• Excited To Be Here

February 8, 2010

Ahhhh! I’m so excited to be here! :mrgreen:

The Electrolux people hooked us up with an amazing hotel called the Hotel Gansevoort in the Meatpacking District, and I’m totally obsessed! Well, actually, I’m obsessed with every fancy hotel that I encounter! ;)

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight!

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Love the silk robe! I’ll definitely use that!

DSC_0011.JPG

Swag!

DSC_0013.JPG

The view from my room!

DSC_0020.JPG

After spazzing out with excitement, I met up with Sabrina for lunch.

DSC_0049.JPG

We walked over to Chelsea Market, a funky enclosed food court, to find some eats.

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

Sabrina and I walked around and checked out our options before deciding on Friedmans Lunch.

DSC_0032.JPG

Friedmans Lunch serves traditional American food in a laid-back, cozy setting. I loved the decor– an open kitchen, dark wood tabletops, chalkboard menus, and vintage wallpaper.

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

With lunch, Sabrina and I drank water from an old wine bottle. It was very hip. ;)

DSC_0039.JPG

For lunch, I ordered the Vegetable Sandwich on sourdough. Inside was lots of veggies– carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts– and a nice thick layer of hummus.

DSC_0040.JPG

The sandwich was served along side some field greens and a delicious pickle.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

It was an excellent lunch! :)

DSC_0047.JPG

After lunch, we headed back to our hotel. Our first stop was the roof deck that overlooks the city. Check out this view!

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

Randomly, we ran into Meghann up there, so we took the opportunity to snap a photo together. :)

DSC_0057.JPG

I’m going to squeeze in a quickie workout then get ready for a cocktail party!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 8, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Oooooh….that sandwich looks amazing!!! Have a great trip!

Leah February 8, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Whoooaaa fancy! me –> shoving toiletries from the bathroom into my purse (lol)

Christy February 8, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Woooah, what a sandwich! :) Yum!

The Brunette February 8, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Chelsea market!!!!!!! Every time I go, I pray that I run into a Food Network star. Has yet to happen :(

Ali@ Food, Fitness Fashion February 8, 2010 at 10:29 pm

WOW that rooms looks great! I would never get out of that robe, it is totally cocktail party attire, no? ;) I hope all have a great time, can’t wait to see more about it!

caronae February 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm

LOVE chelsea market. The gelato place looks so good there, and that’s where the Pioneer Woman had her book signing!

Amanda@thegrainsofparadise February 8, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I’ve never been to NYC before:-( Seemed like a beautiful day and your sandwitch looked so colorful and healthy!! Yum Yum!

Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss February 8, 2010 at 11:37 pm

That looks like a great hotel room and a fantastic lunch. I LOVE pickles. When I was writing restaurant reviews, I always gave extra points if the pickle that came with the sandwich was good.

Diana(mymarblerye) February 8, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Jealous! Chelsea market is the best way to start your trip!!! Please get a cupcake!

Kathi February 8, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Love, love, love NYC!! Have fun, the hotel looks amazing!

Lauren @ BIOCHEMISTA February 8, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Wow, looks like such a great trip!!! I LOVE visiting NYC!!!! :) :)

Kemi @ Chronicles of Kemi February 9, 2010 at 1:11 am

Wow! What an amazing hotel! I love NYC!

Hannah February 9, 2010 at 7:17 am

I too take photos of every hotel room I stay in :) It’s part of the fun! And those sandwiches look deeelicious!

Maria February 9, 2010 at 8:19 am

I read about your blog in the health magazine and it sure did not disappoint. I love how real your posts are. I live in NYC and your posts about your trip are incredible:-).
    Maria

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} February 9, 2010 at 8:43 am

So fun!! I have never been to the Chelsea Market. They created it after I moved away from NYC. Must visit next time I am there!

Lina February 9, 2010 at 9:05 am

Yum! I love Friedmans veggie sandwich! And they have gluten free bread so I can finally have a sandwich while i’m out! Glad you’re loving ny :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday February 9, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’d love to go to New York some time. I’ve never been to the East Coast.

Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 9, 2010 at 5:59 pm

What a fancy hotel! I would sleep like a baby, too!

New York looks like it would be an amazing place to visit. It’s funny because I hear of all these different foods or restaurants on food blogs but never have the opportunity to try any. Now when I go to different cities, I’ll have to keep this all in mind!

That sandwich looks delish!

K

Jenny February 9, 2010 at 9:04 pm

So exciting! I actually ate at Friedman’s the other weekend with my family and got the same sandwich, which was delicious, plus the sweet potato fries. Unreal! Have a great time in new york and hope you’re prepared for the snow storm that’s supposed to hit tomorrow!

Cordless Screwdriver · November 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

i just love to much italian foods because of italian spices and juicy sauces *

Shower Radio December 2, 2010 at 1:17 am

italian foods are very tasty and most of their recipes are heart friendly too ~“

Movie Trailers June 23, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Visit our pet forum.Get every details about your pet.

back with ex August 25, 2011 at 2:13 am

I am thankful that I noticed this website, precisely the right info that I was searching for!