• Seriously Delicious

February 16, 2010

It’s only lunchtime, but I’ve already enjoyed a seriously delicious day of eats.

I woke up bright and early for my Lose the Dough check-in and a workout at Healthworks. I got my stats taken and then ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill. (Post coming soon!)

After a quick shower, I met Mal, Beth, and Corey for breakfast at Mike & Patty’s.

Mike & Patty’s is one of my favorite places for breakfast, so, of course, we needed to bring our out-of-town guests there to enjoy it themselves.

I knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast: Grilled Banana Sandwich. Ever since the HLS last summer, I’ve been obsessed with it!

Holy, holy, holy yum! :mrgreen:

The Grilled Banana Sandwich was made with loads of honey cinnamon butter and sliced banana on thick slices of country white/sourdough bread.

Omg. Heaven.

I also drank an iced coffee with soy milk and cinnamon from Starbucks. (I grabbed it after my workout.)

After breakfast, we visited Harvard Square, walked around, and explored Harvard Yard.

Of course, we said ‘hello’ to John.

On our way back to our Southie, we took a pit-stop at Flour for some goodies.

How adorable is this quote!?!

And, how delicious do these baked goods look!?!

I could not decide what I to order from Flour. I pretty much wanted one of everything!

I ended up going with the Raspberry-Orange Coconut muffin. It just sounded too good to pass up!

IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5630.JPG

Lots more to come this afternoon. I have a blogging backlog!

P.S. Don’t forget that it’s Fashion Week at OpenSky! The Thomas Paul Pufferfish Wristlet in my shop is on sale for 25% off! Just enter FASHIONWEEK25 at check-out. :mrgreen:

Tina February 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm

@Cassandra: No, not usually.

Aileen February 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I have lived in Boston for several years, and I can’t believe I’ve never been to Mike and Patty’s! It looks so delicious — I’m definitely going to have to try it.
    I loved the rest of the reviews for your dining excursions this past weekend. M+C and Flour are two of my favorites!

Erica @ Fashion meets Food February 16, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Wow that grilled banana sandwich looks absolutely divine!!

Nora@LiveLifeEatRight February 16, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Oh.MY. GOOOOODDDNNEEESSS!!kdjsdfj That French toast looks out of this world, I think I need that. It would definitely be one of those “every bite is heaven, all smiles, I never want this to end meal.” That cupcake in front looks the best from your photo! I found a flour recipe for banana bread a while ago and it was fantastic. I added mini chocolate chips and extra walnuts but check it out: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giadas-weekend-getaways/flours-famous-banana-bread-recipe/index.html

Mandie @ (roaring)mama February 16, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Wow, you eat a lot of sweets! You’re so lucky you can do that while trying to get fit! I have to be super stict and eat clean while I’m training.

Nicole February 16, 2010 at 3:51 pm

What’s wrong with me? I need to go to Mike & Patty’s ASAP. It’s so close to me and I still have yet to make a visit. But after seeing your banana sammie (again), I should go there tomorrow for brunch!

Leena February 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm

that sandwich looks to.die.for! i love grilled banana sandwiches! especially with nutella… yum :)
    and all of those baked goods from flour look amazing as well! especially those scones!

Amie February 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Yum, yum, and more yum

Tricia February 16, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Nice work on your Lose the Dough update Tina!
    You rock, keep it up!

What’s with the downers like Madi on your blog? What a loser, carbs are awesome :-)

Alyssa February 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm

omg I never would have thought of a grilled banana sandwich!!! So good!

Oh, and last time I checked carbs/bread/grains are one the bottom on the food pyramid, just sayin’ :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I know I would order the Grilled Banana Sandwich @ Mike & Patty’s if I ever have the opportunity to dine there – sounds delish!

Can’t wait for your LTD post =]

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 16, 2010 at 4:47 pm

That would definitely be hard to pick ONE thing from that store – everything looks so good!

My husband and I really should be exploring our city more to find some great places to eat – everywhere you guys go looks delicious!

Run Sarah February 16, 2010 at 4:48 pm

That grilled banana sandwich looks to DIE for, yum!!!

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) February 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm

O.M.G! That banana sandwich looks aaaaaamaaaaaaazing! 😀

Tara February 16, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I’m going to have to agree with everyone else, the banana sandwich needs to come to me now! YUM!

kayla February 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thats too funny, my parents name’s are Mike & Patty. I never knew there was a restaurant named that, I will have to get them to go there sometime. Do you know if Mike and Patty’s is only in your city or if it’s a chain? I live in Omaha but may have to visit Boston now. :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) February 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm

i’ve actually been to flour! went there with my aunt when i was in town for t’giving. i wanted to try mike and patty’s after seeing it on your blog, but it was a little too far….

Coco February 16, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I have seriously been dying to go to Mike & Pattys for like a year now. I have to make it there sometime this week.
    Flour is soooo delish. I always try and stop there on my way to my internship. Have you tried South End Buttery??? You would love it!!! They have the cutest cupcakes and to-die-for Turkey Chili.
    I also wanted to let you know I tried that Physique 57 workout and I died!!! Such a lower-body blast!

Kathleen February 16, 2010 at 6:46 pm

WOW! That sandwich looks incredible, it looks like it would make a fantastic dessert! YUM!

Megan February 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I work at Flour! I’m pretty sure if I were a little taller, you’d have gotten me in your picture… I’m guessing I was in the back right corner next to the guy in the hat when you took this, probably making more muffins. Too funny! I hope you enjoyed your raspberry-orange coconut muffin. We keep changing that one — I liked it best when it was orange chocolate!

Jenna February 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

wow! that sure does look heavenly!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle February 17, 2010 at 2:49 am

Holy wow that banana sandwich looks bomb.com!!!