• POM Harvest Tour: Playing Catch Up

October 21, 2009

Yowsahs! 8-O Today has definitely been a whirlwind! I need to play a little catch up on CNC to get you guys up to speed.

After touring the POM orchards, the group drove to Visalia to check-in to a new hotel for the night.

DSC_0004.JPG

Even though I’m a serious slob when it comes to staying in hotel rooms, it wasn’t any trouble to pack up my things and move to a new location for the night.

DSC_0005.JPG

The other bloggers didn’t seem to mind either.

DSC_0008.JPG

Especially when we realized that our new hotel was super nice! :-D

DSC_0015.JPG

Check out this plush king size bed that I get to sleep in tonight! I seriously cannot wait to climb in and pass out! I just wish my hubby and puggy were here with me too! :-?

DSC_0017.JPG

Is it strange that I love hotels so much?

DSC_0019.JPG

After settling into my hotel room, I hit the gym for a speedy workout. I didn’t have much time, so I maximized my workout by doing intervals on the elliptical. I used MotionTraxx’s “30-Minute Cardio Machine Melter,” which I followed-up with 15 minutes of upper body free weights and some abs.

I returned to my room, blogged, showered, and put on a pot of coffee. I NEEDED the caffeine to keep me going!

DSC_0023.JPG

Just before the group was scheduled to meet, I received a text message from Caitlin and Eric, who invited me to enjoy a cocktail with them in the hotel bar. Of course, I joined them for a glass of wine. Who am I to turn down a drink with friends? ;-)

IMG_3743.jpg DSC_0029.JPG

Then, we headed upstairs to a conference room to hear Janel (my favorite RD!) give a fascinating presentation about anti-aging and antioxidants. I wish that I had taken notes because Janel had so many interesting things to say! Check out Caitlin’s blog for some of Janel’s top tips.

DSC_0032.JPG

Everyone really seemed to enjoy Janel’s presentation. I know that I definitely learned a lot!

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

I would love to blog about the amazing dinner that I enjoyed tonight, but I am completely and utterly exhausted. It’s almost midnight here in California, which means it’s close to 3 AM for us East coasters. WHY am I still awake!?!

Tomorrow is our last day in California, and we’re going to the POM plant to see how the juice is produced and packaged. I’m heading back to Boston on a very late flight– and somehow I need to work at my full-time job bright and early on Thursday. Wow, I’m tired just thinking about it! :-?

Good night, guys!!!

ellen eats beets October 21, 2009 at 3:09 am

Sounds like you’re having a great time! Enjoy the rest of it lady!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 21, 2009 at 6:56 am

Sounds like a blast! Have a great day today!

Estela @ Weekly Bite October 21, 2009 at 7:09 am

Looks like everyone had a great time! Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Emily (Emily Eats and Exercises) October 21, 2009 at 7:15 am

Sounds like a great trip. I’m impressed that you got such a good workout on the elliptical – I always feel like I don’t really accomplish much on that machine, but it is obviously possible… Good luck with all the upcoming craziness!

christie @ honoring health October 21, 2009 at 7:15 am

Looks like you are having a great time, Tina! Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) October 21, 2009 at 7:17 am

Looks like you are having a blast! Have a safe trip home :)

Kristen October 21, 2009 at 7:22 am

Yep, that is crazy late!!

It’s neat to see the faces of so many bloggers! Good luck with the rest of your week!

Paige@ Running Around Normal October 21, 2009 at 7:52 am

Sounds like you’re having a blast! Whew, back to work on Thursday! Thankfully it will almost be the weekend!

Felicia October 21, 2009 at 7:55 am

I absolutely love hotels too! I have since I was a little. I used to get so excited for family vacations for that very reason.

Also, I went out to Napa for a nice little three-day wine-tasting trip three months ago. I took the redeye back on Monday night and went straight to work after landing. I was definitely exhausted but the memories of the trip got me through the rest of the week. It was totally worth it! Just think that you only have two days to get through! :)

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 21, 2009 at 8:45 am

Marriotts have the most comfortable beds! I once fell so in love with one of the pillows that I took it (got charged, of course–haha)

MelissaNibbles October 21, 2009 at 8:50 am

Looks like such a fun trip!
    I love hotels, but hate the coffee they put in your room….blech!

Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life October 21, 2009 at 8:56 am

Looks like fun so far! Can’t wait to read more!

Meghan@traveleatlove October 21, 2009 at 8:59 am

Looks like fun! I love hotels too, always have since I was a kid!

Carolyn October 21, 2009 at 9:12 am

Who doesn’t love a good hotel?

Lizzy October 21, 2009 at 9:32 am

i love hotels too! i’m glad your having such a fun time!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 21, 2009 at 9:36 am

It is a bit weird that you love hotels rooms! no no j/k . . . I used to think they were awesome until this year. I’ve been out of town many times this year for work, weddings, vacation, and I have one more wedding next weekend, after that I am going to enjoy a nice long 3 month stretch of only sleeping in my own bed.

Tina October 21, 2009 at 9:37 am

Everything looks like sooo much fun! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing October 21, 2009 at 9:37 am

Looks like such a cool trip for you guys! Enjoy the rest of your time and have a very safe journey back to Boston!! :O)

Jenna October 21, 2009 at 9:38 am

glad you got to hear your favorite RD speak! caitlin really liked her too :)
    jenna

Jenna October 21, 2009 at 9:49 am

glad you got to hear your favorite RD speak! caitlin really liked her too :)
    jenna
    OH! You’re my new favorite blogger fyi

Cynthia (It All Changes) October 21, 2009 at 9:49 am

I’m a serious slob in hotel rooms too. Something about knowing I only have to take my own stuff out and then it gets clean brings out the slob in me.

I give you props though for taking a red eye and working the next morning. Invest in some toothpicks to keep your eyes open.

Food Makes Fun Fuel October 21, 2009 at 9:57 am

Good luck back to work! At first I thought you were posting at 3am and couldn’t believe it(though midnight is pretty bad too! haha)

skinnyrunner October 21, 2009 at 10:05 am

i love staying in hotels, nice ones of course :) i think i could almost live in them.
    drinks with friends is a wise thing to never turn down!

Danielle October 21, 2009 at 10:05 am

Hope you make the most of your last day there! Everything sounds so exciting :)

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers October 21, 2009 at 10:48 am

that hotel looks super, duper cozy. i agree about hotels – their beds & pillows are always so fluffy and just scream “get in here & relax already!”

BethT October 21, 2009 at 10:50 am

I love hotels too… and not to sound like a groupie. but Janel has the most BEAUTIFUL hair! I am jealous.

Melissa (Melissa Likes To Eat) October 21, 2009 at 11:08 am

I love hotel rooms too! I love everything about traveling….except the unpacking. Urgh.