• Pug Loaf

February 4, 2010

Have you ever seen a pug loaf?

I just had to share this photo! It totally cracked me up! :lol:

J3zoipBQBpxank53ZCeZo8UIo1_500.jpg

My afternoon seems like it’s going to get pretty crazy, so I wrote my lunch post after breakfast today. It’s weird writing about lunch before I have actually eaten it, but this method seems to work for me– otherwise, who knows when lunch will get posted!

Lunch

For lunch today, I packed a container of plain Chobani Greek yogurt.

IMG_4646.JPG

And some more “lentil surprise.” (This stuff is never-ending!)

IMG_4647.JPG

And, finally, I enjoyed a Chickpea “Blondie” that I baked this morning. The recipe is from the baking genius over at Have Cake, Will Travel. And, my goodness is this recipe delicious! You’d never know that chickpeas were thrown into the mix.

Like usual, I made a few substitutions in the recipe: I used blackberry preserves instead of strawberry and all-purpose flour instead of brown rice flour. I also only made a half batch because I can’t be trusted around amazing goodies like this! Holy yum!

IMG_4649.JPG

Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt

Today is your last day to enter my Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt. I’m picking a winner in the morning!

My Claw-Foot Tub Con

Who knew there were so many claw-foot tub lovers out there!

I agree, claw-foot rubs add character and are a beautiful addition to a bathroom, but functionally, I don’t like them. From my experience, they’re hard to get in and out of, the shower curtain constantly sticks to you, and there’s no where to put your shower products. Plus, I’m not a bath person. I’d much rather take a long, hot shower than sit in a bath. Mal’s not a fan of claw-foot tubs either, so when we made our pro-con list last night, it was on the con side. So, that’s my reasoning. To each their own, right? ;-)

Busy afternoon ahead! See ya for dinnah! 8-)

Helen@Fresh Fit and Ready February 5, 2010 at 10:29 am

oh no, that loaf is wierd, not sure if I like it……! Chickpea blondies sound interesting though, I’ll check them out.

Jessica @ WHY DONTCHA RUN February 5, 2010 at 11:52 am

Oh! I’ve GOT to try those chickpea blondies! I swear… the (good-for-us) stuff we’re able to hide in dishes/desserts is crazy…

Catherine (FOOD SNOB) February 5, 2010 at 1:32 pm

We have a claw-foot, (which I love, even though I maybe take six baths per year,) and solved the product dilemma by getting a “bath caddy” — it lays across the back of the tub, and you can stack a TON of stuff in it! Check at a Bed Bath and Beyond type place — I’m sure they’ll have something that will work for you guys!

Courtney February 5, 2010 at 4:18 pm

We have a claw foot tub and I too hate it. I’ve learned to live with it for now. It was on our con-list when we bought our house, but like you, the pros outweighed the cons and we bought the house. We love it – but older homes always create interesting issues :)

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm

That pug loaf is way too cute!

Personally, I love the look of the claw foot tubs, but my husband the plumber has had bad things to say about them so we will never own one.

Of course, my dream is to have a tub that, when it’s full, actually covers your body. We have the tiniest tub in the world!

K

Kathleen Tovmasyan December 2, 2010 at 12:06 am

Several with the factors associated with this weblog publish are generally beneficial nonetheless had me personally wanting to understand, did they seriously imply that? One stage I’ve got to say is your writing expertise are very good and I will be returning back for any brand-new weblog post you arrive up with, you may possibly possess a brand-new supporter. I book marked your blog for reference.