• After the Bake-Off

April 12, 2010

Once the Pillsbury Bake-Off® ended, it was time for lunch. I sampled so many of the recipes at the Bake-Off, eating a full meal was just not appetizing to me. But, because I mostly indulged in desserts, I figured having some “real food” would probably do me some good.

IMG_0118.JPG

I checked out the spread at the lunch buffet, but I just wasn’t in the mood to eat. :-?

IMG_0122.JPG

But, the dessert display eventually changed my mind! ;-)

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0114.JPG

I ended up eating a small bowl of Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup and a tiny chocolate mousse pastry. Obviously, it was a Lunch of Champions! ;-)

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

After lunch, the blogger crew headed outside to enjoy the sunshine.

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

It felt GREAT to be outside! 8-)

IMG_0133.JPG

I love hanging out with food bloggers! :mrgreen:

IMG_0135.JPG

I enjoyed a fruity glass of white sangria while sitting by the pool.

IMG_0136.JPG

How adorable is this photo!?! Yay for Eggland’s Best and cute babies! :mrgreen:

IMG_0138.JPG

Awards recap coming next!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 12, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Hahaha I love how it was the dessert spread that motivated you to eat real food for lunch, even after those samples. I <3 your sweet tooth because mine is just as craaaaazy.

Jenny April 13, 2010 at 12:00 am

Agreed! I have a major sweet tooth- looks like a delish lunch to me!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 13, 2010 at 12:27 am

that lunch is indeed the lunch of champions! sounds amazing to me :)

Hannah April 13, 2010 at 12:31 am

You better tell us you slid down that slide!! :P What a lovely looking chocolate dessert – it’s always impressive to me when desserts made in large quantities actually taste good! I’ve had so many disappointing buffet desserts… but I guess Pillsbury knows what it’s doing! ;)

onehealthyapple April 13, 2010 at 12:55 am

Oh goodness- that dessert display would have sealed the deal with me! Babies and organic eggs totally make the cutest scene!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 13, 2010 at 1:20 am

wow – that mousse cake looks delicious!

Diana April 13, 2010 at 2:05 am

That soup and mousse look really yummy :) And that place looks beautiful!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) April 13, 2010 at 2:06 am

i like your lunch – my kinda thing!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs April 13, 2010 at 3:15 am

That hotel is SO gorgeous!! My gosh, what I’d do to go to a place like that – especially with the amount og amazing desserts that seem to be floating about….

Rachel April 13, 2010 at 6:28 am

The best part of the post is the beautiful poolside pictures:) Makes me want to hop on the next plane to FL! I can’t wait for the awards ceremony post – I wanna know the category winners! Wish you could tell us who the grand prize champion is too, but oh well…

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 13, 2010 at 6:34 am

Everything looks so delicious, I’d want it all!!

Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) April 13, 2010 at 6:41 am

Sitting poolside after eating chocolate mousse sounds like my idea of heaven.

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) April 13, 2010 at 7:04 am

Your lunch looks fab!! That’s one of my very favorite kinds of soups. :D

Kelly April 13, 2010 at 7:12 am

So jealous of the pool, it looks gorgeous!

Jill@quarterlifewellness April 13, 2010 at 7:38 am

White sangria poolside?! Life is good for Tina :-)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 13, 2010 at 7:43 am

I’m with you: Sometimes the best meals revolve around dessert. And that one looks delicious!

Jessica April 13, 2010 at 8:13 am

I’d probably have hit the dessert too if I didn’t have a lot of space for food. When we’re somewhere that dessert is being served, or a great dessert menu is on the table, i make sure I save room!

Ally @ Sweet & Savory April 13, 2010 at 8:26 am

That pacifier in the cute babie’s mouth must be on every store shelf, b/c we have the same one!

Erin at The Healthy Apron April 13, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Looks like you had a fun time!