• Morning Run by the Bay

November 7, 2009

I’m so glad that I woke up to meet my bloggies friends for a run this morning. I almost slept in and skipped it, but I am SO HAPPY that I didn’t. I had an awesome run and the scenery was amazing. I love running in new cities!

A little before 7 AM, I met Sabrina, Kath, Meghann, Shannon, Brittany, and Emily for a 5 mile run by the bay.

IMG_0290.JPG

Running in San Francisco was fabulous!

Palm trees! :-D

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. So cool!

IMG_0300.JPG

Ghirardelli!!! I hope I get to visit later! ;-)

IMG_0301.JPG

Alcatraz!!! I really wish that I could visit. I bet it would be so cool. Maybe the next time I’m out here I will have a chance to tour it. I know Mal would love learning about its history in person!

IMG_0302.JPG

We took a photo of the group at the halfway mark of our run.

IMG_0304.JPG

We picked up the pace on the way back to the hotel. I think our average pace was below 9 minute miles and we covered 5.25 miles. Awesome! It’s the furthest I’ve run since my half marathon in May. Hopefully, my hip won’t totally hate me later today! :-?

IMG_0307.JPG

It’s time for breakfast and foodie-packed day!

See ya! 8-)

Leianna November 7, 2009 at 12:51 pm

What beautiful scenary for a beautiful run with great people! Enjoy the day!

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 7, 2009 at 12:51 pm

That’s so awesome! I’d love to run outside but it was another freezing morning in NE

Diana November 7, 2009 at 12:55 pm

That place looks so nice and it has some beautiful sights! Glad you’ve been having fun.
    Have a great day!

amy November 7, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Amazing!! I’m moving to SF in 2 weeks and this is just whetting my appetite :)

candice November 7, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Running makes my shins hurt, but I’m glad you had fun! :) If I saw a Ghirardelli sign like that, I think I’d squeal with delight!

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans November 7, 2009 at 1:34 pm

What a beautiful run! Nothing like a great run with good friends!

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 7, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I love running outside for the scenery. That scenery would make me run longer.

Hop your hip is appreciative of the exercise and doesn’t get mad at you.

rebecca lustig November 7, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Mmm, nothing like a scenic run with some good company! Except I can’t hold a conversation when I run, I get too ‘in the zone’, haha.

Good luck today, lovely lady!
    Rebecca

Kat (Kat's Daily Plate) November 7, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I loooove San Francisco so much! It is such an incredible city… Be sure to check out Golden Gate park while you are there!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) November 7, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Oh that makes me miss it. I lived there for a year and the Embarcadero is so gorgeous on beautiful days like that. Have a wonderful time, I know you will enjoy every second of it!

laura dishes November 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm

That last picture of the Golden Gate Bridge is gorgeous!

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) November 7, 2009 at 2:49 pm

What a gorgeous run!! Doesn’t pretty scenery just make the run even more worth it?! Go get yourself some chocolate now! :)

Sarah November 7, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Alcatraz is very cool! I haven’t been for years but we’ve been talking about visiting again. When you and Mal visit, let me know! Ray and I would love to go with you.

Bekah November 7, 2009 at 3:05 pm

have fun at foodbuzzz today miss tina. i’ve been getting your tweets to my phone, lol, and everytime i look at my blackberry, wa la, 9 new tweets, 15 new tweets. you fb attendees are going crazy! enjoy.

Nikka @ neekadeek November 7, 2009 at 3:47 pm

You couldn’t ask for better running weather, especially in SF!
    I highly recommend taking the ferry to Alcatraz on your next visit, the old prison is cool but the views of the city behind you are stunning!

Dawn Dishes It Out November 7, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Oh to be running outside … a mere 40 degrees this morning in NY! Too cold for me … beautiful pics!

Felicia (Bites of the Apple) November 7, 2009 at 4:29 pm

That runs seems like it was a great one! I love that you, and I’m guessing some of the other bloggers, took your camera. The pics are so nice. :)

Katie November 7, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Beautiful runs! Alcatraz is definitely worth it as is Kara’s Cupcakes in Ghiradelli Square. More you miss means you HAVE to go back again!

Paige (Running Around Normal) November 7, 2009 at 5:11 pm

What a beautiful run! I’ll bet it was so nice and relaxing with the great views and the good company. How fun:)

Graze With Me November 7, 2009 at 6:09 pm

I love Alcatraz, we went to SF on our honeymoon in June and it was great. It wasn’t as creepy as I expected it to be and there was even a former inmate there signing copies of his book about his experiences there. The island is actually really beautiful and the view of the city is incredible.

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 7, 2009 at 6:24 pm

great run! did you guys see the seals?

Jenna November 7, 2009 at 7:25 pm

have a great day!!
    jenna

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 7, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Beautiful scenery for running!

Christina MINDFUL LIVING November 7, 2009 at 7:43 pm

looks beautiful! glad you are having a nice time ;)

maria November 7, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Hopefully your hip will be fine, because those are some amazing views to have in the background of a run. I’d LOVE to run through a big city like that one day. How unbelievable. Then again, I get to run with Mount Fuji in my background, so I’m pretty lucky too!

Saba FoodieInFlight November 8, 2009 at 3:19 am

I was at the San Fran market today too! I’m staffed here for a project and thought I would check it out – wasn’t it amazing :) P.S. I have been reading you for about 6 months now and you totally inspired me to start eating healthier and hooked me on oatmeal. I just started a blog and you def introduced me to this community, so thank you :D !

Edna November 8, 2009 at 6:33 am

Wow your pictures of San Fran are making me very nostalgic! My husband and I had part of our honeymoon there. You really must go to Alcatraz – its quite an experience!