• Whirlwind on the Horizon

March 12, 2010

Happy Friday! :mrgreen:

I’m so glad that the work week is just about over, but the next few days are going to be a whirlwind for me! More on that in a minute. ;-)

Breakfast

I started my morning with a bowl of oat bran + oatmeal. I’m really lovin’ oat bran. It adds so much creaminess.

IMG_7258.JPG

In the mix:

• 1/4 cup oats
    • 1/4 cup oat bran
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 tsp chia seeds
    • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 scoops Nuttzo

IMG_7255.JPG

I topped my bowl with almonds and raisins.

IMG_7257.JPG

I also enjoyed a glass of iced coffee with hazelnut milk. Delish!

IMG_7268.JPG

Bertolli + Big Apple

So, I have some exciting news to share with you guys!

Bertolli is getting ready to launch a new series of webisodes titled “Into the Heart of Italy: Six Adventures, Three Celebrities, One Mission… To Unlock the Secrets of Italian Passion for Food and Life.” It’s an online series that will feature celebrity chef Rocco Dispirito and actors Marisa Tomei and Dan Cortese as they explore the food and culture of Italy. Here’s a little preview.

To kick-off the series, they’re hosting a media lunch and premiere in New York City next week with Rocco, Marisa, and Dan, and I have been invited to attend with 10 other bloggers! Ahhhh! So cool, right!?! Obviously, I am VERY excited! Be sure to stay tuned for my adventures from the Big Apple next week! :mrgreen:

I have a big day ahead:

• Working from home
    • Book editing!!!
    • Conference call
    • Seminar and salmon tasting
    • Date night

And, I’m off! :-D

P.S. Check out my Deal of the Week! ;-)

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss March 12, 2010 at 11:57 am

Marisa Tomei? Cool! I’ve always liked her. Have fun. I’m jealous.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 12, 2010 at 12:04 pm

So cool. I’d love to meet Marisa Tomei. She seems to be all over the place lately, what with her hoola hooping promotion. Hope you get to snap a pic with her!

Tara March 12, 2010 at 12:10 pm

What an awesome opportunity. You’ll have a blast in NYC I’m sure.

Sarah (Running to Slow Things Down) March 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Oh girl, you are going to have a *blast* in NYC!! :mrgreen: How exciting is that??

I love adding oatbran to my oats. It adds creaminess *and* volume…yum! :D

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Wow, congrats!!!! SO exciting!

Tracie (@hollafoodzone) March 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm

That’s a VERY big deal – exciting too! Will be looking forward to reading all about it, and I’m sure you’ll have some great pictures!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) March 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Tina I am so excited for you!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim March 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Congratulations! I love your blog and love reading about the awesome opportunities that come your way because of it. Life is amazing, put what you want out into the universe and you will likely get it back! So inspiring.

Anusce@ciao-chow March 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm

This is awesome news!! how wonderful!!!! I will definitely look into it. It comes at such a great time as myself am in Italy now visiting my family and traveling around!!
    Thanks for sharing!

Anusce@ciao-chow March 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Sorry! I had to comment again! I just checked the Preview from the Bertolli Series and you will not believe it!!! THEY ARE IN MY TOWN!! The scene where the Parmigiano is rolled on the street is in LUCCA in its famous round piazza! It is my home town and I am here now. I will take pictures and share it with all of you!!!!!

Annie@stronghealthyfit March 12, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Congrats Tina! That’s such an awesome opportunity for you.

Danica March 12, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I am totally digging your oat bran/oatmeal combo – looks delish!

I am doing the Tweet up with Bertoli this weekend – Jealous you get to be in NYC for it – FUN!

Have a great day!

Allison K March 12, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Ooh! I saw the preview for that show on TV, it made me hungry! What fun!

Cynthia (It All Changes) March 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm

You’ve got a lot on your list and you can get it done.

azzurra March 12, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I’m italian and I have been watching you since August and I love your blog. I watch it every day!! It is one of my “must have” appointment!! ahah!! But I have never heard about this tv show!! It sounds good!!! greetings from Italy

Jenny March 12, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I loveeeeeeeeeee Marisa Tomei!! She is absolutely gorgeous! And your life is so exciting, I can’t wait to read more about it!

Hope you have a fabulous Friday night!

Angela @ A Healthy Fit March 12, 2010 at 4:36 pm

That is such awesome news! Can’t wait to read all about it. I am excited to be in Boston for the weekend, I’ll be going to Myers + Chang on Saturday.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 12, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Hope your having a wonderful day. :)

Cole March 12, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Congrats on the invite!

cassie March 12, 2010 at 11:01 pm

congrats… very exciting.. I’m a New Yorker.. you’re gonna have a blast…