• Foodbuzz Festival: Dinner & Awards Ceremony

November 8, 2009

Wow, oh, wow. What a night!!! My brain is still spinning!

Tonight’s dinner was put on by Outstanding In The Field and was held in the Greenleaf produce warehouse.

DSC_0004.JPG

The Greenleaf produce warehouse was such a cool setting for a foodie dinner! :-D

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

The dinner tables extended all around the warehouse.

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

Due to the water bottle mishap in my purse, I ended up carrying around my electronics in a plastic bag for most of the night. What a dork!

IMG_0309.JPG

Shannon and me!

IMG_0310.JPG

New blog friends! :mrgreen:

IMG_0311.JPG

One of the passed apps during the cocktail house was a crostini with tuna puree.

IMG_0312.JPG

Cocktail hour in the warehouse was happening! :-D

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

Our place settings consisted of mismatched plates, handmade bamboo chopsticks, and customized menus. So neat!

DSC_0016.JPG

The meal started with a light appetizer of marinated veggies.

DSC_0029.JPG

Bloggers! :mrgreen:

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

Then we were served a soup of mushroom dashi, maitake, shimeji, enoki mushrooms.

DSC_0038.JPG

Next was Udon, grilled Monterey calamari in a browned butter ponzu reduction, cucumber, kaiware, frisée and yellow pear tomato with chojang and sesame vinaigrette.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

We had fun with the old school seltzer bottle! ;-)

DSC_0043.JPG

The main course was salmon with garlic and curry.

DSC_0047.JPG

And a creamy mushroom risotto with koshihikari rice and crispy maitake mushrooms. So delish!

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

And more wine.

DSC_0057.JPG

The roasted brussels sprouts with ponzu fried garlic, guanciale, and bonito fakes was out of this world!!! It was easily the best dish of the night!

DSC_0058.JPG

I ate 2 servings.

DSC_0061.JPG

There was also soy braised beef cheeks and oxtails served with baby carrots and fingerling potatoes.

DSC_0063.JPG

The beef was incredible!! It was sooooo tender!

DSC_0066.JPG

For dessert, we had Koshihikari rice pudding with cookie crumble and warren pears on top. It was good, but a tad on the bland side. :-?

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

After dinner, it was time for the Foodbuzz Blog Awards.

As you probably know, I received nominations in 3 categories:

• Best Healthy Living Blog
    • Blogger would you most like to take to dinner
    • Blogger would you most want to make you a cocktail

Somehow, I won all 3 categories!!!! Crazy, yet cool! 8-)

IMG_0497

I am totally floored and honored! Thank you, readers and Foodbuzz! What an amazing night for Carrots ‘N’ Cake! :mrgreen:

IMG_8074640x427

IMG_0477

My blogger friends also won awards: Jenna won “Blogger most likely to have a cooking show,” Kath won “Best Food Blog,” and Caitlin won “Best Blogger Humanitarian Effort.” It was so cool!!! :-D

IMG_0482

Once back at the hotel, a bunch of us gathered at the hotel bar and celebrated with a cocktail and dessert. We shared the chocolate torte, which was absolutely divine! I loved the strong, fresh mint flavor!

IMG_0330.JPG

I also celebrated with a Grey Goose dirty martini. ;-)

Kath suggested an early morning run tomorrow, so I only drank about half of my martini. There’s no way I want to run hungover in the morning. Ick.

IMG_0331.JPG

I can barely keep my eyes open and I have another fun-filled day planned for tomorrow.

I still can’t believe that I won 3 Foodbuzz Awards! Ahhh! What an honor! I’m heading to bed with the biggest smile on my face ever! :mrgreen:

G’night!

Felicia (Bites of the Apple) November 8, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Congratulations, Tina!!! That’s so exciting and well deserved. :)

It sounds like an amazing night and the dinner looked fabulous. I love that it was held in a produce warehouse! Such a fun idea.

Molly November 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration to so many readers and you deserve all three awards (and many more!)

Laura November 8, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Congratulations, Tina! :)

Did the award wins come with any prizes?

Er, she says, shallowly.

Nikka @ neekadeek November 8, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Congratulations!
    Your blog has been so valuable to my own journey, you deserve all the accolades you receive! Relish in it all!

Lauren @ eater not a runner November 8, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Congrats! you deserve it!

Caroline November 8, 2009 at 8:45 pm

I am in absolute awe at your weekend! Congrats on winning too! What an unbelievably fun looking time you had, getting to meet all the bloggers and eat all that delicious food it’s seriously any of our dream come true!

Cait (Cait's Plate) November 8, 2009 at 8:51 pm

CONGRATS!!! That’s so exciting!! :D You took some lovely pictures, the food almost doesn’t look real! I’m glad you had such a great trip. Congrats again on the awards, well deserved Tina!!

Stephanie November 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Congratulations! I have been reading your blog for so long and all of those awards are well deserved!

rebecca lustig November 8, 2009 at 9:32 pm

CONGRATS lovely lady!!! You deserve it <3

janetha November 8, 2009 at 9:33 pm

super good to meet you lady! congrats on the awards. the brussel sprout dish was my fave! hope you have a safe trip back. xo

Light Delight with TouTou November 8, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Wow! big Congratulations! that’s really amazing! so happy for you!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) November 8, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Congrats Tina! So excited for you. Sounds like a fabulous weekend – so wish I could have been there!

Gina G November 8, 2009 at 9:56 pm

congrats Tina! =D =D

Geneviève November 8, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Congratulations Tina!!! You absolutely deserve all 3 of those awards!!! Glad that you were recognized for all your hard work and your dedication!! thanks for being a part of my daily life!!!!!

Keep on inspiring us around the world to eat a little healthier every day!!!

Ameena November 8, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Congratulations! You guys really deserve awards for blogging so regularly. It really is a full time job and I don’t know how you do it.

Danica November 8, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Yeah, yeah and yeah!!! It was so awesome to watch you win so many awards and seriously – you totally DESERVE them. LOVE your blog and love ya! You have to be one of the coolest and funnest bloggers I know. I LOVE the passion you have with it all and it really shines through in all you do :)

Keep up the fantastic work – your blog and pictures get better every day. I seriously LOVED your pictures on this post (oh, except me being a dork in the back) but they are all so professional looking :)

Katie November 8, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Congratulations Tina!!!

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl November 9, 2009 at 12:26 am

Wow. Those are some fantabulous photos! What an amazing time you’re having!!! :-D

And congrats on those awards. Girl, you’re rockin’ the blogosphere!!!

*smiles*
    Michele

BroccoliHut November 9, 2009 at 1:04 am

Wow, congrats on all the awards–you deserve them, chica!

Nate November 9, 2009 at 2:49 am

Congratulations! you take the cake.

Lu November 9, 2009 at 9:44 am

Congratulations! It’s great that you won! The dinner looks delicious. I love the mismatched dishes, and the brussel sprouts sound awesome.

Whit November 9, 2009 at 9:56 am

Congrats on the awards! :D

Lindsey @ Eat, Read, Run November 9, 2009 at 10:57 am

Congratulations!!! That is soo fantastic!

Jasmine (Sweet and Fit) November 9, 2009 at 11:20 am

congrats Tina! you definitely deserve it!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the dinner and chatting with you about Nuval.

Hope to be in touch =)

Jill November 9, 2009 at 11:54 am

I’m dying for those roasted brussel sprouts!! I love getting to read all about your trip. Looks like you had an amazing time!

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers November 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm

congrats on your awards! i love your blog & think you’re very deserving. :)

Scott November 9, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Congratulations on your hat trick! I’m so proud of you!

Angela @ A Healthy Fit November 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Congrats on your blog awards! I am new to your blog (and a new blogger as well)and love reading it!

Nick November 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Congrats Tina! Looks like a good time… I was sad I couldn’t make the trip out!

Cyrus Senne June 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.