• Foodbuzz Festival: Farewell Brunch

November 9, 2009

Hi, guys!!! I had an outstanding Sunday tasting wines in Sonoma, but my full recap will have to wait until the morning. My comfy bed is calling my name!

Despite drinking a few cocktails and staying up late last night, I somehow managed to meet Kath, Shannon, and Quinn for a morning run. I was totally and utterly exhausted when my alarm went off at 6:45 AM, but I was so glad that I went.

We covered about 3.5 miles running along the bay, and totally lucked out with another gorgeous morning in San Francisco. It was a little chillier than yesterday, but it was still a wonderful early-morning run.

After my run, I grabbed a cup of coffee from the hotel lobby to take with me to my room while I showered and got ready for the final event of the Foodbuzz Festival.

IMG_0334.JPG

The Farewel Brunch, hosted by Nature’s Pride, was held at the Restaurant Lulu, which was located about a mile away from the hotel.

IMG_0335.JPG

The brunch was incredible! Everything was so fresh and delicious.

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

And the brunch menu was awesome!

IMG_0337.JPG

My first plate included a piece of Kerrygold Aged Cheddar and Mushroom Frittata, a mini Crouque Monsieur, Panzanella Salad, and Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad. All were delish!

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

My second serving was another Crouque Monsieur + coffee with half and half.

DSC_0005.JPG

And my third plate was a piece of Nutty Oat French Toast with Pear Compote and Whipped Cinnamon Butter. I was really hungry this morning!

DSC_0007.JPG

After breakfast, Jenna, Kath, Meghann, and I headed to wine country for a fun-filled day of wine, cheese, and good times. Be sure to check back for my recap in the morning.

And finally, a BIG thank you to Foodbuzz for an amazing weekend and to Bertolli for sponsoring my trip. I had a FABULOUS time! :mrgreen:

Good night, blog friends! I’m pooped!

Annamarina (Running Tails) November 9, 2009 at 1:30 am

All of the food from your weekend looks amazing! Crouque Monsieur is one of my all time favorite French foods!

Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) November 9, 2009 at 1:46 am

Eggs and bread can make so many yummy combos! I love french toast and croque monsieur (esp. with powdered sugar and raspberry jam for dipping!)

Any idea where we can get the brunch’s featured recipes?

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 9, 2009 at 2:19 am

so impressed you got a run in – you healthy food bloggers, you…

Diana November 9, 2009 at 4:24 am

That brunch looks so good! :)

Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 9, 2009 at 8:12 am

I bet running in SF was beautiful yesterday morning!

Amelia November 9, 2009 at 8:24 am

Everything looks amazing! Especially that french toast. Yum. :)

Paige@ Running Around Normal November 9, 2009 at 8:47 am

What a weekend! So much in three days. LuLu sounds amazing.

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) November 9, 2009 at 8:52 am

Everything looks super! What a fabulous time it looks like you had! Congrats on your awards :)

diana(mymarblerye) November 9, 2009 at 8:59 am

Jeez how fun was that? My stomach would be needing a nap after all that! Can’t wait to go to one next year!

Estela @ Weekly Bite November 9, 2009 at 9:00 am

Look like an amazing time!

Light Delight with Tou Tou November 9, 2009 at 9:14 am

Can’t believe is farewell time already! what a fabulous weekend you enjoyed:) really impressed by the foodbuzz event from your great photos!

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) November 9, 2009 at 9:19 am

Congrats on your win!!! That brunch looks yummy :)

brandi November 9, 2009 at 9:28 am

ah, I’m so sad I missed the brunch! Everything looks amazing.

I’m so happy I got to meet everyone – I hope the next blogger meet up is a bit longer – the weekend went by so fast!

Felicia (Bites of the Apple) November 9, 2009 at 9:29 am

I love brunch so much! Probably my favorite meal. Everything looks amazing.

Nice job getting up for the run! Knowing that you’re meeting up with other people is always so helpful.

Jillian (back to the nest) November 9, 2009 at 9:42 am

Aw, what a fun trip! That brunch salad looks fantastic too.

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) November 9, 2009 at 9:49 am

That looks like a fantastic brunch! I am glad you were able to get a run in – San Francisco is one of my favorite cities – so pretty!

Laurie November 9, 2009 at 10:23 am

ok i’ve been following all of your posts about the food buzz convention and seriously… how did you get this job?!?!!? i couldn’t be more jealous! :) seriously, i mean i read your “about me” section, but I would love it if you wrote a post about how you transitioned into becoming a successful health/nutrition blogger and how you’ve managed to make a career out of it and have these amazing opportunities! please! thanks so much, keep up the great work! :)

Jenna November 9, 2009 at 10:53 am

great brunchhhh :)
    jenna

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 9, 2009 at 11:17 am

I always am confused at brunch spreads when there are lunch foods as well as breakfast. I know that brunch is a combo of breakfast and lunch but normally I see mainly breakfast foods.

But that croque monsieur looks great :-)

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 9, 2009 at 11:22 am

Foodbuzz knows how to through a brunch, too!

Ashley November 9, 2009 at 11:42 am

CONGRATS!!!!! Looks like it was a fabulous weekend in SF.

Kat (Kat's Daily Plate) November 9, 2009 at 11:48 am

That Croque Monsieur looks incredible. Looks like it was a great event!

Cait (Cait's Plate) November 9, 2009 at 11:52 am

Holy Moly that food looks so good. Brunch is seriously the best meal ever invented :) Safe travels home!!

skinnyrunner November 9, 2009 at 11:56 am

Man that brunch looks good! way to get a run even when you’re exhausted!

Nikka @ neekadeek November 9, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for sharing the menu from such a lovely brunch!

Tina November 9, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Such beautiful pictures!! That Croque Monsieur doesn’t look like ones I normally see though? I always thought they were covered in a white sauce, and then browned on top. Hmm.

Oh, and I LOVE your nail polish color. Dark polish always looks so sleek :)

Heather @ chocolate cakes November 10, 2009 at 6:41 am

That looks delicious wish I was there, very healthy too, I love blackberry sandwiches this is the only blog I have seen that mentioned!