• Foodbuzz Festival: Saturday Morning

November 7, 2009

Wheeeeee! What a day it’s been! I decided to break-up my recap into 2 posts because I took an insane amount of photos over the course of the day. The Foodbuzz Festival has been a total BLAST! :mrgreen:

Our morning started with breakfast at the Ferry Building, which is right down the street from the Hotel Vitale.

DSC_0008.JPG

Rumor has it that Blue Bottle Coffee Company has the best coffee in the whole country, so obviously I needed to try it.

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

We waited a good 20 minutes to get to the head of the line at Blue Bottle.

While we waited, Jenna embraced her food blogger duties and snapped some shots of her delicious-looking egg sandwich with roasted red peppers. Food blogger in action!

DSC_0014.JPG

For breakfast, I ordered an Arborio Rice Cake from Blue Bottle, which was absolutely amazing– one of the best gluten-free treats I have ever eaten.

DSC_0016.JPG

It was incredibly moist and had a strong, sweet flavor of brandy. Yum!

DSC_0019.JPG

The long wait at Blue Bottle was definitely worth it. My Cafe Au Lait was perfect– foamy, bold, and very smooth.

DSC_0022.JPG

Delish! :mrgreen:

IMG_0308.JPG

After breakfast, we headed to the outdoor farmers’ market, which had gorgeous views of the Bay Bridge.

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

Farmers’ market + coffee = perfect Saturday morning! :-D

IMG_7846 (640x427) (640x427)-1

While I snapped photos, my partner in crime held my coffee.

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

Everything at the market looked so incredibly fresh– and, of course, it was all local.

DSC_0034.JPG

I’m so jealous of San Francisco’s local food scene!

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

While wandering around the market, Kath and I stumbled upon the Noe Valley Bakery table. Everything looked so delicious, we just had to try something.

I loved the name of this muffin:

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

Kath and I ended up sharing a pumpkin scone. Obviously, I loved it! ;-)

IMG_7855 (427x640) (427x640) IMG_7856 (427x640) (427x640)

I also tried a bite of ripe pluot.

DSC_0044.JPG

I loved the vibrant colors of the farmers’ market!

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

The ladies!

DSC_0052.JPG

Just me.

IMG_7874 (427x640) (427x640)

Yay for food bloggers!!! :mrgreen:

IMG_7881 (640x427) (640x427)

After spending about an hour at the farmers’ market, Kath, Meghann, and I headed to the Cowgirl Creamy cheese tasting session.

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Omg, there were so many amazing cheeses!!!

DSC_0065.JPG

I had taken a ton of notes during the session, but a water bottle mishap in my purse destroyed them all. :-? But, I’ll do my best to remember what I sampled!

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

The Fromage Blanc was the first cheese that we tasted. It sort of reminded me of whipped cream cheese, but it’s made with whole milk instead of cream and had a much stronger flavor.

DSC_0076.JPG

My favorite cheese of the bunch was the Inverness, a new cheese in the Cowgirl Creamery’s offerings. It had a nice strong taste and a dense, creamy mouth feel. I loved it!

DSC_0077.JPG

I also liked the Mount Tam, which was smooth and creamy, yet firm with a buttery, mellow flavor.

DSC_0081.JPG DSC_0087.JPG

Time for the main event at the Foodbuzz Dinner and Award Ceremony! I’m off!

candice November 7, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Oh wow, there are so many yummy eats in this post! Arborio rice cake, pumpkin scone, CHEESE… and of course, the bright cheeriness of the farmer’s market! I wish I had a market like that nearby… that would be heaven. Thanks for all the drool-worthy pics!

Light Delight with Tou Tou November 7, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! it’s really great foodbuzz holds this events! I see so many familiar faces in your photo – guess it’s really fun and exciting hanging out with them in real life! Enjoy!
    btw, that Arborio Rice Cake looks very special!

BethT November 7, 2009 at 9:00 pm

They grey one is actually the Bay Bridge…Golden Gate is red!

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 7, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Coffee and the farmers market are some of my best summer times. I hit the starbuck nearby and then wander around enjoying the sight and buying some yummies.

Erica November 7, 2009 at 9:03 pm

How freaking fun! The food all looks delicious (of course). I think I would want to buy everything at that farmers market. This is making me want to return to San Fran so bad. Enjoy Tina!

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 7, 2009 at 9:18 pm

fresh apple cider is beyond words

Katie November 7, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Sounds delightful. Good food and good company sounds like an amazing weekend. It’s making me want to go back to San Fran though. In a year I can move and San Fran is a strong contender.

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) November 7, 2009 at 9:31 pm

That latte is gorgey. Looks like you’re having a blast over there!

Kat (Kat's Daily Plate) November 7, 2009 at 9:33 pm

What a perfect looking day- so much fun! I am always in awe of the local food scene in San Fran everytime I visit & the Ferry Building is the BEST!

Meg C. November 7, 2009 at 9:44 pm

So how exactly does a stud muffin taste? … sexy? haha

Dori November 7, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Your pictures of the food and farmers market all look so gorgeous. Looks like such a fun time!

john caplan November 7, 2009 at 10:00 pm

i love these photos! the food looks delicious!

Lisa November 7, 2009 at 10:04 pm

It all looks so amazing! Beautiful pictures. Definitely looks like FoodBuzz has put on a great event for you all!

Sarah November 7, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Man that farmer’s market looks insanely awesome. The pic of all the food bloggers gave me major camera envy!! ;-)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 7, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Yum. Looks awesome.

Alicia November 7, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful and make me want to jump on a plane for San Fran in the AM. Thanks for doing such a great job recaping your time at the Festival. I feel like I’m there!

Kelly from Bridges and Bites November 7, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Oh my goodness, your pictures look so fantastic. I really wish I could be there!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 8, 2009 at 12:06 am

cheese, glorious, cheese!

Lu November 8, 2009 at 12:07 am

Mmmmmm, cheese! I totally love the pics. Pluots are my favorite fruit. It looks like you’re having fun. Hope it continues to be wonderful.

Ameena November 8, 2009 at 12:09 am

The Ferry Building is one of the most amazing places to eat in the world because everything is just so fresh. If you have a chance check out the Slanted Door which is just excellent!

Vivian November 8, 2009 at 1:28 am

I just bought that same shirt you are wearing from the gap for $8.What a bargain!

Nicole November 8, 2009 at 3:23 am

It so looks like you are having a wonderful time!! I love cheese, and I’m so jealous! It makes me want to drive to France this weekend, but I don’t have time! Maybe next!! (It’s only 45 min away!)

Jenna November 8, 2009 at 11:03 am

those cheeses look great!
    jenna

Nikka @ neekadeek November 8, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I love Cowgirl Creamery! I think I will have to add their new cheese to my holiday menu : ) Everything looks so good, I am uber jealous of you right now!