• BWX + HW

May 11, 2010

Tonight, I attended a wonderful wine tasting at the newly-opened Boston Wine Exchange. The event was hosted by Healthworks, and it included a number of seasonal wines, food from Roly Poly, and raffle prizes. It definitely wasn’t a bad way to spend a Tuesday night! ;-)

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

The Boston Wine Exchange is a new shop in the Financial District that sells high-quality wine, spirits, and beer. They also have a fancy-schmancy wine tasting station as well as weekly in-store events.

IMG_0004.JPG

_MG_0749.JPG

_MG_0754.JPG

Tonight’s event started with tastes of spring-inspired wines. I don’t remember them all, but I really loved the Liberty School Chardonnay– lots of flavor, but not too oaky.

_MG_0762.JPG

_MG_0773.JPG

The Liberty School Syrah was also really good– full bodied and “chewy.”

_MG_0771.JPG _MG_0775.JPG

After trying the featured wines, it was time to test out the tasting machine! These babies are new to Boston, so I was really excited to give it a whirl.

_MG_0779.JPG

I think just about everyone was excited to give it a try! :-D

_MG_0781.JPG

I helped myself to a few more pours of the Liberty School Chardonnay. ;-)

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Healthworks members + the owner of the Boston Wine Exchange!

IMG_0011.JPG

You may recognize a couple of fellow Boston bloggers in this photo: Meghan and Melissa! I LOVED chatting with these ladies! We have a lot in common.

Fun event! Thanks, Healthworks and Boston Wine Exchange!! :mrgreen:

Food then BED! Good night!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is May 11, 2010 at 9:08 pm

What a cool event! We never have fun wine events around here.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) May 11, 2010 at 9:11 pm

You get to go to some great wine events! There are a couple cute wine bars near my new apartment so I’m looking forward to trying them out. :D

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 11, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Wow that event looks so fun! I love trying a pour of different wines – they have a place in NYC called Union Square Wines that does that. So good!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ May 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I couldn’t get passed it that they didn’t clean any of the chalk boards all the way before writing on them again. Maybe that’s just my OCD coming out. :)

Alyssa May 11, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Can you explain how the wine tasting machines work? Do you get to choose the size of your tasting, like 1 ounce, 2 ounce…whole glass? Do you have to deposit a ticket or money? And I see there are buttons on the machine..what are all the buttons above each of the wines about?

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 11, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! How awesome that you get to taste so many different wines!

Jill@QuarterLifeWelless May 11, 2010 at 9:53 pm

OMG I spot the Crios Malbec. Did you try it?! It is my absolute favorite wine!! I am always so jealous of your wine/beer tasting outings. My bf is just like Mal too, he LIVES for craft beers, I also love them, but have developed an allergy to beer over the years, not cool :-/

Marie May 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Hi Tina. I’ve been a follower for over a year and I have to say that after your few day hiatus (when I continued to read other blogs/articles/newspapers) and returning to your blog (and catching up on your past few days) I’ve realized your blog has become really infused with plugs for your store/Eggs/this alcohol stuff you’ve become involved. I’m glad you’re experiencing benefits from your hard work but I have to say I miss the old, normal posts. Either way, congrats on your achievements via your blog success.

Megan May 11, 2010 at 9:58 pm

I have been a daily blog reader for the last 2+years and you have all inspired me to start my own. My Story of weight loss is a little different then most. I would love for you so stop by and check it out. Keep up the great work!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 11, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Looks like another super fun event! I’ve never seen those taste-testing machines…how snazzy! ;)

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm

That’s a lot of wine!! :) Fun!

Jenn

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm

That’s a lot of wine! :D Fun!!

Jenn

Cynthia (It All Changes) May 11, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I’m always so jealous of all the local bloggers you have and have met. I hope to meet more bloggers soon.

Jodea - chillichocolatelover May 11, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Ooh, I’m craving red wine now… I am up at 3.30am UK time suffering jet lag from a US trip and think a nice glass would be just the ticket to help me snooze! Jx

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) May 11, 2010 at 10:36 pm

That sounds like a fun night!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) May 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm

fun fun fun! los angeles needs some events like this!

Tina May 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm

@Jill@QuarterLifeWelless: Yes, it was very good! I like one of their white wines too!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I LOVE wine tastings- that looks like an awesome venue too!!

Kait May 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Looks like a great event, I’ve never been to a tasting before but I love wine!!

Lisa May 11, 2010 at 10:49 pm

What a fun event!!

Emilyeatsclean May 11, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Looks like another awesome event that you got to attend. More blog envy! :)

-emily

Wei-Wei May 11, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Looks like an awesome event! I’ve only tasted wine and beer a few times, so I don’t know how to tell from a good and bad one. The machines look so cool! :D

Have a great night!

Wei-Wei

Hannah May 11, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I’m such a fan of Chardonnay – nothing like a good crisp dry white!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs May 12, 2010 at 2:37 am

You get to go to so many wine tastings! Do you get free bottles to take home fromeach one? It’d sure save some $ if you did :D Glad you had fun!

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 12, 2010 at 3:56 am

I am really intrigued by these tasting machines–I have never gotten to play with one before!

Megan May 12, 2010 at 5:34 am

How cool! It looks like you had a blast!

Daisy May 12, 2010 at 9:06 am

when you described that red wine as “chewey” you had me really intrigued. How is a wine chewey? (now i must try it). wicked cute pic of all you guys. of course i recognized melissa and meghan right away. love their blogs :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 12, 2010 at 10:43 am

you really get to do the most awesome things :) looks like a fabulous night!

Lena May 12, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I’ve recently found your blog and love reading your posts…thanks! I used one of those fancy wine machines at a cool wine/beer store in Columbus, OH. It was so much fun! Glad you enjoyed your experience.