• Seriously Delicious

February 16, 2010

It’s only lunchtime, but I’ve already enjoyed a seriously delicious day of eats.

I woke up bright and early for my Lose the Dough check-in and a workout at Healthworks. I got my stats taken and then ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill. (Post coming soon!)

After a quick shower, I met Mal, Beth, and Corey for breakfast at Mike & Patty’s.

IMG_5618.JPG

Mike & Patty’s is one of my favorite places for breakfast, so, of course, we needed to bring our out-of-town guests there to enjoy it themselves.

IMG_5604.JPG

I knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast: Grilled Banana Sandwich. Ever since the HLS last summer, I’ve been obsessed with it!

IMG_5602.JPG

Holy, holy, holy yum! :mrgreen:

IMG_5611.JPG

The Grilled Banana Sandwich was made with loads of honey cinnamon butter and sliced banana on thick slices of country white/sourdough bread.

IMG_5612.JPG

Omg. Heaven.

IMG_5613.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

I also drank an iced coffee with soy milk and cinnamon from Starbucks. (I grabbed it after my workout.)

IMG_5603.JPG

After breakfast, we visited Harvard Square, walked around, and explored Harvard Yard.

IMG_5623.JPG

Of course, we said ‘hello’ to John.

IMG_5624.JPG

On our way back to our Southie, we took a pit-stop at Flour for some goodies.

IMG_5639.JPG

How adorable is this quote!?!

IMG_5638.JPG

And, how delicious do these baked goods look!?!

IMG_5627.JPG

I could not decide what I to order from Flour. I pretty much wanted one of everything!

IMG_5628.JPG

I ended up going with the Raspberry-Orange Coconut muffin. It just sounded too good to pass up!

IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5631.JPG

Lots more to come this afternoon. I have a blogging backlog!

P.S. Don’t forget that it’s Fashion Week at OpenSky! The Thomas Paul Pufferfish Wristlet in my shop is on sale for 25% off! Just enter FASHIONWEEK25 at check-out. :mrgreen:

Tina February 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm

@Cassandra: No, not usually.

Aileen February 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I have lived in Boston for several years, and I can’t believe I’ve never been to Mike and Patty’s! It looks so delicious — I’m definitely going to have to try it.
    I loved the rest of the reviews for your dining excursions this past weekend. M+C and Flour are two of my favorites!

Erica @ Fashion meets Food February 16, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Wow that grilled banana sandwich looks absolutely divine!!

Nora@LiveLifeEatRight February 16, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Oh.MY. GOOOOODDDNNEEESSS!!kdjsdfj That French toast looks out of this world, I think I need that. It would definitely be one of those “every bite is heaven, all smiles, I never want this to end meal.” That cupcake in front looks the best from your photo! I found a flour recipe for banana bread a while ago and it was fantastic. I added mini chocolate chips and extra walnuts but check it out: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giadas-weekend-getaways/flours-famous-banana-bread-recipe/index.html

Mandie @ (roaring)mama February 16, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Wow, you eat a lot of sweets! You’re so lucky you can do that while trying to get fit! I have to be super stict and eat clean while I’m training.

Nicole February 16, 2010 at 3:51 pm

What’s wrong with me? I need to go to Mike & Patty’s ASAP. It’s so close to me and I still have yet to make a visit. But after seeing your banana sammie (again), I should go there tomorrow for brunch!

Leena February 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm

that sandwich looks to.die.for! i love grilled banana sandwiches! especially with nutella… yum :)
    and all of those baked goods from flour look amazing as well! especially those scones!

Amie February 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Yum, yum, and more yum

Tricia February 16, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Nice work on your Lose the Dough update Tina!
    You rock, keep it up!

ps
    What’s with the downers like Madi on your blog? What a loser, carbs are awesome :-)

Alyssa February 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm

omg I never would have thought of a grilled banana sandwich!!! So good!

Oh, and last time I checked carbs/bread/grains are one the bottom on the food pyramid, just sayin’ :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I know I would order the Grilled Banana Sandwich @ Mike & Patty’s if I ever have the opportunity to dine there – sounds delish!

Can’t wait for your LTD post =]

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 16, 2010 at 4:47 pm

That would definitely be hard to pick ONE thing from that store – everything looks so good!

My husband and I really should be exploring our city more to find some great places to eat – everywhere you guys go looks delicious!

K

Run Sarah February 16, 2010 at 4:48 pm

That grilled banana sandwich looks to DIE for, yum!!!

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) February 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm

O.M.G! That banana sandwich looks aaaaaamaaaaaaazing! :D

Jenn

Tara February 16, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I’m going to have to agree with everyone else, the banana sandwich needs to come to me now! YUM!

kayla February 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thats too funny, my parents name’s are Mike & Patty. I never knew there was a restaurant named that, I will have to get them to go there sometime. Do you know if Mike and Patty’s is only in your city or if it’s a chain? I live in Omaha but may have to visit Boston now. :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) February 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm

i’ve actually been to flour! went there with my aunt when i was in town for t’giving. i wanted to try mike and patty’s after seeing it on your blog, but it was a little too far….

Coco February 16, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I have seriously been dying to go to Mike & Pattys for like a year now. I have to make it there sometime this week.
    Flour is soooo delish. I always try and stop there on my way to my internship. Have you tried South End Buttery??? You would love it!!! They have the cutest cupcakes and to-die-for Turkey Chili.
    I also wanted to let you know I tried that Physique 57 workout and I died!!! Such a lower-body blast!

Kathleen February 16, 2010 at 6:46 pm

WOW! That sandwich looks incredible, it looks like it would make a fantastic dessert! YUM!

Megan February 16, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I work at Flour! I’m pretty sure if I were a little taller, you’d have gotten me in your picture… I’m guessing I was in the back right corner next to the guy in the hat when you took this, probably making more muffins. Too funny! I hope you enjoyed your raspberry-orange coconut muffin. We keep changing that one — I liked it best when it was orange chocolate!

Jenna February 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

wow! that sure does look heavenly!
    jenna

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle February 17, 2010 at 2:49 am

Holy wow that banana sandwich looks bomb.com!!!