• Up And At ‘Em

March 4, 2010

Waking up at 4:45 AM was so painful! Ugh. :-? If I hadn’t told Marie that I would go to Body Pump with her this morning, I would have definitely slept in. I guess having a gym buddy really works, huh?

Once I got moving, this morning’s class was great! The instructor reminded me of Vicky from The Real Housewives of Orange County with her frequent Wahoo!!! She sounded just like her! :lol:

On the chest track this morning, I dropped my weight by 5 pounds. Last class, I realized that a wider grip on the bar made it much more challenging because the weight was focused more on the chest muscles than distributed between the chest, shoulders, and triceps. With the wider grip, I definitely felt it! I even struggled with the push-ups at the end of the track and ended up doing most of them on my knees. My chest muscles felt like Jello! Love that! :-D

Even though it was tough motivating myself to get to Body Pump this morning, I was so happy that I went! I just need to remember how I felt after the class the next time I struggle to get out of bed.

Snack

Before heading to the gym, I snacked on a couple of Pumped-Up Pumpkin Cookies. I wasn’t hungry, but I figured that I needed some fuel for Body Pump.

IMG_6659.JPG

Breakfast

After Body Pump, I immediately poured myself a glass of iced coffee with hemp + soy milk. After a tough workout, it tasted so good when it hit my lips! :-D

IMG_6661.JPG

I took Murphy for a walk and showered before I had time to make breakfast, so I was famished by the time I whipped up some oatmeal. And, let me tell you, I went heavy on the ingredients this morning!

IMG_6667.JPG

In the mix:

• 1/4 cup oats
    • 1/4 cup spelt flakes
    • 1/4 cup Galaxy Granola
    • 1/4 vanilla hemp milk
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
    • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
    • Cinnamon
    • Vanilla extract
    • 2 scoops of peanut butter

IMG_6669.JPG

I loved all of the different textures in my oats this morning– chewy chia seeds, crunchy granola, creamy peanut butter. It was fun!

IMG_6671.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

Yuuummmm.

IMG_6676.JPG

With my morning workout over and done with, I’m trying a new schedule for today with writing in the afternoon. Hopefully, I can crank-out some words later today. I’m running out of time! 8-O

If you could change places with anyone for one day, who would it be?

Ellen March 4, 2010 at 10:42 am

I’d like to be in the shoes of someone who has what most people would consider to be a tough life—a single mom working two jobs, a homeless person, a burn victim, you get the idea.

I think it would help me put things into perspective and truly appreciate what I have and how easy life can be! I tend to sweat the small stuff, and I need to work on not taking things for granted.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather March 4, 2010 at 10:50 am

Gosh what a delicious bowl of oats! I love how much variety went into it.

Christina March 4, 2010 at 10:50 am

I would trade places with you anyday!!!

Freya @ foodfitnessandfreya March 4, 2010 at 10:52 am

Great looking breakfast!!
    Oh my that’s such a tough question….I’d love to change places with an American for the day actually – just a typical, run of the mill American – cos I really want to live there when I can (life dream!) so it’d be fascinating to ust experience their everyday life :)

Carolyn March 4, 2010 at 10:53 am

I haven’t been able to get to a Body Pump class because I’m behind in my 8K training and focusing on that. But, I can’t wait to get back to it.

MelissaNibbles March 4, 2010 at 10:54 am

I wake up at 4:30 for my workouts. You get used to it and it’s great not having to worry about fitting your workout into the rest of your day.
    I would switch places with Hillary Clinton for the day. She’s a badass and I’d love to see what it’s like being Secretary Of State. I think it’s such an interesting job.

Abby March 4, 2010 at 11:01 am

I would trade it with my dog! So I can sleep alllll day long!

Sophie @ yumventures March 4, 2010 at 11:01 am

I love that feeling during Body Pump too! I normally can’t walk down stairs after all those squats!

Janelle March 4, 2010 at 11:05 am

I would love to trade places with my 18 month old son. I would love to know what he does at day care for the day, and see myself through his eyes – I bet it would make me a better mother! And, playing, sleeping, and eating all day sounds great right now…

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 4, 2010 at 11:06 am

Great job going to class this morning!! I love getting my workout over with early!! I don’t think there’s a single person I’d want to change places with. :)

Crystal March 4, 2010 at 11:19 am

I feel like I need some relaxation in my life, so I would pick a random person living in the bush in solitude, next to a lake. Sounds nice, doesn’t it? :)

Tricia March 4, 2010 at 11:24 am

Just wanted to say thanks for re-introducing Body Pump in my life! I used to go allll the time and then got wrapped up in marathon training. You reminded me of how much I love it!
    (I even convinced the boyfriend to come with me tonight!)

as for the question of the day…I’d like to trade places with a beach bum right now! So sick of winter!

Felicia (Bites of the Apple) March 4, 2010 at 11:28 am

I’m not giong to lie, Vicky’s woo-hooing drives me insane, haha. But I’m glad that it was motivating for you! :)

Dani March 4, 2010 at 11:29 am

Anna Kournikova, I would love to play tennis and would jump at the opportunity to be able to be a pro for a day.

Kelly March 4, 2010 at 11:42 am

It would be really awesome to trade places with Oprah. The world would be your oyster.

Tamara from The Stretch Jean Incident. March 4, 2010 at 11:52 am

I would trade places with Anthony Bourdain in a heartbeat. Traveling the world and eating amazing food? Fuh-get about it.

Christie @ Honoring Health March 4, 2010 at 11:54 am

I’m content just being me but there are a few folks I would like to meet. Dr. Oz or Deepak Chopra for sure.

Ashley @ Good Taste. Healthy Me March 4, 2010 at 11:56 am

I get up at 5am in the morning. It’s definitely rough but getting your workout done first thing in the morning is the best feeling! You have the rest of the day to do as you wish!

Laurie March 4, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I would love to trade places with someone who lives in the Caribbean islands for a day. I don’t think I could live there but I wouldn’t mind waking up to that kind of scenery for a morning or two.

Lynn (The Actors Diet) March 4, 2010 at 12:19 pm

wow what a morning! i bet breakfast tasted extra good – it always does when you’re super hungry and have been up for a while…

Tasha March 4, 2010 at 12:25 pm

You have the pumpkiniest breakfast foods ever! :D

No trades for me. I like my life.

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) March 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Writing in the afternoon is the time that works best for me because I have fully woken up by then, and I hope it goes well for you too!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 4, 2010 at 12:50 pm

And for the millionth time I wish I could go to a Body Pump class SO bad!!! Call me crazy but I’m super jealous of you… even with the early wake up call.

Yummy oats!!!

I’d like to trade places with someone like Rachael Ray.

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) March 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm

I have tried waking up that early for workouts and just cant’ make it through my day, so I admire you for getting up and getting OUT! I’ve found recently, though, that waking up just 30 minutes earlier gives me enuogh time in my morning for a decent workout :-) love it!

Corinne March 4, 2010 at 1:01 pm

you go girl! it always feels SO good to get those hard workouts over with! what is your favorite track in body pump?? least favorite?? I HATE lunges but LOVE the squat track…interesting ha.

Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) March 4, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Good luck with writing today! I hope you have a day where the words just flow! I’m having a hard time getting motivated to work out, so I feel your pain! I also need to remember how awesome it feels to be done!

Tamizn March 4, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Yay to the early morning class, I can’t wait till my back is better so I can go to body pump! I wanted to ask, when your hip injury struck were you unable to exercise? how did you not put any weight on, I’m struggling : (
    I think I would trade places with madonna for a day I think that would be crazy but fun! x x

Jen March 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I would want to change places with someone who really enjoyed their life to the fullest and was living their dream…maybe Ellen Degeneres? She seems so centered, happy, joyful, giving. I’d like to feel it so I could follow the feeling in my own life when I came back to being me!

Kelly B March 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm

hmmm I’d switch places with President Obama just for the day, to see what it feels like to be the leader of our country–and see what he actually does on a daily basis. and because i’d never actually want his job, so one day would be enough!

Kelly B March 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Gwen March 4, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I would love to switch places with someone in the office of the First Lady – it’s kind of my dream job and I would just love to be one of her assistants and get to do so many interesting things!

macy March 4, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Only 5 photos of the oats?
    Why so few?

Heather March 4, 2010 at 2:20 pm

If I could change palces with someone for the day it would totally be a celebrity going to an awards show, how fun!

Hannah March 4, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Nigella Lawson – So I could be voluptuous and eat pudding all day :P

tw2 March 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm

For morning workouts, do you recommend eating a little something always? Is it bad to workout on an empty stomach?

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this one, particularly because I started working out in the morning, but I noticed that my body fat % actually went up! This could have been so many factors, but I just want to rule out one of them at a time. Is it the (early) morning workouts without food?
    thanks in advance!

Allison K March 4, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I would switch places with someone famous…..like Sarah Jessica Parker….just to see what it’s really like!

Malin March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Wow, you are insane! Working out that early is really impressive. And I have a hard time getting up before 8… ;)

Sonia- Master of Her Romaine March 4, 2010 at 3:41 pm

well, as long as we’re trading places with someone can we also go back in time? ;)
    I would love to trade places with Abraham Lincoln! Orrrr even Mary Todd! I recently read a book about them and they had SUCH a romance…loved it.

Deirdre March 4, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I think I would trade places with my mom. I’d love to see how she handles her stressful job, her volunteer commitees, her family, and her social life. She’s worked my entire life, but still managed to always be there for me, my siblings, and my dad.

Tara March 4, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I would love to trade places with Pink. I know it’s weird but I look her and her outlook on life! Her exercising habits don’t seem too bad either!! (:

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) March 4, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I can’t even imagine getting up that early! I had a hard time getting up at 5:20 this morning and plan on NOT doing that again tomorrow! Of course, you have a writing deadline and I don’t so maybe that makes all the difference? :-)

Those oats look fantastic! I haven’t really craved oats for a long time, but I’ll have to make them soon – that bowl is making my mouth water!

K

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I think I’ll have to get some spelt flakes and try that in my oatmeal. I would imagine it would add a good texture.

Georgia March 4, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I would like to trade places with a stay at home mom.. :) Or a photographer to see what it’s like.

Rachel March 4, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I am a morning person, so I wake up at 4:30am every morning, but I also go to bed early :) I don’t know who I would trade places with if I could…