• I Don’t Want to Leave

November 9, 2009

My time in San Francisco has been so much fun! Wah! I don’t want to leave! :-( But, as much as I love this city, I miss my husband and puppy, and I cannot wait to give them both a big hug!

I stayed at the Hotel Vitale last night, so I took advantage of my leisurely morning by sleeping in, hitting the gym, and blogging in my room. It was nice. Relaxing and peaceful.

While I blogged, I munched on some dried fruit and a sweet and juicy pear from Frog Hollow Farm.

DSC_0002.JPG

After breakfast, I packed-up my suitcase with all of the swag that I acquired over the course of the weekend. It was a lot!!! I still can’t believe the majority of it fit into my carry-on. I did, however, need to leave a few (liquid) things behind. I was actually kind of bummed about the Balsamic Pear Vinegar. :-? Hopefully, the person cleaning my room will enjoy them!

DSC_0009.JPG

Once I was packed-up and ready to go, I ventured out to soak in my last few minutes of time in San Francisco.

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

I made sure to swing by the Ferry Building Marketplace one more time.

DSC_0013.JPG

And, I grabbed another Café Au Lait from Blue Bottle Coffee. I’m sort of obsessed.

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

The line at Blue Bottle wasn’t nearly as long as it was on Saturday morning, but I still had to wait a good 15 minutes for my coffee. Of course, it was well worth that wait once again!

DSC_0020.JPG

Foamy, bold, and delicious! :-D

DSC_0028.JPG

I wandered around the Marketplace for a good 30 minutes while sipping my coffee and snapping some photos.

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

The Ferry Building Marketplace is truly a foodie’s heaven. I wanted to buy everything, but sadly, my suitcase was stuffed!

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

I probably could have wandered around a lot longer, but I had to get back to the hotel to gather up my things and check-out. Bertolli arranged for a car to pick me up and take me to the airport. Sweet! I totally traveled in style this weekend! Thanks, again, Bertolli!

Laura M November 9, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Typically, hotel staff isn’t allowed to keep items left in the rooms. It’s against policy. They have to turn it in in case some one calls about it.
    The items sure look yummy though.

Kat (kats daily plate) November 9, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Sad you had to leave some goodies behind, but I have the feeling you still brougth some great swag home! Have a safe trip!

candice November 9, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Whoa, sorry about the balsamic vinegar. It sounds delicious with all of the fruit too… I’m just jealous that you can say that your suitcase IS stuffed to the brim. ;) You’ll still have lots of goodies to enjoy when you get home! Have a nice flight!

Jenna November 9, 2009 at 7:11 pm

even though you had a great time i am sure you are super excited to go home!
    jenna

Diana November 9, 2009 at 7:13 pm

That marketplace looks awesome. So many interesting (and yummy) things! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 9, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Glad you had an awesome time. :)

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 9, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I hate leaving things behind. I got my peanut butter and cherry jam confiscated once
    There’s a small pub in Southboro that sells that brand of sauces. I got spicy red bell ketchup from them and it was delicious

Simply Life November 9, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Sounds like it was a great trip!!!

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) November 9, 2009 at 7:38 pm

I love San Fran!!! Looks like you had an amazing trip :)

Brittany November 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I think the cleaning crew at Hotel Vitale are going to be eating a lot of Olives- I left mine behind as well! :)

I hope you have a safe flight home- it was great to finally meet you!

Lizzy November 9, 2009 at 7:52 pm

i hope you make it home safe, its such a bumm you had to leave stuff behind, but i’m sure you have tons of amazing stuff coming home with you! :)

Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 9, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Your day looked wonderful. Perfect for your new glamorous life ;)

Sarah November 9, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Safe trip home!!

Sad about the goodies left behind :-( I’ve tried the pear balsamic- it’s good but not out-of-this-world good, so don’t feel too bad! Nice of you to leave it for the maids to take home, that would be a nice surprise.

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) November 9, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Oh my gosh, that ferry marketplace looks fabulous!

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 9, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Too bad you couldn’t send the vinegar to yourself. That would have been worth the price.

Mara @ What's for Dinner? November 9, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Bummer about those olives…they’re SO great! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Kristy November 9, 2009 at 8:45 pm

It looks like you had a great time. And that coffee looks delicious. So Jealous!

Susan (All Things In Moderation) November 9, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Your trip looks like it was amazing ! Congrats on all of your awards ! You deserve every single one !

Maria November 9, 2009 at 8:50 pm

The Ferry Building is so fun. I love all of the shops there. Glad you had a nice trip. Safe travels to you!

Tasha November 9, 2009 at 8:51 pm

That pear looks good.

I bet the cleaning staff enjoyed those treats you left them. :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite November 9, 2009 at 9:04 pm

So glad you had a fun time! Leaving a fun trip is always hard!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries November 9, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I could have done some serioussss damage with that cheese selection! Hope you had a safe flight!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 9, 2009 at 9:25 pm

yeah that cleaning person scored! it’s alot better than the candy swag i left on my last trip….

Erin November 9, 2009 at 9:27 pm

The Ferry Marketplace might be one of the best places in the world, no joke. I took a vacation to CA in June and spent 3 glorious days in SF by my lonesome! Your pictures are bringing back great memories and GREAT food!!

Amelia November 9, 2009 at 9:31 pm

The marketplace looks incredible! You got some great pics too. Stinks that you had to leave some of your swag behind, but I’m sure someone else will really appreciate it! :)

Meg November 9, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Looks like you had an amazing time. Great pics…I feel like I escaped to SF for a few minutes. Have safe travels home.

Katie November 9, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Celebrity treatment there! San Fran is a foodie’s paradise. Totally can overeat there! That’s a bummer you had to leave stuff behind :(

Cait (Cait's Plate) November 9, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I know I’ve said it before but…I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR CAMERA!!! It takes the most beautiful pictures! Or maybe San Fran is really just that beautiful itself! Haha.

Kel November 9, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I am so happy you enjoyed your weekend. I have to be honest, though! I am looking forward to you being home, and seeing pictures of your oats :). Your vacation food shots make me hungry!

Light Delight with TouTou November 9, 2009 at 10:52 pm

that market place looks so much fun! I love this kinda scatter around arrangements of eats! makes me feel I am surrounded by lots of food and have every reason to try any of them out!

Melissa (Melissa Likes To Eat) November 9, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Wow….what a beautiful marketplace. I love San Francisco. Have a safe trip home!

Stephanie November 9, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Oh man, I would be totally sad to have left that vinegar also. It looks delicious! San Francisco is the coolest and most delicious place ever. The sourdough bread? It’s like crack. No, really.

Ameena November 10, 2009 at 12:05 am

The Ferry Building is the best…sorry you couldn’t take everything with you!

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans November 10, 2009 at 12:15 am

that market looks amazing! what a wonderful trip!

mary ann November 10, 2009 at 11:25 am

Castelvitrano…. the BEESSST olives ever! They can be tough to find but they’re like nothing you’ve ever had when you do! The Healthy Living store by my house has this enormous olive bar with toothpicks for sampling and the people know me as the girl who loves the castels. haha
    You guys are awesome