Barney Butter home with me when I last visited the States, but I’m too scared to open it because I don’t want it to be gone! If delayed gratification were a colour, that’s what I’d be wearing :D

Laura June 16, 2010 at 8:53 pm

You flowers are stunning, i like white with flashes of color around, it’s awesome.

Wei-Wei September 5, 2010 at 10:26 am

Congratulations on making it into the cookbook!