• Blogger Trip to Sonoma

November 9, 2009

Yesterday was quite a special day! :mrgreen:

After brunch, Jenna, Kath, Meghann, Beth, and I drove up to Sonoma County for a day filled with wine, food, and photography!

IMG_8138

Our first stop was Matanzas Creek Winery.

DSC_0011.JPG

The views were breathtaking!

DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG

Jenna’s friend, Adam, was our tour guide and photographer for the day. He’s also the Director of Social Media Director for Jackson Family Wines, so we had lots to chat about.

DSC_0021.JPG

4088009029_e43f19e396.jpg

camerasto

tina.jpg

Then we headed down to explore the lavender fields of Matanzas Creek Winery. I didn’t realize how much I liked the lavender smell until yesterday.

DSC_0026.JPG

It’s heavenly! :-D

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG DSC_0038.JPG

Jenna hooked us up with a private wine tasting at Matanzas, so then we headed to the tasting room.

DSC_0009.JPG

The tasting was so fancy!

DSC_0039.JPG

And just for us! :mrgreen:

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG

The wine tasting included a lovely plate of cheeses that paired oh so well with the wines. I pretty much finished the entire plate.

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

We tasted 6 different wines.

DSC_0051.JPG

Chris of Matanzas hosted our tasting. We tried a Sauvigon Blanc (my fav!), an amazing Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, 2 Merlots, and a Cabernet. All of the wines were delicious– lots of body and flavor.

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

There were a lot of wine pours, but I didn’t let a single ounce go to waste. ;-)

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

IMG_9709

DSC_0071.JPG

Cheers, ladies!

IMG_8225

Our next stop was the Arrowood Winery for another tasting.

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

Wine country is gorgeous!

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

At Arrowood, we tried more delicious wines– Viognier, Gewurstraminer, Chardonnay, two different Cabernet Sauvigons, and a Syrah. My favorite was the Viognier– rich, exotic, lush, and creamy. Delish!

DSC_0078.JPG

IMG_9865

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Adam took so many beautiful shots of us gals. Thanks, Adam!!! :-D

To see all of Adam’s photos from the day, check out his flickr account.

arrowoodporch

IMG_9791

IMG_9822

I love Beth!

IMG_9900

After wine tastings X 2, we were off to dinner in Sonoma.

Lindsey @ Eat, Read, Run November 9, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Great photos!!! What a beautiful area. Did you get a new camera yet – did I miss that post? Looks like a wonderful, fun trip.

P.S. – our chat never happened. Sadness :-(

mary ann November 9, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I have yet to taste a viogner I didn’t thoroughly enjoy, mmmm. Question, did you spit or swallow, (eww, not like that) you know what i mean though. I’ve shamefully never actually spit at a tasting before and as a result have gotten quite a buzz. how’d you all manage? SO AWESOME TO HEAR ABOUT THE TRIP AND AWARDS!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    MA

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 9, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Looks like such a blast!!!!!!!

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) November 9, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Gorgeous pics.. I love the lavendar. I am obsessed with that scent. Looks like a wonderful trip.

Allyson November 9, 2009 at 12:49 pm

What a fun day! I would have been asleep under the table after about 3 hours. Wine makes me so sleepy!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) November 9, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Oh that looks like a wonderful day – and such great weather! I’ve never been wine tasting before, but it’s definitely on the list. Looks like you gorgeous women all had a great day!

Carolyn November 9, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Wine country looks beautiful and your pictures are fantastic!! I want some yummy cheese now, LOL!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing November 9, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Tina, the whole weekend looks absolutely amazing. What an awesome awesome thing to have done!! Congrats on your big wins, very well deserved :O)

Diana November 9, 2009 at 12:52 pm

That place is gorgeous! Wow. Glad you had a good time :)

Ali (food, fitness, fashion) November 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Looks like a great day!!!!!!! Glad you are having a good time!

KT November 9, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Welcome to neck of the woods. I’m glad you had such a good time….it’s funny because sometimes I take for granted that I get to live in such a beautiful area…thanks for reminding me of what I have to be thankful for :)

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 9, 2009 at 1:15 pm

That all looks superb!

Amelia November 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Your pictures are amazing! Especially the ones of the lavender bunches. So detailed.

Whitney @ Lettuce Love November 9, 2009 at 1:32 pm

What wonderful pictures! It looks like you had a great time :)

Amy November 9, 2009 at 1:35 pm

BEAUtiful pictures! It looks like so much fun! My husband and I were there this past June and this makes me want to go back again and again!! :)

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers November 9, 2009 at 1:39 pm

looks like such a fun day! i’m not really a wine-o, so my mouth started watering at the plate of cheese! ;)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm

fun. love the pix of y’all with your fancy cameras!!!

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Lavendar is such a soothing smell. It makes my dreams so much nicer.

Jenna November 9, 2009 at 1:58 pm

what great pics tina! looks like a blast!
    jenna

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans November 9, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Jenna November 9, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I love the photo of all of you with your cameras. So cute!

What an amazing experience. I would love to go to wine country someday. :)

Shannon (The Daily Balance) November 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm

BEAUTIFUL photos! What a fantastic experience — thanks for sharing ;)

Nicole (dishin') November 9, 2009 at 2:02 pm

So much fun! The views look amazing and I bet the wine was delicious!

BethT November 9, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Haha, best photo of me…ever?

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) November 9, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! I totally would have saved that placement if I were you haha I’m a sucker for those types of souvenirs.

Erica November 9, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Those pics look like they are postcards! Totally beautiful!!

And congratulations on your awards! You deserve them! Now, will you make me a cocktail?! LOL

Julie @savvyeats November 9, 2009 at 2:35 pm

What a great day! And I love the pic of all the bloggers with their cameras :)

Suzanne November 9, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Wow! Thank you for sharing all of your amazing photos with us!!

Menden @ Skinny Menny November 9, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Such gorgeous photos!! I’m just catching up on your blog and wanted to say CONGRATS on the Foodbuzz Awards! The trip to Sonoma looks like so much fun :)

candice November 9, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous scenery. I can only imagine what it looked like in person! And that lavender! <3

Erin November 9, 2009 at 9:34 pm

That looks like such a great time with great girls! Fabulous photos! Congrats on the awards Tina!

linda November 9, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Such nice pics from the winery. I live in the Bay Area and visit the wine country a few times a year. This wasn’t on my radar before, but now it is. So beautiful!

Jess (What's Normal, Anyways?) November 15, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Hi Tina!

I follow most of you ladies, so it’s funny to read about the same trip 5 times, but the pictures you posted really are stunning. I’m not sure if they are yours or Adams, but either way I’m so in love with all the pouring actions shots. Beautiful and thank you for sharing them.

Enjoy your weekend, and this belated comment! :D