• Live! with Regis and Kelly

February 9, 2010

Best trip ever!!!!!

We just back from this morning’s taping of Live! with Regis and Kelly. It was SO COOL to be part of the audience! I was giddy with excitement and totally star-struck!

IMG_5096.JPG

Before heading to the show, our group met for an early breakfast at one of the hotel’s restaurants.

DSC_0016.JPG

Check out the wallpaper! Hello! 8-O

DSC_0001.JPG

We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast buffet.

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

I was psyched to see a big platter of fresh fruit.

DSC_0008.JPG

I haven’t eaten much fruit lately, so I loaded up.

IMG_5045.JPG

I also had some Greek yogurt and granola with breakfast.

IMG_5048.JPG

And some much-needed water and coffee. (I’m feeling a bit hungover this morning. Meh. :oops: )

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5051.JPG

Then it was time to head to ABC for Live! with Regis and Kelly!

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

It was really neat to see the studio and set in person, but both were much smaller than I expected.

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5060.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

IMG_5070.JPG

The stars of the show!!!!!

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

Regis and Kelly chatted with the audience members during the commercial breaks. They were both really friendly and outgoing.

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5081.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

Chocolate expert and chef Jacques Torres showed Kelly a number of his chocolate recipes, so she demonstrated a few on the show.

IMG_5088.JPG

They looked delicious, especially the chocolate-covered strawberries, which she shared with a few audience members after the show.

IMG_5091.JPG

Kelly also shared a bunch of Hershey’s Kisses with the audience by tossing them into the crowd.

IMG_5093.JPG

While blogging this post, I snacked on a couple of whole wheat pretzels to help settle my stomach. Ugh.

IMG_5097.JPG

The cake decorating competition is up next!!!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) February 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm

cool! i dvr’d rosario dawson on the show and plan on watching it soon!

ellen eats beets February 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I used to LOVE watching Regis and Kathy Lee in the summer when I was younger. Kelly has her own personality and they both brought something different to the show.

Freya @ foodfitnessandfreya.wordpress.com February 9, 2010 at 2:07 pm

LOVE Total greek yogurt, what a great breakfast :D
    But what an even greater morning! I’m dying to see a live taping of a show, it must be such a good experience, espec seeing famous people close up :P
    I hope your afternoon is just as fun!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 9, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I’m more jealous you got to see Jacques Torres than anything else, to be honest.

He is the CHOCOLATE KING!!

Kiersten February 9, 2010 at 2:08 pm

That sounds like fun! I don’t really like Regis & Kelly, but I’ve always wanted to be in the audience at a talk show.

You’re right- that wallpaper is horrendous!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 9, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Oh how awesomely cool!!! I’ve always wanted to see what the behind the scenes looks like on television shows!!

Nicole (dishin') February 9, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I saw you on TV this morning…right at the beginning of the show! I was working from home today, luckily :)

Isn’t the show so much fun? I was there two years ago…it was great!

Have fun cake decorating!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 9, 2010 at 2:47 pm

LOL– that picture of Kelly throwing the kisses is hilarious! I love their show!

Lisa @ Early Morning Run February 9, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Kelly is so cute (and tiny)! I’ve seen her in CP a few times. Jacques Torres chocolates are amazing! I hope you stopped by his shop on the near the studio after the taping! Can’t wait to see more pics of your trip!

Allison K February 9, 2010 at 3:14 pm

what an amazing trip! And you go such good photos!

The Brunette February 9, 2010 at 3:25 pm

So jealous! Also, fresh fruit is my favorite part of breakfast buffets. I grew up in Asia, so the spreads were always full of papaya, mango, dragonfruit, starfruit, passionfruit, and all of those other things that you never think to cut up at home. All fruit is GREAT fruit, and I totally understand your excitement about that fruit tray :)

Chloe @ Project Live Well February 9, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Haha, so jealous of you guys!!! Love Regis & Kelly. Love Kelly’s outfit today. She looks TINY. Looks like you had a blast and kudos to you for making it through with a hangover :-)

Jesse February 9, 2010 at 4:24 pm

So cool you got to see the show! Does Kelly Ripa look healthy in person or just really tiny/skinny? Just curious…do tell! :)

Chelsea February 9, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Totally saw you on TV!! at the very beginning when Kelly and Regis were walking out, they somewhat zoomed in on you!! woohooo!!

Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) February 9, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I DVR/watch Regis & Kel every morning so I quickly went back and rewatched the opening and totally saw you for like..2 seconds! I couldn’t tell at first but thanks to these pictures I know it was you! SO fun!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 9, 2010 at 4:58 pm

ooooh it all looks so good! What fun!!!!

Melissa February 9, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I am SO SO jealous!! I am in love with regis and kelly!!!! It looks like you had so much fun!!!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write February 9, 2010 at 5:16 pm

That sounds like so much fun!

skinnyrunner February 9, 2010 at 5:17 pm

that is so cool! kelly is adorable.

Jenna February 9, 2010 at 5:51 pm

So luckyyy!

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 9, 2010 at 5:53 pm

That would have been so much fun! I once went to a screening for a pilot show, but it never did take off. It was neat to see it being filmed, though!

How very lucky!

K

Julie @ Pickley Pear February 9, 2010 at 6:11 pm

What an awesome trip! I watched Regis and Kelly this morning, but didn’t know to look for you!

Kelly B. February 9, 2010 at 6:32 pm

You are SO lucky!!! Wow…hope you are having a blast!!!

Michele February 9, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Wow – I didn’t think you would be able to take pictures in the studio. Very cool!
    Kelly looks way too skinny though – she does not look healthy.

Nicole, RD February 9, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Looks like a blast!!!

Annie February 9, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Looks like an awesome trip- who doesn’t love NYC?

*Does anyone else think Kelly Ripa is too skinny? To me her head looks too big for her body and she looks a bit underweight.

Jessica February 10, 2010 at 1:13 am

This is such a fun post! It all looks so fun. And surreal. You’re so lucky. Hope you had/are having a really good time Tina!

diana(mymarblerye) February 10, 2010 at 7:56 am

i love how honest you are about your hangovers! ;) Was kelly as toned as she looks on tv!?

Fran kasbarian February 11, 2010 at 11:21 am

On todays show 2-11-2010, Kelly demonstrated how to make cookies she makes every week with her children. I would like to have the receipe. Can anyone help?

Fran kasbarian February 12, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Is there anyone out in cyberspace who can give me the cookie recipe that Kelly demonstrated on Feb., 10. She mentioned she makes these cookies every week with her children.
    Thanks